• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale! [T]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Julia Blackwood - Near Heroes' Loft
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia was embraced, blushing a nice pink color at all these gestures and shifting a bit to give Kiba a light squeeze as he laid his head against her. Yes, she enjoyed extended periods of direct contact with you too Kiba. Perhaps you should run some tests just to make sure. Needless to say, a Julia-hug was quite pleasant in the sense that she seemed perfectly comfortable with it. It was as if he never had to let go if he didn't want to. As Kiba asked her what they should do Julia shifted her weight towards one of her hips to better support eachother. She may not have been a physicist, but she knew what felt right by instinct and experience. Or... did she? I mean honestly, if Kiba ever got hurt, was she supposed to hit him? Did that work, or was it a Ki thing? She had never hit someone before, but she'd heard it was /supposed/ to hurt. Better test to see if Ki weighs more than a duck.

"Um... I guess we should head over to the show! That pikachu was talking about getting good seats, and it might take us a bit longer... Alright?"

With that, she began to move. It was indeed much slower to walk this way, but she didn't seem to care, that is until a thought occured to her. Now why hadn't she thought of this before?

"Or... we could ride Entei there!"

Normally, she would've ridden Roy, but the huge, powerful bird pokemon was currently... incapacitated. She silently reminded herself to check on him later.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Echo cocked her head at that and busily ate some more berries. "So... you don't see him as a trainer... is he more of a friend then? I never have met someone with that kind of philosophy to tell you the truth." She said with a shrug. "All the people I've met with Jack treat their pokemon like Jack treats us. Inside pokeballs, trained to battle. Stuff like that. Is it... different? Like, what does he do with you? Do you all sleep together at night or talk?"

She looked down, "Jack trains us and all, and he does make sure we're happy. I mean... I really don't know the difference. It's confusing."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

To the Show!

Kiba smiled and nodded. The first time he'd ever hugged a person, though he may have forgotten to mention it; that, or he's just trying to not look completely hopeless around Julia. "Ride... Entei...? If you want... I'd be worried that he might burn down the show... But if we walk, we can make the conversation last... And hug more." Kiba seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the affectionate gesture, as he'd regained the strength to walk but continued to hold on. His colorful eyes gleamed out of sheer delight and as she'd hugged him back he went full-on bear hug, causing them both to stop in there tracks. By now, there was a permanent grin on his face. "And if we went to that show together... Does that mean it's a date?"

~

Spirit caused a berry to levitate right out of the bowl, and sent it right into her own mouth. Chewing a bit, she continued the conversation. Hm... You were wild at one point, right? It's kind of like that. We can do whatever we feel like, if we left, he'd be sad, but he wouldn't stop us. Even in battle, he gives us commands, not to be a battle trainer, but just... Hm... It's pretty hard to explain... We can fight on our own. We choose to listen to his advice when he gives it, because we've been saved by it a few times. Otherwise, we get to choose our own strategies and attacks, while he helps us use our strengths and protect our weaknesses.

She float-grabbed another berry to eat and kept speaking. But do we consider him a friend...? I guess so, yeah. Everything he's done has been to help us. We have all slept together before... Though we choose where we sleep, that's why Mello is glued to Aviath right now. Ki... Eh. He usually meditates in trees or whatever. I'm a ghost, so I have no use for sleep, but if there's nothing better to do I just rest anyways. Flare..... She trailed off with a sigh. I'd rather not go into that...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Echo nodded as she listened to Spirit. "So... you do what you want when you want? Jack would never let us do that. We have a strict hierarchy. Orders, rules, stuff like that. It' the life we lead and I really can't complain. I was pretty wild when I was first taken in, and that really helped. I learned how to treat others with respect, when not to stab someone with my claws. If I hadn't had it I guess I would still be running around like a maniac." She giggled a bit, "I mean it is restrictive sometimes, but it's for the best. Could you imagine Charlie running around without any rules? That would be a nightmare!"

She ate some more berries, "So, do you have any hobbies you really enjoy? I really like music. I don't sing it, but it's very pretty when someone else sings or plays a instrument. One time we went to a music performance and it was so good!"

Dawn

Years
(All the rage when I find out PC ate my post without me realizing it somehow.)

Julia Blackwood - Heroes' Loft
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia guessed Kiba was right about Entei. She had never tried to ride him before, seeing as flying tended to be faster. Regardless, Kiba decided that this would be a... perfect place to just stop and cuddle. This sent a nice blush to Julia's cheeks as the two got... rather close together. Sheesh! Kiba, what would the neighbors say?! Quick, close the excellently picked out curtains! Julia returned the embrace, but when she spoke she sounded a tad unsure.

"Well--Didn't you hear the pikachu back there? If we don't go, we won't get there in time to get good seats..!"

She glanced into the distance.

"And it can't be a date if we never get there...~"

This time her tone had been a tad hinting. She was sure that sitting down and enjoying eachother's company would be far superior in this instance. And they needed to get moving, now! She flashed an awkward smile, the two's faces pretty close together at the moment.

