• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Exchanging for Services and Items

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Throughout pokemon, we have stumbled upon certain items that are not quite as valuable to the public eye, however, they are valuable for certain people. So, these people ask for these items, and so we trade these items for another item, or some sort of service. Some several key items fall under this category (such as Generation I and Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen's Bike Voucher), their exchange is often important to the story of the games.

One of these exchangeable items include Heart Scales, where these items are usually traded to Relearn and Move Deleters. There are also the Tiny and Big Mushrooms, where you can exchange them to let your pokemon re-learn a move or two. There are a lot more exchangeable items, such as Shards for Move Tutor Moves, Johto-exclusive Apricorns for Pokeballs, and even Underground treasures for Underground goodies for your own personal base.

Now, what do you think -- how will the "exchanging for service and items" system play out in X&Y? What services for items should return? Should there be more items to be given for services or other items? Could it be absolutely necessary to move along in the game, like trying to get a bicycle? Could there be more services for goods? What sort of services that are given by goods should there be? (For example, I've heard someone hope for an ability tutor!) Could there be even more items for exchange, for even better service, or for better items? Should there be an instance where there is a play of "give and take"? For example, if you've played The Legend of Zelda: the Ocarina of Time, there was a sidequest on where you can get a giant sword called the Biggoron Sword, where you first have to get a certain item, and then trade that item to another, and then another, and that process repeats until you get that sword. So, could there be a chance of trading goods to people until you get very rare items, or very helpful services, or any other goodies like Eggs or rare gift pokemon? Do you any other thoughts or hopes? Feel free to give your thoughts!

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I think it would be interesting to see the Shards move tutor return, but I think it would also be to have an "egg Move" tutor that will give your Pokemon Egg Moves (e.g. Hippowdon get Slack Off).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • It would be nice to see some things return such as the shards for the Move Tutor. But I'm also thinking that there should be a new item in which is used for upgrading your Pokémon's moves or even making new accessories, that is if accessories for the player make it into the game.

Maybe wool or silk might appear in Pokémon X and Y to be used at a tailor to make accessories? That would be interesting.

Back