• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Valde Bellum (OOC Thread)

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Is it okay if I only do the very beginning of Courtney's battle in the first post and then finish it and the second and third? It's okay if I can't, I just kind of don't want to have half the battle in one post and then another half in the second.

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
Years
Name of Character: Benjamin Auguste

Age of Character: 20

Appearance: Benjamin is a Caucasian male with a well-tanned skin tone, which is thanks to staying outside and working on machines all the time. He is rather tall, standing close to six feet and five inches. Thanks to his skill as a mechanic, his arms and chest are very well-toned, showing rather large muscles. The rest of his body, while not quite as toned, is lean. His eyes are blue, while his hair is strawberry-blonde. He keeps his hair cut short in a sort of high buzz, allowing him to stay cool while it is hot.

When it is hot, Benjamin can be seen in a blue t-shirt and brown shorts with white socks and black running shoes. When it is cool, he'll wear a worn-out brown leather jacket and brown cargo pants with his blue t-shirt. His black running shoes are worn-out as well. On Benjamin's left wrist are silver, yellow, green, and purple strings, representing the friends he lost to the Acies. He also wears a black finger-less glove on his right hand. Whenever he goes hiking at Mt. Moon, he takes a gray cargo backpack with him.

Personality: Benjamin is an outgoing, energetic young man from Pewter City who has convinced the whole town , through his actions, that he is slightly insane. While this is completely true, Benjamin is considered a genius in the town as well. He can often be seen messing with machines, learning what they can and can't do. If he can't do anything with them, the solution is simple. HE'LL BLOW IT TO KINDOM COME! By the way, he likes to blow stuff up. Other than messing with and/or blowing up machines, one can usually see Benjamin reading a good book, sometimes even drinking tea while doing so. This is the only time he is calm or even seen sitting still, as he focuses on solely reading. In fact, he is able to hyperfocus, allowing him to focus on one thing and one thing only. This allows him to do anything he focuses on, as well as do it well. Just don't expect this trait to appear all too often, especially if there is something shiny anywhere. When it comes to fighting, Benjamin would much rather talk things out. In fact, he will unless he sees that talking won't help. When that happens, pray that Arceus will help you.

Despite the cheerful and outgoing personality, Benjamin has gone through many hardships. He is extremely insecure about himself as an individual, as well as paranoid. While the insercurities have always troubled him, the recent loss of his two best friends is what caused the paranoia. Ever since, he was become worried about making any more friends, as he doesn't want to lose anymore. The loss of his best friends also caused Benjamin to gain a short-temper, due to the stress affecting his mind that much.

Region From: Kanto/ Primo (Pewter City)

History: Life has never been easy for Benjamin. His family has always been poor, barely making by. However, they were happy. They had each other, as well as a Venusaur and a Magneton, both of which belonged to Benjamin's father. Originally, Benjamin and his family lived in Saffron City, where his father worked at the magnet train station as a maintenance guy. Oftentimes, he would take little Benjamin with him. This all stopped though, as when the Acies took over, they closed the magnet train to the public. Without a job and worried about his family's safety, Mr. Auguste took his family to Pewter City. Sure, the Acies had control there too, but at least they weren't all over tha place like in Saffron.

Time passed, and soon, Benjamin's father had set up a nice little garage where he could perform maintenance and repairs for the people in the area. It didn't make much, but it was enough to keep his family fed. Benjamin, at this point, was old enough at the age of sixteen to help his father with the various machines. When he wasn't working with his father though, he was either reading, or playing with Venusaur and Magneton, who he saw as his best friends. Unfortunately, such happiness didn't last. The Acies then banned Pokemon and took Venusaur and Magneton away. This devastated the entire family, but none as much as Benjamin. While he still kept his cheerful personality, he grew paranoid and isolated himself from other people, as well as the wild Pokemon around the area. The stress also caused him to gain a short-temper, one that hasn't disappeared in four years. Nowadays, Benjamin is still helping his father with repairs, but he secretly hopes a revolution will start again. He wants to find his old friends and make the Acies pay for taking them away.

Roleplay Example: (This is from another site. Hope it works...)
Spoiler:
Favorite Element: Grass

FINISHED!!!!! (like a boss)

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Nate_Dawg: Excellent application, and very creative!
I just need to know the region she's from (I didn't really see it), and I'll upload the first post with your information.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Name: My name. Well aren't you just an eager young fellow…and so cute too. Hmm, I could just eat you right u... What, no? Fine, fine. Clariece Alexandra Donnevell. Named after both of my grandmothers in the hopes that I would grow up to embody the grace, beauty, and respectability that radiated from both of those fine women, God rest their souls, their entire lives. And as you can tell, you handsome young man, I have more than lived up to my name. But is that the truth? Maybe my name is Jezabel Leigh Romairo: the bastard daughter of a gypsy woman and the man of high moral standing that she seduced. Abandoned to this cruel world by a dying mother and an ashamed father, I have survived on my own while secretly searching for a man strong enough to tame me. Maybe that man is you...? Ah, it is glorious isn't it? The thrill of being someone else. The risk of being caught in a lie, ahhhh. I can be whoever you want me to be, Darling. Or, whomever I want you to think I am. (Real name: Stephanie "Mask" Delilah Eddington.)