"If... you don't mind, that is."

She couldn't tell. Perhaps he was /trying/ to avoid getting there? Maybe he was afraid of /clowns/ or something. Would they even have clowns? She certainly wasn't about to rule it out.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Catch a Ride on the Firey Tiger-Dog! Next Stop, the Circus!

Spirit tilted her head slightly. Well... I suppose the reason we're friends with Kiba in the first place is that we're friendly. I don't think Kiba would be friends with a Pokemon unless it was at least kind to some degree, and not running around maniacally. We like to live peacefully, but we do like to battle. And honestly, he does spend time with everyone, but more so with Ki. Those two are attached for more reasons than anyone else knows. She paused a bit to consider the question. ... Hobbies? Hm... ... ... ... ... Do practical jokes and scaring people count? Because otherwise I don't think I have any.

~

Kiba thought for a moment, even though the extremity of the embrace was greatly distracting, making it difficult to gather his thoughts properly. It took him a moment to respond, "We could... Ride Flare! If he's okay with it anyways..." Kiba formed his lips and created a low-pitched whistle, seeming to hold the note perfectly. After a few moments Flare had come up to them. First, glancing at Kiba, in shock to see him up and walking already. Then, even more shock, to see a girl had wrapped herself around him. Seriously, it must be the Twilight Zone! This sh** be crazy!! Flare, at a loss for (Pokemon) words, sat before them. Once the shock settled, he chuckled slightly, at the fact that the two seemed so madly in love.

Kiba simply gave the Arcanine a glance, and after a moment, he nodded and faced away from them, waiting silently. Kiba smiled (more) as he faced Julia. "Need a lift?" He laughed a bit before looking slightly serious; beneath the happy, of course. "Do you think we could stop at my tent first? I would like to dress nicer than... Well... This." 'This' referring to his shorts, lack of a shirt, his hair down, and just about every detail that he seemed to find improper.

Dawn

Years
Julia reacted with mild curiosity as Kiba made a whistling noise. What was he--She heard steps, and turned her head to see an arcanine approaching. Her eyes widened a bit and she glanced at Kiba. Had... he summoned that pokemon with a whistle? Not with a pokeball? Did it respond to all whistles, or just his natural one? How... unusual! And had he just implied that he was asking his pokemon for permission? ...Julia was beginning to get the impression that Kiba wasn't all that into battling. And yet he was at the tournament... Why /was/ he at the tournament, anyway? That was a good question.

"Flare..?"

...But she saved it for later. For the moment, she said Flare's name in a questioning tone, as if asking for confirmation that this was in-fact Flare. Kiba asked her if she wanted a lift and Julia's response was a light giggle. He then continued however and asked if they could stop at the tend. Julia seemed to think about it for a moment before responding. Well.. it didn't seem remotely unusual anyway!

"Sure..! Why not?"

And then a wobbufett popped out of the ground and knocked Julia on her head whilst exclaiming it's name. Only, not really. Julia glanced back and fourth between Flare and Kiba a couple of times, as if unsure how they were going to be getting on. Did Kiba need help? Did she need to let him go first? She had no idea.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

To the tent; THEN the circus-thing!

Kiba grinned slightly. He seemed pleased with himself to cause her such astonishment. Though her thoughts seemed to match his at this point. How exactly were they supposed to sit? He'd never considered this scenario before. After a moment of thought, he simply took her hand and led her onto Flare, climbing on after her, arms around her to keep her from falling. They made their way over to the tent in which Kiba had been bed-ridden for so long. He smiled at her as he walked into the tent, trying to get every last moment to see her before he was inside and out of sight. He remained in there for a few minutes, and emerged looking much different.

Exiting the tent, he made his walk toward Flare and Julia. His hair was retied into a ponytail, while the front of his hair was now more neatly swept to the right side of his face, showing his eyes in their entirety. He had quickly groomed out the minor details, and was now wearing his most formal attire, a soft gray-black Kimono, with gentle white marks in some sort of pattern. In a way, he seemed to look like royalty. Without a thought, he made his way back to the two, climbing back up as Flare carried the two toward the big show.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
(Well, PC ate my post -.-)

Jack Davis
Echo smiled at Spirit as she ate some more berries. "No, those are hobbies. I used to claw people us as my hobby. I was good at it." She chuckled a bit. "If you want to have other hobbies, you just have to go around and see what interests you. I know Foxtrot enjoys literature... well, the ones he can read of course and I know that Alpha likes cleaning his pendulum a lot as well as watching the stars whenever we are kept out at night. Whenever we're near snow I like to make snow angels." She giggled as she looked down with a blush, "Had a lot of fun in the snow." She was silent for a moment before she looked at Spirit. "You know... I really haven't been this open with anyone in a long time."

doge

???
Years
"So you're telling me you guys are out of stock too? This is the Lilycove Department Store for crying out loud! How could you possibly be cleaned out?"

