• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If i play my save in the beta 2, the crash its fixed or shall i want for the new beta ? (date for it?)
My my... could you please read before asking? :)
I've already answered this million times =) Yes you can use your old save file.

Mr.Wes said that there will no new betas that will be release because the next one will be the final/full version of the hack(that is what i know). So its gonna be quite a while for the release to come.
It does not matter if it's called another beta or final version.

huh... the file patch won't work for me... and I downloaded various versions of the Ruby rom to try, but... VBA just has a white screen...

Again this question? :/
Google - Search for Ruby ROM v1.0 - Patch

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
how do you get past the combee and the stunky fighting west from central city?

Years
  • DC
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Hmmm. I've gotten to the point of seeing Arceus in the cave on Alpha Island, and catching Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno. Is that the end of the beta? I can't seem to get any further, so...

Upon inspecting the area in Advance Map, I can see that there's a script involving Arceus/Lugia/the three birds, but I haven't been able to trigger it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
how do you get past the combee and the stunky fighting west from central city?
You forgot to talk with Prof. Oak in Central City's tower.

i did... twice. It still did not work. I did say "various versions of Ruby"
Well then that's weird...
Do you use Wesley's VBA emulator?

Hmmm. I've gotten to the point of seeing Arceus in the cave on Alpha Island, and catching Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno. Is that the end of the beta? I can't seem to get any further, so...

Upon inspecting the area in Advance Map, I can see that there's a script involving Arceus/Lugia/the three birds, but I haven't been able to trigger it.

There's diving spot which was blocked by 3 stones but after you catch 3 legendary birds stones will disappear.

The end of the beta is at the 4th gym in dardusk city(i believe thats the name) so you must have walk through walls or something.
He's talking 'bout old beta.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
After 1 and a half year of trying to patch this thing all day long with only eating two times and drinking once, I finaly patched it. Yay now im going to play it.*opens vba and selects game*........ "BOOM" *looks at how his computer blows up and flies out the window killing three birds then plummeting down 5 stories and killing a bum* Wow failure. Im just kidding. I finally got the game to work and i started playing it. Its totally amazing and it has that awesome first time of playing ruby when it first came out. I love you Wes. *turns around and kisses a poster of Wesley on the wall* Hoping for the best success to you!

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
Yesterday I saved at the second gym before battling the gym leader. Today after defeating it i couldn´t return because the platforms at the water disapeared!!! Can someone help me? :(

Problem solved. I lost with it and i was sent to the poke center xD
I have another question: i found what seems like to be a diferent version of this game. I found beta3. But it has the same name, for what i´ve seen so far, the same gym leaders, but we start with 4th generation pokemon, and professor oaks gives us that pokemon and pokedex right after we leave home. Is that game from wesley or what? i´m confused xD

Last edited:

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
i played the second beta and i have to say it was.................AMAZING the gold and red evnts the tiles the arceus events and most of all the stryline this is the best ruby hack i have ever payed good luck and do not give up

Yingxue

Since October 2003
Years
This game is amazing- absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for the final version- I'm stunned by how amazing this hack is.

My only complaint, however, would be the grammatical errors throughout the game, but that's it.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2010
Can someone answer me this? I've had a Quilava for awhile and it hasn't learned any new moves since like level 10. Its level 28 in LP and has yet to learn a new move.

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2010
I saw on somebody's signature that if this hack was in FireRed's default tilesets, nobody would like it...

I disagree, although a lot of people have just posted saying "wow nice grafixs" or something. The amazing climates and environments that you show in just the screenshots are cool, the english translators are keeping up well and this is a very impressive hack. I can't wait to see more, honestly.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
"english beta 2 translated by...."
Ash493 and Ruka/Sarcastic Prince if you please =)

Patch applied succesfuly, yet I get a white screen once I try and open it?
You patched wrong ROM. It must be Ruby ROM v1.0.

Can someone answer me this? I've had a Quilava for awhile and it hasn't learned any new moves since like level 10. Its level 28 in LP and has yet to learn a new move.
Are you sure about that? Quilava should learn Quick Attack at level 21.

Back