• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Location-spoofing apps will no longer work in Android 7.1

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
  • well, there's still xposed modules and such that do the same thing, I'm not sure if they'd be detected.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This is freaking amazing. The amount of spoofers in my area are so large that it's too hard to take them down. So glad Niantic is taking drastic measures, making the game fair for everyone, and eliminating all the cheaters.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    well, there's still xposed modules and such that do the same thing, I'm not sure if they'd be detected.

It's a step. Anyone who knows how to root may very well be able to disable the check.

At the very least, it keeps the opportunists from cheating.

I have been blocked from Pokémon GO since last September because they blocked rooted phones. I have yet to find a way to get around this regular rootcloak doesn't work and it does detect Xposed modules which I need for my phone to function so I can't remove those.

@Niantic: Now that you've blocked GPS spoofing... Unblock rooted devices please? :'(

Back