"Sorry sir, it just seems that we still haven't been able to restock." The clerk had that same apologetic tone and fake smile as every other clerk he'd seen today.

Jimmy was in disbelief, he had went to every single flipping store in the Hoenn region and none of them, not a single one had anything regarding potions, revives or status heals(there was one measly full heal, which Jimmy did purchase.) Jimmy wasn't sure if he should laugh or what. It was like there was a huge region wide tournament going on that everybody except for him knew about it. If that was happening there would've been posters hung up everywhere, but there wasn't a single flier about a tournament whatsoever. Looks like his plan on visiting the Kanto region was going to have to be postponed. "What a waste of time," a slight chuckle escaped his lips, "hopefully Annie isn't too tired from all that flying around, note to self... pokemon center before I leave." Jimmy decided it might as well be time to hit the beach and relax a little bit seeing as he wasn't going anywhere.
-------------------------------------------

The cool breeze of the sea hit him square in the face, it refreshed him. Jimmy hadn't been to the beach in about two years, since he met his parents.. He took two steps into the sand and then a flash of light took him by surprise. Jimmy was now blind, momentarily of course.

"Jeez, couldn't warn a fella could ya?" Jimmy could barely make out a faint human figure. Suddenly, he regained his sight. The man was wearing a relatively large trench coat and your standard creepy dude hat. "Nice beach wear buddy!" A large smile crept its way upon Jimmy's face.

The weird dude didn't even respond, instead he simply put on a pair of orange sunglasses and yelled at the top of his lungs, "YOU THERE! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A BATTLE! One Pokémon! DO YOU ACCEPT?!"

Jimmy was pretty impressed, he thought the sunglasses looked awesome. "I'd love to battle you man, but first you have to tell me where you got those shades!" Nothing, nada, this dude just didn't really talk much did he. Jimmy sighed. "Fine, forget the shades... I guess they aren't that important." He reached behind him, clicking one of the small pokeballs attached to his empty bag, which was usually full and bloated. At the same moment the stranger releases his own pokemon and a fully grown Walrein roars, letting it's presence on the battlefield be known. To greet the large creature was Coop, taking the roar as a challenge, the Zangoose rose to his hind legs and snarled in return.

The man called out his first move and a ice ball the size of Jimmy's head was sent flying towards Coop. As it reached Coop, he crushed the ball sending pieces of it flying all over the place, one hitting Jimmy in the cheek. Jimmy brushed it off, "Swords Dance!" Suddenly, swords formed around Coop, clashing against his claws, sharpening them and increasing his power. "Charge at em, Coop." Coop ran towards the Walrein at great speed, destroying and dodging various ice balls of all different sizes. As the Zangoose closed in, the man called out for his Walrein to use Ice Fang. It was too late too dodge, the large seal had already clamped it's jaws down on Coop's left arm. "Coop here's your chance! Use Close Combat!" Grimacing in pain Coop retracted his claws, and began to smash the Walrein's body with his right hand. No longer able to hold the grip on Coop's arm the beast released it's grip. This was a mistake, and probably a fatal(not really) one. With two free hands Coop began to pummel the Walrein repeatedly. Jimmy could tell the large pokemon was about to drop until the strange man recalled his pokemon sparing it from further unnecessary damage. Zangoose stood for a second perplexed but then trotted back to Jimmy.

"Great job kiddo." The man had somehow ended up in front of Jimmy. "Here you go," he handed Jimmy a map, a brochure, and a badge case. "By the way, shades are classified kiddo, sorry. But tell your parents I said hi, shame I can't myself, I've got to jet." Jimmy's attention was at the brochure but at the mention of his parents his head sprung up. He was gone, this seemed odd but Jimmy returned his focus towards the brochure.
-Earth and Sky!-
Are you tired of gyms? Want a challenge that will really put your metal to the test? Do you truly want to stand out above all the trainers on the solid earth you stand on? Take part in the Earth and Sky League: BATTLE ROYALE!

If you're reading this, then you have completed the first step in participating in our yearly tournament that ends in every winter. The objective is simple, Along with this brochure, you will have a map of approved battle areas for the components to your badge which you will need to qualify for the finals! You should also have a badge case containing your first badge component! Gamble it in a fight during your battles and win enough components to complete your badge! Only then will it reveal to you where to go to fight the devastating elite!

Grand Prize:
1 wish
2nd Prize:
$200,000,000 Cash
Runner Up:
A complete badge for next year's contest!
"So this is why the stores are cleaned, everybody has been preparing for this..." He laughed, Jimmy realized his trip to Kanto was more than postponed, it was over before it even began. The crappy part about this was that he had no idea where this thing was taking place... Wait, that man mentioned his parents, maybe they had a clue. They lived on the shore, and it wasn't a far walk from where he was standing. Jimmy rubbed Coop's furry head and they both headed towards the house that harbored love for them but was still so foreign.
-------------------------------------------------------

*Knock Knock*
The door flung open and behind it was a face similar to Jimmy's, but with a genuine loving smile and long brown hair(Oh! And no facial hair.) "Hey, honey!" Coop immediately took off towards the kitchen giving both son and mother a puzzled look.