Age: 22 if I choose to be so, or maybe 18 is more your number? Age is just a number sweetie, and there are far more interesting number that can be used to describe me... (20)

Appearance: Beautiful…is that not enough. Fine, but seeing is so much more fun than reading, Dear. Red, fire hair flows seductively down my back to right upon a rather particularly interesting curve of my body. Dark mysterious eyes that tell you everything you want to know as well as things you didn't even know you wanted to hear. A cute button nose that is neither too small nor too big, just right as Goldie-Locks would say, with an eye-catching emerald piercing on the right side Luscious lips surround beautiful white teeth offering a smile meant to disarm, soothe, and entice. Finishing out my facial features are an elegant neck that is surrounded by an assortment of beautiful stone and bead necklaces and cute ears that are typically hidden by a thin white and green scarf that also covers my forehead and is tied underneath my hair. Dark sun-kissed skin holds everything together in a rather irresistible package. So beautiful, so inviting. It is okay to stare, Sweetie.

The rest of what you see is hidden I'm afraid, though I can tell you what you are missing. Long powerful legs stretch down to feet that are typically barefoot. Maybe the only blemish of my otherwise perfect body would be the layer of callouses that act as padding under my feet. But just wait till you see me dance, Sweetie. Callouses will be the last thing on your mind. My arms are slender but strong and connect gracefully to petite hands. A thin, well-trained body that other women would kill for is completely hidden under a loose fitting emerald green dress with a white floral patterns Sometimes the worst thing you can do with beauty is to show it for free. Give a little, and then make them work. Plus, the dress is perfect for dancing. I have many. I try to keep a few on me at all times. Green for the day, red for the night. I'll let you use your imagination on what is under the dress. Besides, I would hate to make you blush any more than you already are.

Personality: Honey, if you want to know that you are going to have to do better than simply asking. (Mask, if you haven't figured it out by now, is a very manipulative woman. She has trained her mind and body for years for a single purpose: to get what she wants. So what is it that she wants? Well, that would depend on who you are and what you have to offer. But that wouldn't be a very clear answer. Things have very little meaning to her. In truth, anything other than her self really does. But how is that different from anyone else? What Mask really cares for is power. Not the power that comes from being famous or in charge of making decisions that effect the lives of many. No, Mask desires the control over individuals. Each person she meets is a conquest. A game. She provides them with the delusion of who they want to be and controls them through that delusion. Her intentions depend on the person. A shy, awkward but otherwise sweet man might just need the encouragement of a beautiful woman to make him see what he truly has to offer. If he decides to shower Mask with attention and gifts through the process…is it so wrong? However, someone with lower moral standards often requires a different approach and a less…pleasant end.

Mask, strangely, is not one to take control of situations in the normal sense. In truth, the young woman has no direction of her own. Her actions are base solely off the desires, or what she wants their desires to be, of the person she is "masking." She uses her…talents…to encourage, trick, or obtain but never determines her own final destination. She simply acts as an extension of another person. If one were to look under all the masks, they would see a scared, unsure, confused girl with little to no plans or dreams of her own. But then, who is to say that is simply not another of her masks. Some would say she is strong and confident. Other would say naïve. Others would claim she is a seductress. Liar. Thief. Perfect. Lover. Daughter. Kind. Friend. Fiancé. Worthless…. But which is true? Sadly, not even Stephanie is completely sure anymore.

Pokémon are less complicated though. They require less prompting than humans. Trust is more freely given. Commands are followed with faith that the trainer knows what is best. The pokémon believes in the trainer. No lying. No manipulation. No games. No masks. No lies. No problem? In fact, the only way to be successful as a trainer is to open up and share your life with your pokémon partner. How does someone be herself when they don't even remember who that person is? Needless to say, most people would not consider Mask to be a successful trainer, and she has no desire to prove them wrong. Pokémon each have their purpose in Mask's eyes. Some to fight, some for utility, some to deceive, and some…well some are just cute to look at.)

History: History? You say that as if it is a singular story. Honey, neither one of us have the time to cover all my pasts. So why don't you just tell me who would you prefer to hear about. Daughter of a wealthy but dominate man, adducted by a pirate and held ransom? Days at sea turned to weeks and soon into love? No longer wanting to continue his life of wandering, he returns the daughter and asks for her hand? Maybe you would prefer to hear a tale of a sweet country girl who runs away from her family home in search of a better life. She comes across wealthy businessman who grows tired of the demanding, unfulfilling life of business. A perfect match? Come now, Dear. Pick which one you want to hear. They are all so exciting. (The most important part of any lie isn't that the target believes what you are saying. It is that you believe what you are saying. Mask has found that the best way to do that is to weave a little bit of the truth in with the lies. Stephanie grew up the daughter of an abusive father and a mother too kind to ask for help on a small farm in the country. One night her father was a little too abusive and her mother too sweet. Being kicked in the head by a horse is a tragic way to die. At least, that is what everyone believed. People sent their regrets to her and her father. Her father was still abusive; Mask was less sweet than her mother. Ten years old is way to young to lose a mother.

