• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Excellent UU team

LonelyBarstool

Master Bird-Feeder
Years
  • Upon my entry into the glorious metagame that is UU I decided to test out many different styles of teams, ranging from a standard team to a prankster riolu team (surprisingly really effective if done right). After some time I came to grasp what pokemon and strategies I liked and didn't like. Here's the final result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Travis (F) Ninjask@Leftovers
    Speed Boost
    Evs: HP 248/Def 224/Spe 36
    Impish
    -Protect
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance
    Your standard ninjask baton passer. The point of this gal is to keep her around with protect and substitute long enough for her to work up speed boost then baton pass into one of my two sweepers. Ninjask is not generally my lead except for a few cases because she is fairly easy to set up on and is shut down by a single taunt, but nonetheless she is still the most important pokemon on the team.

Travis (F) Froslass@Focus Sash
    Cursed Body
    Evs: SpD 252/ Spe 252/ Def 4
    Timid
    -Spikes
    -Destiny Bond
    -Taunt
    -Ice Beam
    Arguably one of the best leads in UU. She will always land a hit with the focus sash and outspeeds most common leads. Spikes is a pretty useful entry hazard that breaks focus sashes and helps my team sweep. Taunt can stop many opponents leads such as mew or azelf from doing anything at all, especially since her ghost typing prevents suicide leads from exploding. Destiny Bond, while very predictable, is still a helpful move that can take an opponent down when theres nothing left for froslass to do. Shadow Ball takes care of those magic bouncing xatus and can help combat prankster sableyes.

Travis (?) Porygon 2@Eviolite
    Download
    Evs: HP 252/SpA 252/Def 4
    Modest
    -Tri Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    What better UU wall than eviolite porygon 2? This pokemon spreads status trying to cripple the opponent for an easier sweep and maybe get a few KOs along the way. Tri Attack is a good stab that along with the download boost poses a threat to pretty much every pokemon bar ghosts. Thunderbolt is for coverage. Toxic is to wound the opponents walls/sweepers and recover is for healing purposes.

Travis (?) Claydol@Leftovers
    Levitate
    Evs: HP 252/SpD 252/Def 4
    Calm
    -Rapid Spin
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam
    Because of the fact that ninjask is greatly wounded by stealth rocks, I needed a spinner. Claydols a pretty solid spinner that can spread status and lay entry hazards while shes at it.

Travis (F) Scrafty@Leftovers
    Shed Skin
    Evs: HP 252/ SpD 252/ Spe 4
    Adamant
    -Bulk Up
    -Crunch
    -Drain Punch
    -Zen Headbutt
    Scrafty is the first of my two sweepers. Her ability shed skin lets her not have to worry about toxics and burns along with other status conditions. The goal is to get her in after a baton pass from speed boosted ninjask, then get in a few bulk ups before you go for the sweep. Drain Punch is good STAB that deals super-effective to many pokemon and lets scrafty heal herself. Crunch and zen headbutt are coverage moves. If preformed correctly, this girl can be deadly. Ive swept many teams with just ninjask and scrafty alone.

Travis (F) Xatu@Leftovers
    Magic Bounce
    Evs: Def 252/SpA 252/ SpD 4
    Modest
    -Calm Mind
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic
    -HP Fighting
    Xatu is not generally seen outside of a support role, but because of her ability magic bounce and access to calm mind I've been able to use her as one of the best and most surprising sweepers in UU. The strategy here is the same as with scrafty. Baton Pass in with boosted speed, calm mind a few times then sweep. With shadow ball, psychic, and HP fighting I get coverage over pretty much everything in the game. Magic Bounce stops phazers and hazers from ruining my fun and forces opponents to try and attack instead of inflicting damage through status. Together with scrafty these two form a very good duo that cover eachothers weaknesses and both have the ability to sweep entire teams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, thats my best UU team. Feel free to try it out for yourself and please do give all advice and or constructive criticism. Thank you!

-I apologize for the lack of pictures, I apparently am not allowed to put pictures until I've reached fifteen posts.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Team looks good, but just some move, nature and EV tweaks I'd like to put in.

Froslass would rather have Ice Beam over Shadow Ball because nothing is immune to it. It still hits Xatu supereffectively, as well as Sableye harder than Shadow Ball would.

A bulky offensive Porygon2 would typically have Tri Attack over Thunder Wave as a STAB move. Defensive Porygon2 can get away with just BoltBeam; the preferred EV spread for that kind of Porygon2 is 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef with a Bold nature.

Lack of STAB hurts on Claydol here:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake/Earth Power
    -Ice Beam
    Nature: Sassy/Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Bulk Up Scrafty is better off with a Careful nature, since its Special Defense isn't boosted by Bulk Up. Dark + Fighting have good coverage together, so there's no reason to use Zen Headbutt unless Scrafty runs Dragon Dance:
    -Bulk Up
    -Drain Punch
    -Crunch
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
    Ability: Shed Skin

While Xatu lacks the Speed, defense and offense to pull off Calm Mind successfully, it does have a niche in Magic Bounce. That said, a Timid nature would be preferred to help outspeed things:
    -Calm Mind
    -Stored Power
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Roost
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Ability: Magic Bounce

LonelyBarstool

Master Bird-Feeder
    Years
  • Team looks good, but just some move, nature and EV tweaks I'd like to put in.

Froslass would rather have Ice Beam over Shadow Ball because nothing is immune to it. It still hits Xatu supereffectively, as well as Sableye harder than Shadow Ball would.

A bulky offensive Porygon2 would typically have Tri Attack over Thunder Wave as a STAB move. Defensive Porygon2 can get away with just BoltBeam; the preferred EV spread for that kind of Porygon2 is 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef with a Bold nature.

Lack of STAB hurts on Claydol here:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake/Earth Power
    -Ice Beam
    Nature: Sassy/Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef

Bulk Up Scrafty is better off with a Careful nature, since its Special Defense isn't boosted by Bulk Up. Dark + Fighting have good coverage together, so there's no reason to use Zen Headbutt unless Scrafty runs Dragon Dance:
    -Bulk Up
    -Drain Punch
    -Crunch
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
    Ability: Shed Skin

While Xatu lacks the Speed, defense and offense to pull off Calm Mind successfully, it does have a niche in Magic Bounce. That said, a Timid nature would be preferred to help outspeed things:
    -Calm Mind
    -Stored Power
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Roost
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Thank you for your advice! I was considering the thunder wave on porygon, but I decided against it because of the fact that a 4x speed xatu or scrafty can outspeed pretty much everything besides priority moves. I like the ice beam froslass, didnt really notice that sableye doesnt have a ghost weakness, thank you for pointing that out. However, I think Im going to keep my scrafty moveset the same, because zen headbutt adds a little more type coverage and drain punch has generally been all the recovery I need. Im probably also not going to use timid on xatu just cause i generally dont bring xatu in until after the speed boost from ninjask.

Back