• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giovanni Fic Help???

Years
Hi everybody,
I am in the process of writing a Giovanni fic, and my problem is this: I used to be an avid Pokemon fan years ago, (back when it was brand new) but then I kind of moved on to other things. My story will take place right after Ash battles Giovanni for the first time; and I was just wondering if anybody could remind me of where/what happened after that battle? For instance, where was Ash, Misty, and Brock going to, and who where Ash's best Pokemon at that time? I use to know all this, but it has been a long time. I would greatly appreciate any info, thanks so much!

BTW, who else here is on fanfiction.net?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm also on FF.net, with the same user name as I have on here.

As for your other question, I can help you out with that as well.

First of all, Giovanni and Ash never really battled when Ash was going for his eighth badge. There was a problem with something, and Giovanni had to leave the Gym to take care of it. So the Gym was left in the hands of Jessie, James, and Meowth.

Jessie took control of the battle, as her character states. The Pokemon she used in the battle were Machamp, Kingler, and Rhydon. Against them, Ash planed on using Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Pidgeotto. Towards the end of the battle, because of the electrified battle platforms - the trainer feels the pain of the Pokemon! - Ash nearly fainted, and had just enough strength to release Pidgeotto. And because now Team Rocket is losing, Jessie sends out Arbok and Weezing. Pikachu shocks them all.

That's the gist of it, when Ash was going to get his last badge before the League. As soon as he won the last badge, he and the others returned home to find out more information about the League.

So Ash's team was: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, and Pidgeotto. If I recall correctly, which I'm probably not. <_<;

Seeing as how you've been out of the series for a while, I doubt that you were talking about the "Mewtwo Returns" movie, which came out in the Johto arc.

Years
Thank you so much! I very much appreciate your help! I have actually seen "Mewtwo's Return," but I have forgotten most of it. My fic will take place after that time period.

Back