It didn't take long for Mask to figure out why her father was never held responsible for his actions at home. The man knew how to spin stories. She followed him to town one weekend for his usually night of drinking and listened as he talk to the rest of the usually crew. He talked of a loving family, a wife who he missed dearly, and an adventurous daughter who reminded him of himself when he was young. He laughed with his drinking buddies as he told them how the girl he claim to be her would fall out of trees, stay outside too late, or break dishes while trying to be sweet and make dinner in order to fill the gap that losing his wife had left in him. He even cried as he talked about how he didn't think she would grow up to be a proper woman because she did not have a mother and he was not good enough to do it alone. The men patted him on his back and bought him other round of alcohol. The ladies attempted not to cry as they swooned over such a good man. Stephanie?...Stephanie stored the memory in her mind. She would always be thankful to her father for that night. For once in his life, he gave something of worth to his daughter.

Eight year goes by quick when you have a purpose. A plan. Eight years is plenty of time to find "love," or at least someone that loves you. Some team rocket trainee with dreams of moving up the ranks and making his family proud was an easy target. Pride was always the easiest emotion to manipulate in Mask's opinion. It helped that the boy was sweet. Too sweet to be working for the Acies. But the war had changed a lot of things. Good people making bad decision was not uncommon. Eight days is more than enough time to plan a getaway. Supplies? Clothes? Money? Check. Distraction? Distraction had become pretty common. Fear of being ripped from your home and executed flowed more fluidly through the body than blood. No, no one would miss an eighteen-year old girl. Most people would try to pretend she never existed. It's better than thinking about what happened to her. Eight hours is easily enough when preparing a story for her lover of everything that her abusive farther had done. Eight minutes is all that it takes to anger an abusive father enough to bring out his nature. One hit. Two hits. Three hits. Floor. Three hits were all she needed. The mark was there. Eight seconds is the exact amount of time it takes for a lover to be ready to kill someone…wait, no. Kill is not what she wanted…

Eight seconds was all her father needed to beat the young man to death. He never stood a chance against the beast that was her father. The uniform didn't make him anything less than he was: a foolish boy trying to play hero. Eight minutes was how long it took her to start crying after what had happened. All she wanted was for him to use his connections to get her farther taken away. Eight hours was how long it took the police to find out what had happened and arrive to take her father away. He didn't even try to hide the body. Just sat at the table having a drink while the boy's blood ran down his knuckles. Stephanie watched from a distance, tears still in her eyes. Her father would be executed. The thought strangely made her sick. It took her eight days of walking and hitchhiking to get far enough away from her hometown to feel safe. It had taken her eight years to become eight-teen. She was of legal age. Old enough to legally leave her father and not need a guardian. Old enough to marry. It would take her eighty years, however, to forget the sight of the young man's lifeless body as they removed it from her house while she watched crying from a distance. The blood on her hands? It would take more than eight lifetimes to wash it off. Being someone else made things easier. Wearing a mask kept people from seeing her tears.)

Element: Air

Region: Johto

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Nate_Dawg: Alright, Mask receives a Natu! It's info will be in the first post.
177.png

Now, you can combine the first mandatory post with the post where you go onto your path, but you don't have to. That's up to you.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
The Pinkie Pie: Okay, good sign-up, but Steel is not one of the options, so grass it'll be. I've edited the first post. Bulbasaur is your starter.
001.png

You may begin!

Kikpanther

Years
That's actually a surprise, Royal, I thought you were a boy. XD (Sorry about that >w>')

And I'm gonna have a little bit harder time getting future posts up (and when I say harder, I mean it will take longer) because of time restraints. Don't worry about this post though, it's almost finished.

I should have it done within the hour...

SHOULD. XD

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Kiklion: That's totally fine, Kiklion! Whenever you can get a post in is absolutely fine with me. And haha, don't worry, people do end up getting my gender confused a lot.

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
Years
Pooooooooooooooooooooooooosted! :3 Any opinions on my first roleplaying post here on Pokecommunity? :)

Added: So, a Bold Lillipup eh? Hm... *thinks out multiple movesets* This should work out nicely, me thinks. :3

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Years
I liked your first post, Pinkie Pie, very good! You don't need to change anything if you don't want to, but you could add a little more substance to your post (not meaning length, but character interaction/action). It's not really required, but it'd help readers better connect to your characters and their emotions as well as allow them to put themselves into the scene. (That and I just like a post I can chew on. >w>)

Also, I just love how you're an active and eager poster in the RP. I'd post more often but... I'm in about five RPs and there's always one to post in when I'm done with the other! And I'm a slow poster. XD (Takes me about a day or more to get one in. >.>')

Anyways, it's Valde Bellum's turn again, so the next post is in production!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I always figured you were a boy, Royal, until you signed up for mine with a female character. It's far more common for a girl to roleplay with a male character than vice versa.

Anyway the reason I'm posting is because I do recall Royal stating there was a chance to trade Pokémon later and I figured it'd be a good idea to bring it up. Is there anyone who'd love to have a 'mon from my region, or anyone else's? Let us discuss!

Back