"It's nice to see you, mom." He smiled and gave her a warm hug, even though his parents were former Aqua and that drove Jimmy slightly crazy, he still loved them. They were his parents after all. "Where's dad?"

"He's out, but what brings you here? We both know you don't visit just for the heck of it Jimmy." He could spot her tone, mocking, but lovingly mocking.

"Well, you see..." And Jimmy explained the whole thing, the stranger with the cool shades, the mention of his mom and dad, and the stuff he was given(specifically the brochure.)

"I'm impressed Jimmy, you've been invited to quite the tournament, anyways... I can arrange a ride for you from an old friend of your dad and I. You'll meet him in Slateport, tell him about us and you should arrive at Lethia by nightfall, if worse comes to worse, maybe tomorrow morning."

"Lethia?" Jimmy titled his head in a confused look. He'd never heard of this region but it appears that his mother knew it like all the others. "How come I've never heard of it?"

His mother smiled at him, "Don't ask questions dear. You know, it's a shame you don't visit more often. Judging us on our past isn't very fair of you, Jimmy."

"Mom, I'm over that Aqua stuff, it's not important anymore. I'll come visit after the tournament but I really should get going. Coop let's go!" Both of them knew that was bull, Jimmy was still upset with the whole Team Aqua business. They had one more embrace and Jimmy left, Coop bolting out the house behind him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy was about as ready as he could've been. Pokemon all in their balls, all healed up and no potions at all. Oh well, he would manage, he usually did. He was able to find some supplies from the Slateport Market that would serve him well. Some water bottles, berries, and whatever else he had already forgotten. "Let's see... where would someone be if they were waiting to take me on a sea trip." He chuckled, pretending not to know where to go. The building easily stood out, being the tallest in Slateport and right next to the sea. Jimmy went inside and instantly spotted a man drowning himself in a bottle of beer comfortably relaxing on a wooden chair. Next to him, Jimmy could spot the upper quarter of a dark blue submarine, hatch open and ready for passengers.

"Hey dude, are you my parents' friend?" Jimmy walked over to him.

The man put down his beer turning his attention towards Jimmy. "Oh so you're the kid! Hah, you do kind of look like your mother, cept for the beard.." He smiled, revealing gross yellow teeth and some gaps where Jimmy presumed other yellow teeth once filled. "Well what're you waiting for kiddo, get in the sub!"

Jimmy was at a loss for words, he quickly stepped onto the sub, balancing himself so he wouldn't end up taking a swim. "Nice, no stairs." Jimmy jumped in and took a look around him. Wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either. A small couch was place at the end of the sub. How the couch got here Jimmy had no idea. In the front there was your standard controls system, the steering wheel and another wooden chair, except this one was attached to the sub and could spin! The man followed behind, landing with a loud thud. Smooth, Jimmy though. The man reached up and grabbed the hatch, slamming it shut and turning some valve to keep it shut.

"Might as well relax kid, couch is over there. This might take awhile and trust me, you'll need the rest." Unlike before, the man carried a serious tone to the last sentence. Apparently this tournament was going to be tough! What a surprise...

Jimmy decided he might as well listen, after all he was taking him to Lethia free of charge with no strings attached. He laid down on the couch, stretching and then closed his eyes in an attempt to get some rest.

Dawn

Years
Name - Location
Oh well that was lovely. It might seem apparent based on his hesitation that Kiba wasn't sure what to do either. Regardless, the two wound up on Arcanine's back, presumably figuring out that 'horse-riding position' was the only remotely safe way of doing this (Lest they go flying off mid-ride) ...She was okay with this, namely because it wasn't a long ride. Though, she found she had somehwat lost her land legs when the two slid off. Julia decidedly stayed with Flare for obvious reasons, occupying herself with examining Kiba's arcanine whilst she waited. She couldn't help but compare Flare to Entei, physically speaking. Though, their fire was a completely different style. You could braid Entei's hair or give him dreadlocks.

When Kiba emerged, Julia just sort of stared for a moment. Her expression was a combination of surprise and being impressed. Was that... a kimono? How did he know to wear something like that? After a moment, she decided he couldn't have known, unless...

"Where did you say you were from again?~"

She was flirting ever so slightly with her tone.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Flirtatious

Spirit gave a small laugh. Love snow huh? Me too. Then again, I was a Froslass.

~

"Where did you say you were from again?~"

She had used a tone Kiba had never heard before, but something about it seemed to show that she was sparking interest for him. "Oh, I'm from the noble town, Lavender, Kanto." He seemed satisfied to come from a 'noble town'. Though his speech wasn't over. "My parents both used to run the Pokemon Tower, so we had plenty of haunting as the ghosts would follow them home. Of course, they never payed any attention to me. I left to start my journey, shortly after they took down the Pokemon Tower and built a Radio Tower."

