• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinions on this game idea?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Its Like Pokemon Stadium where you would take on a Tower and get to the top:
    Gym 1 to Champion. But this would come with all the Gym Leaders up to date.

It begins with the naming of the character and the selection of your character which can be any of the Heroes Up-to Date (Red, Ethan, Lucas, Brendan, Hilbert or Kyouhei)

The player starts with a level 10 Eevee and $30,000 which can be used to buy any item that exists up to date!

The player can take on their respective regions tower challanging all the Gym Leaders while gaining Gym Badges. With the completion of that tower (Gain all 8 Badges), then the Player can face against the [Region]'s Elite 4 but no Champion. After that tower is defeated then the other 4 towers are unlocked and can do the same thing. Once all 5 towers are conqured, then you can challange the Champion Tower with all 7 champions which are (Red, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Iris and Alder) and once that one is completed then the game is completed and the Player Unlocks:

- Custom Trainer Maker (Choose Sprite, Pokemon, Items)
    - Player Tower (Vs. All the other Players that you didn't pick)
    - Hoenn Frontier Tower
    - Sinnoh Frontier Tower
    - Challenger Tower (Legendarys)

The only thing that I can't get out of this idea is: How to catch Pokemon!? Does anyone have any good ideas? Even something for Legendaries?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2013
    i like that idea, for capturing Pokémon u could either purches Pokémon in a store or do mini game competitions were you swap coins for Pokémon for example you could do a fishing competition were the size/ weight of the Pokémon caught is tailed and the largest caught wins a prize/ Pokémon. (this is possible I have done something similar)
    if you have sertion Pokémon in your party for example if you have a bird/flying type you could enter it in a race and bet on it for cash or to win Pokémon, but before the race you would train it in different obstacles witch would raise its stats (witch u would put into variables) and how well you trained it would decide the outcome. you could also do this with other types as well.
    i like the i dear of doing something different to receive Pokémon rather then the whole wiled battle thing.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like to see ideas others that: 8 GYMs based on types plus evil team that try to take the cover legendary pokémon.

A sprite selection isn't hard (particularly if you didn't use surfing,fishing,bicycle,running and so on sprites), my game has this feature:
    islandfoto52.png

If you know how to make scenes, isn't hard to make a rental pokémon selection screen/system and even make a 2D Stadium 2. It is a little more hard, but is possible to creates the Net/Shoddy Battle party builder.

If you prefer the standard way, try the shadowriver ideas.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • Well Pokemon essentials already has a built-in rental Pokemon system plus other battle frontier features so that's a plus. You just need the scripting knowledge or some one who can script to create the whole stadium effect.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well Pokemon essentials already has a built-in rental Pokemon system plus other battle frontier features so that's a plus. You just need the scripting knowledge or some one who can script to create the whole stadium effect.
    I don't know if Poccil finished the Essentials rental features. Anyway, isn't hard to make one, you only need to add the pokémon in trainer party and, after exits a mode, remove all trainer party (or leave it registered). An intermediate scripter with experience in Essentials scenes can do the rental selection screen. A tip: in rental selection screen don't generate all avaliable pokémon objects once, but only when the player check the pokémon/finishes the selection.

Matsjo

How Does I Pokéballer
    Years
  • Sooo,

A Pokémon game basically without a story, consisting of just a number very extended Elite Four challenges? It could definitely work, but it leaves out so much of the experience I doubt I wouldn't miss it! I mean, no exploring, discovering new in-game Pokémon, wacky side-adventures, half-baked moralizing etc? Strange idea.

But no, nothing really wrong with it, and definitely something for dedicated battlers. It could really use a co-op drop-in mode though, so Leaders can actually put up a proper fight. And definitely a yes on custom avatars.

And couldn't you just leave out Legendaries?

Cheers,
    Matthias

Back