• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Mono-Ice Team

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My favourite type is Ice- and I've always wanted to make a team that consisted of only Ice Types.
    Some problems with Ice Types are pretty obvious- horrible defensive typing, and Stealth Rock weakness. Not only that, the only Ice types that can learn Rapid Spin are Cryogonal and Delibird. And imo, they're not the best in particular for the team I had in mind. :/

So, on to the team...

Mamoswine
    Adamant / Thick Fat / Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Endeavour
    -Stealth Rock
    Usually the lead, and can easily set up a SR. Endeavour works amazing with the Focus Sash, especially with Ice Shard. Earthquake is a very powerful STAB move, and along with Ice Shard, he's much more useful that just setting up SR.

Abomasnow
    Calm / Snow Warning / Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 172 DEF, 84 Sp DEF
    -Blizzard
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    Ordinary SubSeed set. It works- and Abomasnow is really just here to summon permanent Hail. He's much more bulky that I originally imagined an Abomasnow could be.

Weavile
    Jolly / Pressure / Life Orb
    EVs: 252 ATK, 224 SPE, 32 HP
    -Ice Shard
    -Pursuit
    -Ice Punch
    -Low Kick
    Weavile is amazing- and she can easily take down many common Pokemon I see in OU. Even Kyurem-B, the Pokemon Smogon thought it would be fine to let into OU, usually goes down to a Low Kick.

Rotom-F
    Timid / Levitate / Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Sp ATK, 220 SPE, 36 HP
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Trick
    -Blizzard
    Rotom-F is actually amazing. With access to Volt Switch and Blizzard, he can hit quite hard. With Trick, he can give his Scarf to a defensive Pokemon to cripple it, and he's also my counter to Scizor- who, with's it's Bullet Punch, really poses a threat. (It can survive a LO Bullet Punch from a Scizor, at least.)

Kyurem
    Timid / Pressure / Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 Sp ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
    -Blizzard
    -Draco Meteor
    -Earth Power
    -Focus Blast
    I'm a bit torn on what item to give Kyurem- nonetheless, his movepool is quite amazing.

Cloyster
    Naive / Skill Link / Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 ATK, 4 Sp ATK, 252 SPE
    -Shell Smash
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rock Blast
    -Hydro Pump
    An amazing sweeper. Once he gets up even one Shell Smash, he's almost impossible to take down. Priority, SR and moves that hit more than once pose threats, however. Otherwise, he's amazing.

Any suggestions on what to change?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I like it. It seems to me you really put a lot of thought into making an ice team as good as possible. The one thing I would change is on Cloyster. I would consider changing Hydro Pump to Ice Shard for a priority move. I've used it a couple of times to bring down a couple of flying types that I'm guessing had a quick attack. Hope I helped!

Back