• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you all decide where to base a region off of?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
Hello. :)

Ok, so, I've been theorising some plot for a ROM Hack of mine, it's supposed to be a post-apocalyptic area, most resources are exhausted, it's run under a democratic organisation, and the key idea of the game is 'suffering' (not for the player, but the plot focus).

But, I have no idea what I should base the region off of. Would I base it off of a country to idealise the fact that it's happening in the real world, or should I create my own sort of world? And is there any sort of factors I would need to consider when creating an entirely new region?

Thankyou all in advance. :)

Edit: I thought of an idea, which was basing a region off of an extremely toxic molecule, specifically [URL="Edit: I thought of an idea, which was basing a region off of an extremely toxic molecule, specifically Palytoxin, especially since I want my region to be a desolate wasteland, a poisonous toxin as a base for an island would make some sense. I ended up then making an island look like the structure of a Palytoxin molecule, and mapped out the Routes/Towns/Gyms in a somewhat sequential order, where I can foresee how a story could be built on it. Overall, I think it's just an ok idea so far, but what do all of you think about the idea?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Moved this over to Launchpad since it's a better place for you to get some feedback on your idea =)

Back