"There was sort of a terrible incident after they destroyed the tower..." He sort of trailed off for a moment. "Anyways, I left. With Flare. He was only a Growlithe pup at the time. I went all around the various regions, battled in all of the championships. No one took me seriously because I didn't use all six Pokemon like everyone else would, but I still won. I think they underestimated me. Anyways, I just got back from Unova before I came here." He watched the distant tent. It was coming closer, somewhat slowly.

It was as if he could feel the question burning Julia up from the inside. "I didn't come here for this contest, I more so came just to explore the new region, maybe make some friends, find some old friends. I came here with just Flare and Mello, that Meloetta that was asleep on me in the tent. Oh, and an egg that became Spirit, the Misdreavius. She used to be my Froslass, so I guess the name was sort of Ironic." He laughed lightly. "I guess Ki found me while we were in that battle not long ago." For some reason, remembering the battle also reminded him of his wounds, causing a bit of a pained expression.

"On top of that, I never use money. I've earned food by working shortly for it, or simply by being kind to people. You'd be surprised how much that helps. Otherwise I find berries and plants in the wild. I still have a lot of them in my bag." He paused for a moment, as if catching his own error. "I-I'm sorry. I'm rambling."

Years
Serenade Hawthorne

"Finally."

Serenade plopped down where she was standing and shuffled through her bag. She pulled out some berries for everyone, and laid them out for everyone to choose from. All her Pokemon were pretty good about sharing. She wanted to make sure everyone was full and happy before she put them back in their balls and entered Heroes loft.

Rise gave her an pleased look. Serenade was good at reading the expressions on all of her team's faces, especially his. Serenade sighed, and looked at the rest of her Pokemon. They all seemed pretty content the way they were, just getting a chance to relax.

Serenade threw her arms up into the air and fell back on to the grass, sighing. She'd been here only for a few days, and she was already exhausted. Everything had happened so fast. She'd gotten into that battle with that crazy recruiter, and bam, here she was in Lethia. The only trainer she had encountered so far was an easy match; a kid slightly younger than her, that only had a Furret and a Houndoom to protect himself. He seemed like a genuinely good person who deserved a shot at the prize too, so rather than taking all three of his badge pieces, she just took one.

Other than that, she hadn't really encountered people aside from a few vendors. And the vendors seemed pretty rude, so she didn't really count that as human interaction. The mountain vendor though had seemed pretty decent, and he was the one who pointed Serenade in this direction, to the Heroes Loft.

Serenade couldn't wait to get a full nights sleep. Seeing as she was traveling alone, she had to keep Rise or Navi up to keep watch whenever she needed to rest. And it just seemed unfair to her, so for the small amount of nights that she'd been in Lethia, she'd just take short naps most of the time. Besides, everyone needed a chance to rest and prepare for the many more difficulties to come.

Actually, now that she thought about it, she wasn't too sure how she had traveled so far without any companions. Other than that first battle, she hadn't really ran into anyone else, which must have been pure chance. Serenade figured that since a lot of trainers were in the challenge, she'd run into a lot of them.

Rise put his paw on Serenade's stomach, breaking her free from her thoughts. He looked at her with his eyes narrowed, and gestured to the entrance that was about a hundred feet away.

Serenade stuffed the leftovers back into the bag, and returned all of her Pokemon, except Rise. She adjusted herself, and made her way into the Heroes Loft.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Echo smiled at Spirit as the ghost laughed and she nodded her head, "Uh huh! I really do! I am an ice type after all!" She smiled fondly at the memory and ate some more berries. "Well, I've told you some stuff about me. Tell me about you! How was your life as a Froslass? How did you meet Kiba? Do you have certain pranks you like to pull on people?" She asked eagerly as she just looked into her eyes and smiled at her. It had been so long since she had been on a date, but she thought it was going well. No interruptions, no mistakes, no wrong wordings. It was just perfect! And that was what Echo strived for with this. Perfection!

doge

???
Years
Jimmy suddenly woke up. The sub was being thrashed about by something, something big. His body was flung off the couch and he came crashing down hard on the cold metal floor. "What th-" The sub turned and Jimmy was sent rolling until he smashed into the wall. He groaned, rubbed his head and slowly got to his feet only to be thrown back against the same wall as before.

"You're kidding me right, what's going on?!" Slowly and carefully, Jimmy edged his way across the sub, keeping his back against the wall. He hoped that there wouldn't be any right turns.

The helmsman kept his focus steady but for a second he quickly glanced at Jimmy, flashing a smile. "Don't worry about it kiddo, just a herd of Wailords. Be grateful they didn't eat us." He paused and began to laugh rather loudly. "Woo! That was a close one wasn't it."

Jimmy couldn't help but smile. Soon enough that smile turned to laughter. "Definitely. How long until we get to Lethia?" Jimmy had no idea how long he'd been out or what time of day it was and he was itching to get to the tournament. Something about it just intrigued him and for the first time in years he was excited for something. The old man sighed, "Not sure, bu-"

Jimmy rudely interrupted, "Do you even know where Lethia is?"

