• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC OU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Choose one or the other. You're contradicting yourself. Will or will they not participate?? Also, what sort of attitude am I exuding that is ruining this forum? Me disagreeing with you is ruining this forum? What?

No people just not participating and saying "OMG DIS SUX" without even
trying it.

Its not contradictory, we are TRYING ideas to make people participate and make this place active. =/

Apparently no one likes this

POW CAPTAIN OBVIOUS STRIKES AGAIN!

Really though do you have better ideas or you know....lol ?

thnx regards

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
*munch, munch, munch* I need more popcorn!

Dark Azelf, why do you have such a butthurt? Saying: "hey, we have a new format, it's terrible, but fresh'n'not-smogon, play it, k?" isn't the solution. It won't promote itself. In a Polish forum where I'm a mod of TC/CBC, we have at least one big tournament with serious prizes (RNGed Pokemon and some neat in-game stuff) a month. We have around 20 active players. That's a lot for a small community like ours and still more than in an international giant like PokeCommunity.

In other words: promote the tier with tourneys, not butthurt. Srsly, reading your post, Dark Azelf makes me wanna play less on PC's PO server.

Question: why is CBC so PO oriented? DS is fun!

Years
*munch, munch, munch* I need more popcorn!

Dark Azelf, why do you have such a butthurt? Saying: "hey, we have a new format, it's terrible, but fresh'n'not-smogon, play it, k?" isn't the solution. It won't promote itself. In a Polish forum where I'm a mod of TC/CBC, we have at least one big tournament with serious prizes (RNGed Pokemon and some neat in-game stuff) a month. We have around 20 active players. That's a lot for a small community like ours and still more than in an international giant like PokeCommunity.

In other words: promote the tier with tourneys, not butthurt. Srsly, reading your post, Dark Azelf makes me wanna play less on PC's PO server.

Question: why is CBC so PO oriented? DS is fun!

Smiled a bit reading this post because it touched on a lot of issues I think. Simply put, PO is the 'competitive' means of playing this game. You can get better more quickly than you would if you played on DS since you can battle whenever you want and quickly/dont have to wait for an opp. Once you become accustomed to using PO, it will become second nature and you'll see the pros it has over wifi in terms of what it offers as a means of playing competitive pokemon. Dark Azelf really isnt bad most of the time/is a p decent guy and the server can be cool to talk with everyone and become more integrated into the community, if you joined the server and battled on it more frequently then you'd only be adding to CBC's member count.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
The problem can be in my timezone - When you start playing, my brain is dead and I have to go to sleep to recharge my batteries. I play PO a lot, but on Smogon server, because it has a great number of users so I don't have to play with up to three people over and over or I play on PC's server with my friend (when it's empty) when we want to test our teams, lol.

Yes, PO makes stuff easier, but why not playing Nintendo's official metagame? Making a team takes up to 10 hours including RNG and EVing. If you're too lazy, pokecheck have tons of public battle-ready Pokemon. Using Random matchup, you don't have to wait long for an opponent, because you can find someone really fast.

I guess I have to open this hermetic box and try hosting a VCG tourney.

Years
The problem can be in my timezone - When you start playing, my brain is dead and I have to go to sleep to recharge my batteries. I play PO a lot, but on Smogon server, because it has a great number of users so I don't have to play with up to three people over and over or I play on PC's server with my friend (when it's empty) when we want to test our teams, lol.

Yes, PO makes stuff easier, but why not playing Nintendo's official metagame? Making a team takes up to 10 hours including RNG and EVing. If you're too lazy, pokecheck have tons of public battle-ready Pokemon. Using Random matchup, you don't have to wait long for an opponent, because you can find someone really fast.

I guess I have to open this hermetic box and try hosting a VCG tourney.

I assume some people will be on during your timezone; plus its summer and no one goes to sleep so it's more likely even now. PC's server is just a good place to chat also; you dont have to battle all the time. Not much of us play VGC, I myself find it considerably less exciting than singles; you're better off going to skarmbliss or nugget bridge if you want to find vgc battles, plus it probably takes longer to learn RNG and 10 hours for each team you want to use, plus random matchup battles wont always be competitive.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
We agreed to make our own metagame because we thought it would be a fun project. Who is we? Well, Anti asked multiple "regulars" at the time (Vrai, Nica, Doronjo, Elf, Poke Viper, Dispenser), and everyone claimed that they would love to get involved and support the project. Basically, we had support from the entire community to create it. Once we actually made it, no one actively battled in the metagame bar Elf, Nica (?), woohoo, and I. I made both the Community Night and PC Tour to encourage testing in PC OU. Turns out the only people that joined the PC Tour, or really battled to begin with, was the four people I just listed. PC OU remained stagnant because no one was willing to try it out, and I don't see the point in banning a Pokémon based off of theorymon. We meant to TEST everything and BATTLE in the metagame before banning, but now everyone is against making our own metagame apparently. Next time, you guys could stay true to your word and actually give your opinion on something before doing it? Thanks.

And to people who think the forum is a mess:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279864
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=262889

Those threads are there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back