• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
can anyone explain the evolution man on route 24 next to bill's house i been trying to get that to evolve my Kadabra but he won't please help :

Trade and GTS are currently down. Because of that, no trades can be made.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 10, 2023
I can unzip the updater but where do i put the updates to make them work? I cant enter the battle to get Pikachu. It gives me an error message that i think might be because i have to update. I downloaded the complete version but why would i have to update it right away? On the Continue screen says there is a update available, which is why im trying to update it.

Did you want the error message?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 10, 2023
Run the updater first, then run the game as normal

But which file in the original download do i put the updates? I have tried several things and I cant get the battle with Pikachu. I get Weedle but then it gives me an error message...

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Unzip the updater into the same folder as the game and let it overwrite the existing one. Then run the upster, you'll need java for that. Once it's complete you can rubthe game

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 10, 2023
Unzip the updater into the same folder as the game and let it overwrite the existing one. Then run the upster, you'll need java for that. Once it's complete you can rubthe game

It doesnt overwrite anything that i can i tell, i might be wrong. run upster? I dont see that. What is that? I know what java is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
sorry, meant to say updater. When you download the game it comes with an update file. You need to replace that file with the new one

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm having issue with the updater, I did exactly as stated but when I try to run the updater in java it doesnt appear to do anything...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
In order to update the game, you must have the updater.jar in the root of the game folder. Before updating, you must also have open JDK (java), preferably the latest version. Then you want to run the updater.jar. It will open up a new window, and will show a progress bar. If there is any new material to download, it will show progress. When it is finished, or you are up to date, it will show 100%. Click Play. KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES. It should launch the game. Close the game and restart it. If this does not work, try having the game open as you run the launcher.
IF YOU ARE RUNNING THIS GAME ON A MACHINE OTHER THAN WINDOWS (through Wine), THE UPDATER WILL NOT WORK. THE UPDATER WILL ONLY WORK ON A NATIVE WINDOWS MACHINE.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
For all: A new custom build has been added to the downloads page. It has some graphical fixes and corrected version. It also has a few music changes too. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL BUILD.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Couple huge bugs

The rods do absolutely nothing in V1.11 I can't catch any water pokemon with Old/Good/Super

I'm convinced the Item Finder also does absolutely nothing

Flying Crashes the game

Using the Pokedex and selecting Area crashes the game

Going to the Lavader town ghost tower WITHOUT Slith Scope and seeing the Ghost crashes the game.

Someone please let me know if I'm doing something wrong with the Rods. this puts huge amounts of pokemon off limits from being captured... especially dragonair

EDIT SOLUTION FOR RODS/NO CATCH FOUND: Anyone experiencing the Rods not catching pokemon problem.

I constantly used the speed button DO NOT try to speed up fishing and I IMMEDIATLY got a bite the first time. I would assume same results for item finder.
Delightful!

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
the game crashes when I initiate the encounter with pikachu, it says theres a problem with the pikaball...

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Couple huge bugs

The rods do absolutely nothing in V1.11 I can't catch any water pokemon with Old/Good/Super

I'm convinced the Item Finder also does absolutely nothing

Flying Crashes the game

Using the Pokedex and selecting Area crashes the game

Going to the Lavader town ghost tower WITHOUT Slith Scope and seeing the Ghost crashes the game.

Someone please let me know if I'm doing something wrong with the Rods. this puts huge amounts of pokemon off limits from being captured... especially dragonair

EDIT SOLUTION FOR RODS/NO CATCH FOUND: Anyone experiencing the Rods not catching pokemon problem.

I constantly used the speed button DO NOT try to speed up fishing and I IMMEDIATLY got a bite the first time. I would assume same results for item finder.
Delightful!

There is actually a bug i've found with the fishing. I've now fixed it and it'll be in the next update, same with the issues with the flying/town map.

Ghosts will also be fixed

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I believe pressing F1 allows you to change the controls. Can't remember for certain as not at my machine

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Can't believe the nerve of some people, have had a PM from a member here stating they they have decompiled the updater code and asking how they edit it for their use, pissed off

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Can't believe the nerve of some people, have had a PM from a member here stating they they have decompiled the updater code and asking how they edit it for their use, pissed off
That's sucky, Although it doesn't take anything to become a member here so they could have just made the account 5 minutes ago. Sorry this happened though :(

Years
  • Age 76
  • Seen Jul 23, 2017
I started playing this using an old build, a build where cut couldn't be used because the wrong badge was assigned to it, the ui was different and the sprites weren't animated.

I saw the new build but i didn't want to start over, so i used the save file on the new version, this caused a few issues.

- several items changed to megastones, including the ss ticket and the bike voucher, rendering the boat unacessible (altough i had aquired cut already) and the bike road unacessible aswell.
These weren't an issue as i didn't need them.
- dig caused a crash
- I can only fly to a few areas near the starting town, some inside caves, others in trees and one inside a building of some sort like a pokecenter, only that the screen is black and i have no idea where am i.
- finished the elite 4 and gary, but the guards near the poke league don't alow me to go further and the guy near the cerulean cave doesn't allow me in.
- Sometimes enemies deal damage when i use fly.

So, how do i progress? how do i get past the guards near the elite 4? how do i use the train system in safron.

I'm a player who mainly played pokemon yellow back in the days, so excuse me if i make basic questions about the game.

As for the updater it fails, i get a exception in thread "main" and a buck of classes, then the window closes (this happens ina split second)
I also get "not connected to internet" in the game, but i can assure that i have one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 5, 2018
i very love pokemon yellow
but why..?
i can't select boy or girl ??
i want a girl <3

Back