"Of course. This isn't my first time kid, but it certainly is my last..."

Jimmy raised an eyebrow. "You've been there before?"

"Yep, Aqua business. Long time time ago, something you wouldn't understand." Like that the atmosphere went from normal to tense. This guy definitely knew how to push Jimmy's buttons. Jimmy decided to leave it alone, there was no point in pursing this conversation any longer. He retired to the couch and rubbed his back, which was sore from the thrashing he had received earlier.

Hours passed and Jimmy was slipping in and out of reality, attempting to stay awake. "HEY, we're here kid." The initial "hey" was so loud someone could probably hear it outside the sub. Jimmy yawned and stretched his arms. "Really?" The excitement in his voice was obvious. The man got up from his seat and walked over to the hatch. He spun the valve, opening the hatch and motioned for Jimmy to see for himself. Jimmy sprung up from his seat and jogged over. He plopped himself out of the sub enough to get a good look. He saw the island, he definitely saw it, except that it was at least five hundred yards away. He hopped back in, "You have got to be joking."

"Nope, I'm gonna teach you a lesson. For so rudely interrupting me earlier, you're going to have to swim the rest of the way." The old man smirked and then gave Jimmy a serious look, "and don't even think about flying or I'll blast you and your pokemon right out of the sky."

Jimmy could tell he wasn't bluffing, he was dead serious. "Alright, alright... But at least me let change. I'd prefer not to get this wet." Jimmy gestured to his current outfit.

"Go ahead, just hurry up." The old man walked over to a wall opposite of Jimmy and pressed his head against it. Jimmy nodded, quickly changing only into a new pair of shorts he had bought from the Slateport Market. He stuffed his other clothes into his bag which was conveniently water proof. Well, it was suppose to be, the thing was about four years old, who knew if it still worked or not. Ready to go, Jimmy pulled himself out of the sub and nudged over to it's edge. His feet flirting with the water below, he took a good look at the piece of land in front of him. "So this is Lethia.." Jimmy was surprised to say the least, all he saw was mountains and more mountains. He hoped this was just due to the side they had arrived at and that there was more than just rocky terrain.

Jimmy stood up, he was about to dive but then he hesitated. Jimmy wasn't a superb swimmer but he had done his fair share of swimming before, when he didn't have Annie to fly him around. As he thought of his Altaria, the thought of flying to the island came to him but then he remembered the warning he had received. He wasn't going to risk it. Jimmy took one deep breath and dived in. Once his bare skin came in touch with the cold ocean water it initially shocked him. He focused himself, shook it off and rose towards the surface. He heard the hatch slam shut behind him, there was no turning back now. He looked up towards the sky trying to guess the time of day. He had to hurry before it got too dark but Jimmy knew he would have to pace himself if he even had a chance to getting close. He gave himself a faint smile as if to reassure himself and started to kick.

Dawn

Years
Julia glanced at Flare. He had only come here with two pokemon? Well geez! She suddenly felt privileged, having an entire team consisting of at least one legendary pokemon on her. This only occupied her thoughts for moments though, as she had more interesting things to be focused on. Namely, Kiba had just expressed that he was from Kanto, namely Lavender Town. Lavender Town was famous for it's ghosts among tourists, though she honestly... didn't get that. Freaking tourists

"It's alright. I /thought/ you might be from Kanto! I'm from Maiden's Peak!"

She paused a moment in thought.

"We had some ghosts up there too..."

She shrugged it off, though the way she had said it had been quite vague.

"So... you won a championship...s with one pokemon and you say your misdreavous was a froslass?"

She sounded slightly skeptical, as if to ask him if he was serious. The idea seemed kind of silly to her. Pokemon didn't change races! Hah! And they almost certainly didn't reincarnate! Of course, she honestly had no idea how wrong she was. She wasn't a pokemon expert! That's reserved for confused old men. In addition, how did one win a championship with only one pokemon? As an expert on teamwork this baffled her. A proper team should've walked circles around even the most powerful pokemon sent out alone. Even legendary pokemon could and would be overwhelmed by teamwork. She'd seen that first hand. That either made Flare hilariously powerful or Kiba's opponents incompetent... perhaps a mixture of both.

She had resisted the urge to ask if Kiba was vegetarian. She somehow got the impression he was.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Historic

Spirit pondedred the thought for a moment. Well, I used to love freezing the ground under people as they walked, but I'm not sure if I still have any ice powers or not.

~

"It's alright. I thought you might be from Kanto! I'm from Maiden's Peak!"

Maiden's... Peak? He had heard of it, and knew that it was in Kanto, though it's exact whereabouts were unknown to him. So she was also from Kanto.

"We had some ghosts up there too..."

How... Detailed. With that much information he could write a book about it!

"So... you won a championship...s with one pokemon and you say your misdreavous was a froslass?"

