• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] Battle BGs Editing RAW differently.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
  • The tilemap has nothing to do with the transition. Also that battlebackground was made by Harry for the community hack, it's not for public use without his consent :/

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • It's fine if you're not using it. I'm just letting you know.

As I said before, the tilemap has nothing to do with the transition phase of the BG. Generate your tilemap as normal, the importance is in the image.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Oh, ohk, well then,
    Lemme change my question,
    How do I edit the image for the result in the gif?
    Some info about layering transitions are given in the Tut called
    'How to change battle backgrounds'

I feel like you answered your own question. But you can copy the same format present in the community hack's battle backgrounds.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Absolutely not. Even the gif you posted, the bottom part is also moving the opposite direction as the top half. Seems like the BG was designed around this fact and the bottom half doesn't have a platform.

If you're looking to have the entire thing scroll in a certain direction, it will take more work than editing an image.

Back