• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Elite Quest

What sounds like the most Interesting feature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hmm Crunch why not getting a rom base or something to make it look nicer or are you doing it purely FrLg tiles?
I was thinking of getting a rombase, but DrFuji suggested to stick with FR tiles...
for the alpha, atleast...

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Ok :P you can choose what to do wether it is Fr tiles or a rom base i don't really mind hey do you need any scripting done for your hack? or is somebody scripting for ya
I'm actually doing all the work myself(Including scripting).
I did say that I was working on this solo on the first post...

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Personally, I don't like the way in which you have constructed the Gym in Hinder City. A nice large Gym which has sides of the same length does it for me :P. Does the mountain in the top-left have to be that one extra tile wider? If it doesn't, do you think you can replace the skinny tree with the sign and lengthen out the Gym a bit?

The text in your third screenshot can be cleaned up a bit. Move the 'in' down one line so the red triangle can be seen clearly.

chrunch said:
Now the alpha is much longer, but will also be longer waiting for the alpha...

:D

To me, it seems that your hack is one of the precious few made by first-time hackers in the Scrapbox to be going somewhere. How about tidying and updating the First Post? :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Personally, I don't like the way in which you have constructed the Gym in Hinder City. A nice large Gym which has sides of the same length does it for me :P. Does the mountain in the top-left have to be that one extra tile wider? If it doesn't, do you think you can replace the skinny tree with the sign and lengthen out the Gym a bit?

The text in your third screenshot can be cleaned up a bit. Move the 'in' down one line so the red triangle can be seen clearly.
7f15143165.png

You mean like this?
And I've already moved the "in" down.;)
To me, it seems that your hack is one of the precious few made by first-time hackers in the Scrapbox to be going somewhere.
Thanks!:D

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Contest!

I hope this hack won't stop...

And the "Trade Center", I also have an idea to make this for my hack (coming soon 2010)...
Thanks.
This hack will not die!
Looking forward to your hack...
Contest
I have a contest to name the region of this hack, post your entry!
The winner will get major credits and...
A trainer ingame!(I know, It's a bad prize, I can't think of anything better though...
Post what you think is a better prize!)

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
Well I suggest expanding the feature section... when I read it, it seemed to me like it's very common... I mean all hacks have that... you should add there something what makes your hack special ;)

Yup, my thoughts. But his scripting ability seems to be pretty great, and the snippets of mapping we've seen appear to be decent, so I think there's a good chance.

Oh, and a little note to all the people who feel the need to repeat "oh ya a mod is gunna close this" despite it already being said more than once: Shut the hell up. The guy clearly knows what he's doing, and I doubt this thread will be closed due to it's progress and screenshots. The lack of a good story shouldn't mean too much.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Looks pretty good so far. The plot is fairly simple, but that's a plus, really. These hacks with ridiculously elaborate systems never seem to get completed... The trade center sounds interesting, if you mean trades with NPCs, but I think you might want to cut back slightly on the number of starters. Nine is just... a lot. :P Also, I like the standard tiles, they're much easier to work with than most ROM bases.

Hmm, an idea for the region name...
Here're two for you to consider:
-Esrevinu (Universe backwards :P)
-Vires (Pronounced "vee-rays," means authority or something in Latin)

EDIT: Ooh, or what about the "Dominus" region? Just randomly spouting ideas here...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
this looks so cool. i think its going to be a great sucess
Thanks.
Yup, my thoughts. But his scripting ability seems to be pretty great, and the snippets of mapping we've seen appear to be decent, so I think there's a good chance.

Oh, and a little note to all the people who feel the need to repeat "oh ya a mod is gunna close this" despite it already being said more than once: Shut the hell up. The guy clearly knows what he's doing, and I doubt this thread will be closed due to it's progress and screenshots. The lack of a good story shouldn't mean too much.
Thanks again. I'm horrrible at stories...
Looks pretty good so far. The plot is fairly simple, but that's a plus, really. These hacks with ridiculously elaborate systems never seem to get completed... The trade center sounds interesting, if you mean trades with NPCs, but I think you might want to cut back slightly on the number of starters. Nine is just... a lot. :P Also, I like the standard tiles, they're much easier to work with than most ROM bases.

Hmm, an idea for the region name...
Here're two for you to consider:
-Esrevinu (Universe backwards :P)
-Vires (Pronounced "vee-rays," means authority or something in Latin)

EDIT: Ooh, or what about the "Dominus" region? Just randomly spouting ideas here...
Yeah, trades with NPCs, I like the "Dominus" region...

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The Falow Region... Nothing fancy or with a deeper meaning, its just a five-lettered word with 'o' somewhere in it D:

Both prizes are good :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The Falow Region... Nothing fancy or with a deeper meaning, its just a five-lettered word with 'o' somewhere in it D:

Both prizes are good :D
I like the "Falow" region.:)
I don't need anything anything fancy.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, a few more. I literally just went to a Latin website and started randomly picking cool-sounding words.
-Quantus Region (Quantus means 'how great,' or something...)
-Accendo Region (Accendo is to kindle/illuminate/inflame)
-Brevitas Region (Brevitas means shortness or brevity)
-Balneum Region (I just had to include that because Balneum is part of the expression for 'bathhouse')
-Calco Region (A simple one, this actually means to trample...)
-Omnis Region (Omnis means everything)
-Civitas Region (Civitas means a civilization or state)
-ChuckNorris Region (That's Latin for God...jk)
And that's about it. Good luck with this!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Okay, a few more. I literally just went to a Latin website and started randomly picking cool-sounding words.
-Quantus Region (Quantus means 'how great,' or something...)
-Accendo Region (Accendo is to kindle/illuminate/inflame)
-Brevitas Region (Brevitas means shortness or brevity)
-Balneum Region (I just had to include that because Balneum is part of the expression for 'bathhouse')
-Calco Region (A simple one, this actually means to trample...)
-Omnis Region (Omnis means everything)
-Civitas Region (Civitas means a civilization or state)
-ChuckNorris Region (That's Latin for God...jk)
And that's about it. Good luck with this!
Thanks.:P
I like most of them, like the Omnis and Quantus regions.:D

Update!
I've just decided to add some sinnoh pokemon!:)
ee0c824db6.png

The first Sinnoh Pokemon...It's Turtwig!

Last edited:

<>*Ralts*<>

I can't Raltz anymore...
Years
Chrunch, may I be a beta tester?

I WANNA PLAY THIS REALLY BAD!!!

PS.What about Bliz region? =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Chrunch, may I be a beta tester?

I WANNA PLAY THIS REALLY BAD!!!

PS.What about Bliz region? =)
Sorry, I'm working solo on this...:(
Thanks, Glad you like it, The alpha is coming out soon...You'll play it soon...:)
Bliz region? Interesting...

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hey, cool! Sinnoh Pokes! And they work! Last time I tried to insert Sinnoh Pokes in a game, they blew up :P.
Erm, if you're inserting a few Sinnohs, I vote Weavile, but of course it's up to you.
And how's the trade center coming? I'd have to say that right now that's probably the feature I'm most interested in. I'd be interested to know how you script that... actually, a few questions on that point. I'll spoiler it, just so I don't bore people or clutter up your thread.
Spoiler:

Anyway, really, this looks great. I'm looking forward to the alpha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back