"I fought with whichever Pokemon were with me at the time, but every championship I've gone to has been one on one, usually up to six pokemon limit, though I never used all six." He paused for a moment. How many Pokemon have I used in one championship before...? He snapped himself back into reality. "I think the most I've used in one tournament was... Three different Pokemon. Of course, that was the one we had lost..." He seemed to be speaking his thoughts aloud. "But when we went back we won... All of the others... I think Only one or two per fight." He just sort of shrugged to himself. "I think the fact that I used less of a team made them sure that they would win. That's always somewhat of a major downfall in their defenses."

He realized that once more he was rambling, without even answering her question. "Spirit used to be my Froslass, yes. It's ironic now, but that was her name. I never named any of them, I let them us their own names." Pretty much expecting confusion from Julia, he continued, "Ki can translate for me, so that I didn't give them a name when they already had their own. Uh, let me think..." He seemed to go over things aloud in his head. "Kanto League, Flare was the only one to battle. Johto League, Ki and Flare. Sinnoh League was Mello, Flare and Spirit. Then Hoenn was just Ki. Unova was Flare and Ki... And a few others that weren't worth mentioning. There were smaller Leagues I went to, but they weren't anything like the real ones."

Flare barked, notifying them that they had arrived at the show. Kiba carefully climbed off (nearly toppling over, still having issues walking), before helping Julia down. Flare sort of just padded inside and sat beside Jev, Mello and Aviath. Kiba smiled slightly toward Julia. "We could find a seat, and keep talking...?"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack saw that Kiba and Julia had finally arrived, and they were talking! He chuckled to himself as he turned around and just watched the stage for any movement. He didn't want to interrupt their moment anyway. The rest of their pokemon were here as well and if his wanted to partake in conversation, then so be it. Alpha stayed seated as he glanced over for a bit and idly wondered how Spirit and Echo's date was going. Delta just hung in the air with his typical happy look on his face. Bravo had her arms crossed as she grew irritated that the play hadn't started yet and Foxtrot was all too happy to be here and not playing waiter to the lovebirds. Lilith just sort of lay her head in Jack's lap as she looked at the stage, wondering just what this play would be about.

Echo smiled, "Well, you cold always try and see if you have any left. Just maybe try an ice beam or something over there." She said as she pointed at some grass. She leaned forward in her seat and giggled a bit, "It will be fun to see if you do have any."

Years
-Heroes Loft-

"Now, now, will the audience please sit behind the yellow line; we have no chairs, so you will need to provide your own seats. You may use Pokémon to provide some height, however you will need to prepare them in the back or part way from the back. We will begin the show soon enough. Any league officers need to follow the same rules, biggest in the back while the smallest sits near the front and leave some space for the humans." Jev dragged the bed containing Avaith and Mello. He then took the time to prop them up gently and face them towards the stage when he got them as close as he could. Shadoan sat on the ground, crossing his legs, leaving some space for Jack as Ulla perched himself on his shoulder while Light and Stella sat side by side. Light feeling a little uncomfortable as Stella cuddled up alongside him. Irek perched himself upon Shadoan's head. Irek laughed a little as he sat back and relaxed. Shadoan looked over aside to see Kiba and Julia joining as the lights dimmed and the show begins.

Spring Origin - Star fall
The lights within the room dimmed as specs of light floated above the crowds head. At the center of the stage, a large body of water rises and forms, hovering over as it drips down beneath the audience, the water sand below the ground level of the audience, still visible as it waved beneath to simulate an ocean. A red Exploud stood in front of the audience and he began to speak. "Long ago, before the need of trainers and Pokémon alike, a war was raged across the land. Over food, water, supplies, weapons. From here in was a never ending conflict battle that spread. It isn't long until the sky started to fall. From the starry skies meteorites fell, containing the building blocks to create the first forms of life. Several had fallen across the land; one everyone must know about is the meteorite in Mount Moon where your evolutionary moon stones originate from." A large red and fire blazing bolder was emerging from the darkness overhead as it fell slowly and collided with the water, splashing the audience near the front. Where Jev shook the water off from his face as Avaith chuckled a little, the red burning stone produced steam as it hit the floating body of water, creating an eerie mist. "Another meteorite that fell far sought from Kanto held different properties, for that it was here that this stone began to form as an island, a land, which started taking form. This land is later discovered by its first settlers, seeking refugee and looking to begin life anew."On the stage as the mist settled, a boat began to float in; carrying a several humans as the boat slowly collided with the cooled stone. Each over of them stepped out from their vessel and walked over the rugged boulder. "As they began to explore their new-found home, they soon discovered its dangers; The Leviathans." From the bodies of water, a few Draonairs in different colors wearing large masks appeared, surrounding the settlers upon the large stone. "From here, the settlers fought the Leviathans, with wood, steal, stone. The great beasts did not succumb to each attack as their war continued on." As the dragonairs closed in, bashing their heads and breathing flames of the dragon rage attack amongst their opponents, they began to knock 3 of the settlers over as the rest stood their ground, using spears and shields, stepping forth and fighting back as they attempted to stay on solid ground. "As their battle continued, there was a moment of peace, looking upon the land they stood on, an ambassador or leader from each group approached the one another, seeking a non-violent solution, a way they could continue to live in harmony without bloodshed." The fighting between humans and Pokémon was brought to a standstill as a black Gyrados rose from the side of the stage, wearing a larger mask similar to the ones the dragonairs were wearing as a settler wearing a red scarf approached the black Gyrados. Stone columns even begin to rise. "The beast of legend to this region, Grimor spoke for the rest of the beasts as the first human approached, asking for peace." The black Gyrados roared over the audience as the dragonairs fled from the stage back into the water, only to vanish from the crowd's sight. "Grimor accepted this peace and spread its influence throughout this new region of life, bringing an end to their pointless conflict. Though the fighting was brought to an end, it was not without its price. Folk from around the world had heard of the Leviathans and approached the newfound region in hopes of enslaving them, for profit, for study... and for amusement... Unable to cope with the overwhelming presence, the remaining beasts dive themselves deep into the earth and continue to thrive underneath, the region itself... In order to honor the memory of the leviathans that had left, the origional settelers named this region Lethia." The stone with the settlers atop sunk to the stage as the water dissipated from its floating form and ran across the grass, drying out quickly as the Pokémon, and actors came out and gave a simple bow. "That concludes Spring Origin - Star fall. The next play in this 3 part story is summer's Soul - Earth Rise, The first Earth and Sky tournament."
-Heroes Loft-
Upon arrival, the various vendors were selling their wares as a few trainers were entering the hotel to reserve their rooms. The job vendor called out to Serenade. "Hey! Lass! Looking for work? There are a few people out here in Lethia looking to pay in badge components if you can help them with their troubles! There's a few left if you're interested!"

