• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sweeper team help?

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
  • Ok, I need help with my team(obvious lol).

My team:
    Ferrothorn (M) Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Gyro Ball
    - Protect

Seeing how good this is, I added it to my team. Not sure if I need any advice on this, seeing how popular this is XD.

Swampy (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Scald

Also a good one; depending on the enemy team, I will either put this dude, or keep ferro up front.

Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Hidden Power [Rock]

One of my special sweepers. Seeing how his stats screamed "Special Sweeper", i couldnt resist.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Taunt

Should be obvious. This dude is beast in his own way.

Haxzor (Haxorus) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break

Good Dragon sweeper. what can i say, i like his shiny version lol.

I need something for the 6th slot. Special Sweeper, and something with a different type, two if possible.

Well, add any help where you think its needed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How about Rotom-W in your last slot? It could help with Skarmory if Volcarona got taken out earlier in the match:
    -Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)
    -Trick
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • How about Rotom-W in your last slot? It could help with Skarmory if Volcarona got taken out earlier in the match:
    -Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)
    -Trick
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

That's a good one, but I was thinking of getting a nice special sweeper, and, even though rotom-w does complimemt my team, he is a bit weak to me. I was hoping for a tougher poke to fill that slot, though. I'll think about rotom-w, but I still want more suggestions.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Though you already have Volcarona in your team which obviously is a Special Sweeper, but currently weak to Ground and Rock, you need something that takes Ground and Rock like a pro. Have you considered Latios in your team? (But yea, another Dragon and hooray for Ice weakness. >_>)

A Reuniclus? It can utilize Calm Mind and a Life Orb (Yay! No recoil thanks to Magic Guard), a bit bulky with its 110 HP Base Stat, a decent 75 Def, and an average 85 Sp.Def. stats.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb (more pwn power) or Left Overs (survivability)
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psyshock/Psychic
    ~Recover
    ~Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/HP Fire
    <But since you already have Haxorus wielding Brick Break, you may opt to use S.Ball. You may also use HP Fire for the likes of Scizor and company but you already have Volcarona for that. Though Volcarona could use some bulk since it already has Quiver Dance.>

Nature?
    Bold since it's def stat is a bit low and more prone to physical attacks.

EV Spread?
    I've been experimenting lately with Reuniclus and tried several spreads.
    ~252 HP/252 Def / 4 Sp.Def <Bulky>
    ~188 HP/252 SpA/64 Def <Offensive>

Years
    • Age 27
    • N/A
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    I would actually pick for your team, Alakazam over Reuniclus. Still has the Magic Gaurd, and is alot better equipped for sweeping on the draw and not always needing to set up to cause damage like Ranky does.

Alakazam
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Magic Gaurd
    EVs: 255 SpA 255 Spe
    ~Psychic
    ~Energy Ball/Shadowball
    ~Encore
    ~Calm Mind

Now, as platinumdude said, despite Alakazam's usefulness, Rotom-W beats out both of these two psychic types. I'd still agree more primarily with his recommendation.

Years
  • Just figured I'd fix Folly's set and suggest this one.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
    Timid Nature
    Trait: Magic Guard.
    -Psyshock
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Recover

The Calm Mind set is essentially inferior to Reuniclus, and this set allows Alakazam to easily dominate many Pokemon with its now heightened ability to cause damage, great speed tier and immunity to hazards.

Anyhow, I think you should put SR on Ferrothorn and change swampert to a Bulky DD Gyarados, allowing it to add more offense power to the team and allow you to stand a chance against stuff like Volcarona, Scrafty, etc.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    Trait: Intimidate
    -Waterfall
    -Dragon Dance
    -Taunt/Stone Edge
    -Bounce

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Swampert has little to no utility this Gen. I don't really know why people keep using it when really everything smacks it hard and all it can do is like set up SR and try to phaze things while getting pummeled. I'd go for either Quagsire or Gastrodon. Gastrodon also strengthens your defenses against rain while a Specially Defensive Quagsire can outstall Volcarona iirc. A Specs Gastrodon sounds like an interesting option to try, at the very least.

428.png

Gastrodon @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
    - Surf
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover

Recover is used simply because it has perfect neutral coverage in those three moves and if you predict right you can get a little healing in.

Back