• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Script a trade in Fire Red?

Years
  • Hey does anyone have a good quick way of how to script someone who wants to trade pokemon, or know of any good tutorials? I'm trying to look at some pre-made ones but all the "copyvar"s doesn't really help...Thanks!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    The built in scripting guide for XSE actually has a pretty nice explanation of how the typical script for an in-game trade works. You can find it under the "Practical Classroom" section.

Years
  • So back to this issue...I'm looking at that offset in my hex editor with the game but it's not looking like much. Like I'm pretty sure it's not following the rules in that Link you posted because the first few values are C7C3C7C3...Am I looking at it wrong?

Years
  • So back to this issue...I'm looking at that offset in my hex editor with the game but it's not looking like much. Like I'm pretty sure it's not following the rules in that Link you posted because the first few values are C7C3C7C3...Am I looking at it wrong?

Yup! That's the hex representation of the first trade Pokémon's nickname: MIMIEN, a Mr. Mime.

Years
  • Ahh...I keep looking and trying to figure this out but I don't know a ton about hex editing and I know that's kind of a problem but I get the general idea of it...so, exactly what offsets and values would I have to alter in order to make my own? Like, I saw that the first one had a 7A in it, which is Mr. Mime's number in hex, but then like how would I be able to change everything else, like its nickname, and then be able to implement that into a script? Because I'm also looking at the actual script in the game and I'm not see where the data is getting pulled from.

Years
  • Dose anyone know how to change the natures? I wanted to put scizor as the seel trade, but it has bold nature and only farfetch'ds trade has adamant and I don't think that would be a good time for Scizor to be obtainable...

Back