• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combine JE and GE.

droomph

weeb
Years
For the "majority rules" factor, we could possibly try the subforum thing?
As far as activity goes, I still think it would be a boost to a bunch of forums if we finally got rid of the stupid clubs forum. :/ But I know that's a more involved discussion.
About that, what about the more "weird" clubs, like the LGBTS club, which doesn't have a forum to go to?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I know this thread isn't about clubs so I'm sorry if I'm contributing to the further derailment from topic, but I'm not comfortable operating my clubs within Other Chat, which is where most of mine would go as the "catch-all".

The shelf life of a thread in any section other than a clubs forum is generally negligible, because a clubs forum has rules (or at least the potential for rules) and an environment where dying threads are able to be revived if any member of the club cares enough about them. The sign up sheet at which many scoff is actually the glue that keeps these threads together as people get to feel like they're part of something rather than just another person discussing a topic, and that keeps them coming back.

Also, the culture of Other Chat & Discussions is very different. It is far more of a "discussion and debate" kind of area, which is not what a club is supposed to be. The LGBT Club, for instance, I prefer to think of as the "LGBT DCC" in that we just get to chat about current happenings in the homo-sphere and talk about what's happening in that area of our lives. I think the culture would change drastically in OCD and not for the better.

The Atheist Alliance is slightly more compatible with OCD only because a lot of Christians feel the need to come in and keep us atheists in check as though it's a matter of public service. Even still, I only encourage that to the degree that it fuels discussion rather than outright debate, which previous OCD threads on the topic of religion have told us will invariably happen.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Suits me fine! I don't know how the other club owners would feel about that (or if they'd even care) but that works as far as I can see :)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I agree with the idea of JE being merged with Anime and Magna. Though I'm not active there, after a quick skim of all the threads there, it seems as though nearly all of the threads there are based off an anime or magna. So why not make it a sub-forum of that?
And as for the clubs thing, I really don't think that getting rid of them is a good idea. When I first started, they acted as a stepping stone for me. They made me feel like I belonged. I met a lot of friends that way. and they helped me get more acquainted with PC. Like previously mentioned, the Sign-Up sheet and the being accepted is what makes clubs so special, and I don't think that they should be taken away. :/

Back