-Outer Rim of Lethia – Ocean-
As Jimmy swam, he was tossed a preserver. Looking up, was an old man in a sea admiral hat and tattered captains coat was looking down below at Jimmy. "If you're here for Earth and Sky, that wouldn't be my choice of getting to Lethia..." He chuckled as he started walking back a little. "If you're looking to get to the mainland, climb the rope on the preserver… Before the green exile begins his attack… again."​

Dawn

Years
Julia simply glanced at Kiba in a mildly skeptical manner in his response to winning all these tournaments. How could someone so disinterested in battling propose that she believe he could be the world's best trainer? Was... he trying to impress her? She decidedly wasn't sure /what/ to think and simply dropped the subject. It wasn't all that important anyway, ...right? What was ironic about Spirit's name? It honestly kind of flew over her head. He discussed the pokemon he had used throughout his journies and one thing in particular stuck out to her. Had... he just insulted those other pokemon? They... weren't worth mentioning? That honestly didn't seem like something she would've expected Kiba to say, and so she found herself wondering why. Why weren't they worth mentioning?

...And yet she couldn't bring herself to ask.

As the two dismounted Flare and began to enter the area o the upcoming performance she spoke up, seemingly having been in silent thought up until then.

"I've never been in a tournament before now. We... um... didn't last long enough to join a tournament before this happened."

She shrugged it off.

"I got most of my team just before I came here--MacGyver is actually from Maiden's Peak. Gotta wonder if he used to play pranks on the villagers!~"

...The way she said it almost seemed to imply she didn't know what MacGyver did before being caught, which was perhaps slightly strange if one didn't know she hadn't been the one to catch him.

"--Let's squeeze in over there!"

She abruptly pointed outwards, before leading Kiba over to a spot fairly close to the front. To those watching, they may notice she was content to hold his hand, or perhaps to have hers held by him.

"What do you think this is all abou--"

Julia was interrupted by a loud voice. The show was starting. It was... a story. The story quickly became strange to Julia? War between Pokemon and humans? Now that didn't make sense! Psh! Whaaaaat? No way. Disregarding her immediate lack of a suspension of disbelief she found herself somewhat interested. Whom had written this story and how had they come up with it? Was this folklore or fiction? Perhaps she could ask Chester later. He seemed to be quite the informed fellow. After the play had ended Julia was honestly surprised at how brief it had been. Huh! They certainly made a big deal out of this story. This inclined her to believe it was more folklore than fiction. That'd have to be some really dang good fanfiction yo! She still had a hard time considering the plausibility of it, though. I mean... how in the world could humans stand up to Pokemon, let alone ancient humans? She was pretty sure an army of /ratatta/ could demolish humanity if it tried, let alone some of the more terrifying specie out there.

...Her mind drifted to Lumine. She immediately forced her thoughts away. That wasn't the world she lived in, and she refused to believe /her/ pokemon would ever murder helpless innocents. Well, at least, any of them except Entei. She didn't necessarily trust him not to try if threatened enough, namely because well.. he'd tried to destroy /them/ in the process of catching him!

Julia glanced over at Kiba and gave his hand a light squeeze.

"Soooo... what'd you think?"

Back