• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon hack -Fakemon poll

pokemon hack with fakemon's should have ?

• original pokemon's with some fakemon's

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • only 151 all Fakemon's

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • only original pokemon ( No fakemon's)

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • 151 fakemon's and 234 original pokemon

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 151 fakemon's with some Gen 1 ,2 3, 4 and 5 (mixed)

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • It really depends on the quality of the fakemon. If they're absolute **** I won't like it. But if its obvious that the creator put a lot of thought into the design I think people should at least give them a chance, especially if they have unique movesets and types.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    No, I wouldn't like any kind of fakemons, because
    i) Most of them are rather dull, boring and unoriginal.
    ii) They kinda ruin the whole "Pokemon" idea, why not make a completly new game with no Pokemon contained in it and claim it as yours? (given that you'd implement your own gameplay into it, of course)
    Well of course that'd be difficult, and we don't want to be pros, right? ROM Hacking's a hobby, but I'm still not quite fond of fakemons.

BUT IF they're well made, stunningly amazing and look like real Pokemon, I'd accept them, still not in great numbers like 151 or something.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • My view is this:

If you are good at making Fak'emon sprites, and by the way, I'd like to call them Pok'emon, because they are made by us, who're also Gamefreaks (lol), you should have the amount for one region, with a few of the old ones. Like in Sinnoh, you got yourPiplup, Starly, Bidoof, and your Geodude (Which should have been left out!!!), Sudowoodoo and Aipom(Love this Pok'emon).

Robo-Boy Inc.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'm totally fine with Fakemons, although I have to admit, I don't like some of them, still I appreciate their creativity and originality. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2013
    it is a lot of work. I have try it. But it causes problems because the palettes you insert are often not compressed. So after a few changes you destroy the backsprites because the palette which you have insert is to long.

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I dont like fakemon with bad names that have no research whatsoever supporting them. You should also have ditto in the game because he is irreplaceable.

P.S. fakemon based off real pokemon are bad. dont even try

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Heck it's all up to whoever wants or dis-wants Fakemon. Adding them to a game can bring originality...but it can also really bring down the game's overall appeal in my opinion. If their sprited in a professional manner, then yeah should be good. If not, then don't bother.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    I myself really enjoy fakemon with Pokemon Quartz being my favorite and I feel like they add to the game and give it a different feel to it. You know the one you get when you play a newly released Pokemon game and your discovering all the new Pokemon.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I actually like fakemon(Only if they are well done). I always see fakemon sprites on Deviantart and I say to myself "man I wish those were real" I really wish there was a very well done Fakemon hack with great fakemon. I didn't like the starters in Quartz and most of the pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2011
    use only about 20-25 fakemon
    when a whole hack has nothing but fakemon I can't stand it!

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Well, I guess they're fine...

It's really hard to appreciate them because I have such a short attention span, and it's a bummer having to sift through all the bad Fakemon to find the awesome one (or 151). This is a really important point to me because I personally hate all Fakemon because of my first Fakemon that I saw, that stupid Rubberman thing.

Also, there should be a fix of some of the actual Nintendo sprites. For example, Grovyle (and bros) are pretty cool, but honestly?, I hate the sprite. I mean, what is that, and how in the world is it possible to stand like that?

Things like that being fixed would be awesome, but sadly my art skills are comparable to that of a cow with dyslexia.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    I personally enjoy fakemon in hacks as it gives the player an enormous amount of depth in strategy when you don't already know the pokemon and thus have to test the fakemon out yourself. This works best when a game has fakemon only.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    i would have to say i like fakemon more only because in my opinion it takes true skill to come up with a good and well sprited fakemon. and im used to seeing the old pokemon way to muh i like to see new ones.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    Fakemon

fakemons are good in games mixed with real ones.I love creating fakemons with enough style as real ones

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2012
    Personally I dont like fakemon. If they're sprited really well, then fair enough, but most of the time they're not (no offence to the creator but Topaz is a good example of fakemon sprites gone bad...) Playing pokemon with badly sprited fakemon, for me, just detracts from the experience and reminds me im playing a hack. Moemon would be a good example of good spriting (though granted those arent fake-mon just replaced mon...)

I'd rather play a hack with edited pokemon (for example evolution levels/skill sets etc changed) then play with badly made fakemon :P

Speedster

The Unknown
    Years
  • The truth is, many say they hate Fakemon but in truth they love them as long as they are realistic. If you think about it, before Nintendo releases a new generation, those Pokemon are fakemon. Never seen or used before. So if you were to take some Fakemon and have Nintendo, most people would be all over it rather than playing a game with unofficial ones. Most of us just want the comfort that Nintendo made it but if you can make Fakemon right people will be willing to play. ;)

PokeMasterPLA2

Pokemon Master, Hack lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    I'd have to say the game is best with some fakemon and and then a mix of pokemon from all other regions

Years
  • If a game is going to have fakemon, then it should be pre-evos or evos. Normally when I see fakemon, they are either mixes of two or more pokémon or they just look really bad. Personally, I would prefer origanl pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2021
    Fakemons aren't that bad in a game. The game must not be an all fakemons flop show but if you have a pretty good story line and pretty realistic fakemons, kudos to you :)
    Personally, the only fakemons i've played with are from the RD series and if you can have such a combination of mons and storyline, who cares if you have poké or fakè mons.

Years
  • I would love to play a decent hacked Pokemon game with some decent fakemon.
    Yet, most hacks have awfull looking fakemon, and that makes the whole experience of trying something new fail.
    So I go for mixed. partly fakemon's and most should be original Pokes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back