• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good trapper lead in SS?

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
I am going for 64 bp in the battle tower, and currently have 31 bp. I want a good trapping lead that can be found in Soulsilver, and that wont take a couple of days to get.

The rest pf my team will be as follows:

Gallade w/ muscle band
Hasty nature
Steadfast
1: Psycho cut
2: Shadow sneak(to be replaced by ice punch once I get 64 bp)
3: Night slash
4: Close Combat

The whole reason im going through the battle frontier. I know I could replace shadow sneak with swords dance, I just cant find any heart scales.

Houndoom w/ wise glasses
Docile nature
Early bird
1: Dark pulse
2: flamethrower
3: nasty plot
4: fire blast

My special attacker. I know that his ability sucks, but it would take too long to level up another one.

For the third slot, I want a good physical defensive trapper, dual type, good moveset, AND has to be easy to get in soulsilver.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
sludge bomb on your houndoom instead fire blast. you already have a fire move and i would rather keep better accuracy with flamethrower. you can get sludge bomb from the route 43 gate attendant.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
As far as trappers go, the three best are really Gengar (mean look from Ghastly), Bastiodon (Block) or Snorlax (Block) - any of these three are very good pokemon to use. Gengar's an amazing sweeper but probably can't handle losing a turn from using mean look, so I'd recommend either Bastiodon or Snorlax based on their immense health and defenses. Bastiodon's got more weaknesses but can also be a lot more effective if you use it well.

Back