• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Move Challenge (Revived)

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
It´s the...

TWO MOVE CHALLENGE!!!!(Revived)
twomovechallengebigbanner.png

Ani235OD.png
Introduction

Hey guys, this is a revive of the Two Move Challenge! The original didn´t do to well, but I´m hoping this time around it´s more popular.The basics are simple: Each pokemon in your party can only use two moves in battle, a status move and an "attack" move (physical or special). Here are the in-depth rules:

Ani235OD.png
Rules

*Each pokemon you're going to use can only use two moves in battle: a status move, and the already mentioned "attack" move.
*You may not ever switch either move. So, if your status move is Hypnosis, you may not later change it for Yawn, etc.
*As soon as a move is used in battle, it is counted as one of the moves. So, if you use tackle only ONCE, it's now the "attack" move and may not be changed.
*You can use another move ONLY if you run out of PP of BOTH moves, and then ONLY if ALL other pokemon in your party (except HM slaves) are fainted/also have run out of PP on both moves. If you run out of PP on Cross Poison, but still have PP on Swords Dance, sorry, you have to run out of PP on Swords Dance first.
*If your pokemon is not available before the FOURTH gym you may hack/trade it in. You can only hack up to three pokemon, and they may not be higher leveled than the lowest leveled pokemon on your party. (Excluding HM slaves of course.) You can trade as many pokemon as you want, but only as eggs.
*Yes, if you are emulating you can hack egg moves on you pokemon.

*No legendaries (Duh.)
*You're going to have to deal with immunities. Try to make sure your team can attack anything; For example, don't have all your attack moves be poison types in case of steel types. Feel free to use your status move as a way around these immunities, such as Miracle Eye, etc.
*For extra challenge, do this challenge along with another one (ex: Two Move Monotype)
*Try an Ultimate for the...uh, ultimate experience.
*If you use your starter, then you can wait until you catch another pokemon to decide on your move (don't worry, you aren't enternally doomed to Tackle and Growl)
*Have fun!

Ani235OD.png
Userbars

Made by me :P I don't know how to make them transparent, but you can try.

New Userbar:
twomovechallengebanner-1.png

Old Userbar:
2movechallenge.png

And Ultimates:
twomovechallengebanner-1-1.png

2movechallenge-1.png

Ani235OD.png
Competitors

If you are playing on a Sideshow Showcase hack (like me), then you will be listed as if you'd be playing a normal version of that game (for example, I'm playing Volt White so I'm listed under Black and White). Otherwise, all main hacks go under "Other", which is also for Gale of Darkness and such.

R/B/Y/FR/LG: None yet
G/S/C/HG/SS:
3DThinker (cookies for being first to sign up!)
R/S/E: None yet
D/P/Pt: tente2
B/W: tente2 (On hold because of ROM fail)
Other: None yet
Ultimate: None yet

Ani235OD.png
Champions

None yet

Ani235OD.png
Other Details

Your game is complete when:

R/B/Y/FR/LG: Beat Elite Four (On FR/LG, second round optional)
G/S/C/HG/SS: Beat Red
R/S/E: Beat Elite Four (R/S), Beat Steven (E)
D/P/Pt: Beat Elite Four (On Platinum, second round optional)
B/W: Beat Alder
Other: Varies
Ultimate: Beat a Kanto, Jhoto, Heonn, Sinnoh and Unova game.

Username:
Game(s):

I will be competing alongside you (actually, I already beat Lenora :P)

Well, that's it, have fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
Count me in,on Pokemon Blue ^_^
May I suggest a split rule or those that aren't ver ond of hardcoreness

like:

[OPT]You can only use 1 physical,1 spcial and 1 status instead of only one attacking and one status move ^_^

EDIT:

-Got Draco the Charmander(Scratch used-up)
-Grindan
-Got Heather the Spearow(Peck used-up)
-Got Bolt the Pikachu
-Draco evolved
-Beat Brock
-Grindan
-Heather evolved

Draco - Charmeleon (17)
Used: Scratch

Heather - Fearow (20)
Used: Peck

Bolt - Pikachu (3)
Used: None

Last edited:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Count me in,on Pokemon Blue ^_^
May I suggest a split rule or those that aren't ver ond of hardcoreness

like:

[OPT]You can only use 1 physical,1 spcial and 1 status instead of only one attacking and one status move ^_^

EDIT:

-Got Draco the Charmander(Scratch used-up)
-Grindan
-Got Heather the Spearow(Peck used-up)
-Got Bolt the Pikachu
-Draco evolved
-Beat Brock
-Grindan
-Heather evolved

Draco - Charmeleon (17)
Used: Scratch

Heather - Fearow (20)
Used: Peck

Bolt - Pikachu (3)
Used: None

Finally somebody showed up

Sorry for being a day late, on vacation in Bariloche hehe. Regarding the rule, it kind of destroys the whole thing, most people do that on their normal runs anyway (like, on my Honchkrow on HG, I used primarily Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, and Night Slash, and rarely used Fly). It wouldn't be very challenging.

Updates:

1#
Spoiler:

2#
Spoiler:

3#
Spoiler:

There are a few issues with the text (I copy pasted), sue me.

I said on the Personality thread I was going to update on November 1st, but I have nothing to do for now (again, Bariloche) so I[ll grind a bit. Will update after the next badge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
Since my rom sucks and my save corrupts all teh time,i'm changing to Gold ^_^
Will update soon ^_^

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Since my rom sucks and my save corrupts all teh time,i'm changing to Gold ^_^
Will update soon ^_^

Well, I added you to Gold, but should I remove you from Blue? I went ahead and removed you, but if you feel like doing Blue when you find a better ROM tell me...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
Yeah,you can take me from Blue
You can make bgs transparent with iaza.com btw

Last edited:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Well, first of all, I restarted this on my Platinum cartridge! Yayzies! No more ROM related excuses for me!

Second, I slightly edited the rules of the challenge.

I deleted my old post and posted this new one because it's an update I thought worth noting specially. If this is against the rules, sorry, this is a one-time thing.

EDIT: Mini-update, just saying I got Piplup as starter. May or may not use it...

Last edited:
Back