• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RaiRai-kun's XSE Tutorial [Updated Big-Time!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom
as usual i probly over looked something, but it saves as a seperate file, right, so how does it get on the rom? or does it save to .XXX file and add script to rom?

You compile the script into the rom, you save it to make a backup or to work on the script later.
Erm.... how do i do that? cuz pokewitch does some thinfgs, then other times it say something about text offset... then im stuck on getting it into the rom, i found a tutorial but it wasnt that clear, plz help!

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
How would you do a dream in the begning of game and how would you do a wild pokemon battle but the wild pokemon can only have one gender also how can you do the only one gender thing with give pokemon script?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 29, 2009
This is the one tutorial out of all the others that has actually got me to script as the others didn't work when I tried them. Anyway THANKS!!! :)

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
This is the one tutorial out of all the others that has actually got me to script as the others didn't work when I tried them. Anyway THANKS!!! :)
Thank you, I appreciate the comment.

How would you do a dream in the begning of game and how would you do a wild pokemon battle but the wild pokemon can only have one gender also how can you do the only one gender thing with give pokemon script?
Uhm, first of all, you'd change the starting map, and put your scripts in the map for the dream, then you'd warp the player to the original starting map. I guess.

There's a parameter in the command wildbattle. XSE will help you if you have the latest XSE.
Erm.... how do i do that? cuz pokewitch does some thinfgs, then other times it say something about text offset... then im stuck on getting it into the rom, i found a tutorial but it wasnt that clear, plz help!
I'm not even sure what the heck you're talking about. If you mean compiling scripts, just click the gear button.

Thanks. This surely helped me alot.. Thank you for posting!
Thank you. I appreciate the comment.

Can anyone make a script or explain me how to make a script to change the starting point of the game?
like in fire red i dont want to begin the game in my room...i want to begin the game in another place...so can anyone help me?
You use a tool by HackMew call Starting Map Changer.

Now I see where bad scripting knowledge come from...

Code:
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @yesno 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end
That's wrong and won't work. You can't use two ifs like that and there's not even a compare so the two ifs are pointless anyway. Also, some parts of the tutorial aren't updated for the newest XSE yet. So I would suggest the author fixing everything so people will have less problem with scripting. Thanks in advance.
I'll do my best to update everything, HackMew. I know most of the things are wrong.

Announcements

1. DO NOT POST YOUR SCRIPTS HERE!!! THIS IS NOT A SCRIPT HELP THREAD!

2. I am updating this tutorial, so please wait on using this tutorial for your scripting needs until further notice.

3. If you have advice or information on scripting that you want me to know, please just send me a private message, instead of posting here.

Also, please do not post in this thread. You have the script help thread for scripts, and you can PM me anything you want me to add to the tutorial. You have no reason to post here, so please do not!

Last edited:

Rocka210

The Code Never Bothered Me Anyway
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
Thanks for the tutorial but on yesno scripts
When you put
msgbox @yesno 0x5
It should be
msgbox @yesno
boxset 0x5

I posted that in the script help thread, but no-one's helped me... Can you help?
On the space put

Unknown change 0000
to 0300

Var Number change 0000
to 4050

It should work

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks for the tutorial but on yesno scripts
When you put
msgbox @yesno 0x5
It should be
msgbox @yesno
boxset 0x5

msgbox @yesno 0x5 is the updated XSE command now...
The one with boxsets is an old version of XSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back