• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald's Secrets

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I know there are a few things about Emerald that are different.
The Pokémon had a better "movement intro" start of battle.
Also there seems to be a glitch in Emerald to duplicate Pokémon and Items sometimes at the same time legitimately without a cheating device.
But there must be other secrets right? Secrets could be something we know but don't realize.

Years
im not sure u can consider this a secret to emerald but if u trade rayquaza to ruby/sapphire u can acces the sky pillar (or i think thats how it works)

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I have done the Cloning Glitch in Pokemon Emerald using the Battle Tower. Also, Rayquaza IS available before you defeat the Elite Four (In the Sky Pillar, which is located right outside Pacifidlog City). There is also the Pomeg Glitch (which I have not tried, very difficult) which allows you to fight with Eggs and other wierd stuff.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
im not sure u can consider this a secret to emerald but if u trade rayquaza to ruby/sapphire u can acces the sky pillar (or i think thats how it works)

Are you sure about this? I managed to access Sky Pillar in Ruby, but didn't have to trade Rayquaza from my Emerald version or anything like that. xD"

Years
hmm well i never really checked that before i even traded it so it could indeed be that its not necesary
Edit: silly me

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Yeah, Sky Pillar was made before FR/LG/Em were thought of lol
It was available way before this. Also, many seem to believe you can grab a different form of deoxys in Emerald. Untrue. It's only Speed form, unless generated in a wild battle (cheats or not)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
The Battle tower clone glitch is what I do but you speak of a pomeg glitch? How does one do that o.O

And just a quick q, does masuda method work in emerald?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Not many people know this, but there's a cave near Slateport city that I believe appears after beating the Elite Four, and also and less hidden the Safari Zone gets cool stuff after beating the Elite Four. By cool stuff I mean new mons, such as Wooper, Aipom, Sunflora, Miltank, Shuckle, Stanler, and more.

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
Years
That impossible-to-beat Battle Frontier. I've only gotten 2 symbols: Battle Pike and Battle Palace. I don't see anyone conquering the Battle Factory or the Battle Hax Tower.

What about that secret door in Sootopolis City? I know it's not real. I opened it up in Advance Map. But why do you think Nintendo decided to put that in the game?

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years

In Ruby/Sapphire you can access Sky Pillar as soon as you beat the elite four and there is nothing else to it.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
How would you be able to get a different country Pokemon in a game that uses a link cable?

The same way you would be able to get a different country Pokémon in a game that uses Wireless communication.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not a secret per se, but something I'm not sure many people realized. If you press start in a double battle, your Pokemons' HP will display in numbers.

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
Years
Not many people know this, but there's a cave near Slateport city that I believe appears after beating the Elite Four, and also and less hidden the Safari Zone gets cool stuff after beating the Elite Four. By cool stuff I mean new mons, such as Wooper, Aipom, Sunflora, Miltank, Shuckle, Stanler, and more.

Yep! On the TopLeft shore of Route 103, that's the game's Altering Cave, which only hosts an infinite flock of Zubat. - shudders - There's nothing inside the cave no matter how hard you look for it, and its actually pretty dull compared to the Trick Master's House next door. However, when a Mystery Gift is used at a Wonder Spot hosted by Nintendo, the Pokemon change based on the event, ranging from Mareep, to Houndour, to Stantler!
Unfortunately, the cave was never utilized by any country or event, for reasons unknown... Strangely enough, all the Event Pokemon that would normally occur based on the Wonder Spot and item used can be caught in the expanded Safari Zone and Artisan Cave in the Battle Frontier.

Altering Cave translates to 'Changing Cave' in Japanese, but it is one of the game's aspects that is the most mysterious, yet ironically never actually has changed.

Back