• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Anime Battle(s)?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • What were your favourite battles from the pokemon anime, and how did it appeal to you?

H7hiXgK.jpg

Personally, I like battles like.. Charizard vs. Articuno from the Battle Frontier saga, Mega Sceptile vs. Ash-Greninja from the anime, Paul vs. Ash in the Pokemon anime Sinnoh Leauge match was pretty cool and fun to watch as well, and I kinda enjoyed Paul vs. Cynthia, which was one sided, but I thought had tense moments!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Ash vs Sawyer, especially when it was Pikachu vs Aegislash, there were some very creative techniques used to win and a great use of terrain in the battle.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Ash vs. Gary at all moments, be it the 1v1 of Pikachu vs. Eevee(demonstrating that Let's GO Eevee > Let's GO Pikachu) or the Silver Conference showdown that everyone had been waiting for and was overdue x 9000. Only battle that made virtually no sense was Ash losing to Gary prior to Sinnoh. He'd just beaten Battle Frontier and yet loses to Gary with a Sinnoh Pokemon? Yeah... that's not going to fly folks.

Years
  • Ash vs Gary, the battle of two rivalies in the original was much superior than later series. I feel like they are known to have a childhood rivalries, which is why they are rivals.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly a lot of his battles when he comes up with a random strategy and it works are some of my favorite. Even if some of them are pretty "cheap" haha (countershield!) But like his battle vs Grant is one that comes to mind with this with the move he came up for Froakie to use to beat him.

And of course I have to say his final battle with Paul is one of my favorites like for many others. It's just such an intense battle and it was soo satisfying to see Ash finally win again his regional rival and he's had such a hard time with.

Back