• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Flare - Final Version Released! (1.02 as of 1/23/19)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 10, 2020
Hi PokemonAce123,

I've recently beaten the Elite 4 and was told that there was additional post-game content by talking to MC's father. He told me to go Saffron City but I tried to talk with everyone and nothing happens? Mind telling me what to do next?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Played the game a little, like the concept of going through the region backwards. A lot of the added features so far really shake things up well. But tbh, I think I made things wayyyy to easy on myself. Long story short, wound up with both a Groudon and Kyogre 0_0 like, that's just too good for me to enjoy playing the game lmao. Love the idea of getting any starter, or pseudo legendary from the lottery, but imho legendaries should not be apart of it. Minor nitpick tho, I think this hack is still worth playing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2019
Just ran into a (I think) game breaking bug. I just beat Giovanni's articuno at sea foam and got teleported to lavender town after. I immediately healed up, and then proceeded west to start clearing out the trainers on the way to saffron city. After clearing all the trainers, I went into the guarded east gate to saffron city and the guard (as usual) said he was thirsty and that the road was blocked. But then it forced me forward (to the left) instead of back where I came from (to the right) and now I am cut off from getting back to lavender town as the guard always forces me back left. Giovanni is gone and so I can't get back in. Using escape ropes and even teaching a Pokémon DIG couldn't get me back in :/ . If there's something I'm missing please let me know because snorlax is still below lavender town and I can't figure out how to get in.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2019
Oh and I forgot to mention that when I go through the guard gate (left) (since it won't let me go right) it sends me back to celadon city and skips saffron entirely.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2019
I have a question, which evolutions have you changed so that they are not impossible, because my scyther is holding a metal coat and is level 50 but no Scizor, and also when it was level 37, my slowpoke(starter mom)never wanted to evolve into slowbro, and only after Level 40 did it want to evolve into slowking- I'm in Silph Co rn and my team is roughly in the 50s, with hitmonchan as an exception

Years
Just ran into a (I think) game breaking bug. I just beat Giovanni's articuno at sea foam and got teleported to lavender town after. I immediately healed up, and then proceeded west to start clearing out the trainers on the way to saffron city. After clearing all the trainers, I went into the guarded east gate to saffron city and the guard (as usual) said he was thirsty and that the road was blocked. But then it forced me forward (to the left) instead of back where I came from (to the right) and now I am cut off from getting back to lavender town as the guard always forces me back left. Giovanni is gone and so I can't get back in. Using escape ropes and even teaching a Pokémon DIG couldn't get me back in :/ . If there's something I'm missing please let me know because snorlax is still below lavender town and I can't figure out how to get in.

Get the Tea from the old lady in the Celadon Mansion

Years
I have a question, which evolutions have you changed so that they are not impossible, because my scyther is holding a metal coat and is level 50 but no Scizor, and also when it was level 37, my slowpoke(starter mom)never wanted to evolve into slowbro, and only after Level 40 did it want to evolve into slowking- I'm in Silph Co rn and my team is roughly in the 50s, with hitmonchan as an exception

All trade evolutions have been changed!

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Dunno if it a glitch or i forgot something.
I'm currently in Cerulean Cave (After escaping from Tanoby Ruins) and after beating the last Rocket Elite, he tells me about confronting Giovanni and Mewtwo, but there's a problem... when i go to face mewtwo there's no Giovanni. Only Mewtwo waiting to be caught. So I catch it and escape the cave but now Cerulean is blocked.

What do i do now?

Years
Dunno if it a glitch or i forgot something.
I'm currently in Cerulean Cave (After escaping from Tanoby Ruins) and after beating the last Rocket Elite, he tells me about confronting Giovanni and Mewtwo, but there's a problem... when i go to face mewtwo there's no Giovanni. Only Mewtwo waiting to be caught. So I catch it and escape the cave but now Cerulean is blocked.

What do i do now?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2023
Love the hack so far. Better than a lot I've played. I only just reached Celadon City. Did you add a fairy tm?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 7, 2020
Got hardlocked in the worst possible way. Saved right in the middle of the E4 hall after the door opened. Went through the door, lost to the champ, beat the E4 again and this time the door simply didn't appear. Reloaded and the door is still gone, which normally shouldn't even be possible. No way to exit the hall. There go 3 full days of playing time.

Years
Hi PokemonAce123! I know it's very late, but I just found out and played your ROM hack recently.
The idea was really simple but very entertaining to me, I really enjoy it 😀

Anyway, as my appreciation to your works on this romhack. I made a fanmade cover art of your romhack using some artwork from Pokemon TCG I found on Google. Hope you like it! 😅

Attachments

• Fanmade_Box Art_Flare.jpg
    Fanmade_Box Art_Flare.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 19
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Dec 24, 2021
Is there any way that I can get slowking, because I don't want a slowbro but I want a Slowking. So does slowking evolve the same way in other games or is it different in this?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
Hey, is the HM for Fly in the game? If so, where is it? It would make travelling through Backwards Kanto much less confusing.

TechnoMikl

Mikl
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 19, 2020
Do you know if there is any way that I can download and patch this on a chromebook, or is it just for PC?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how

Last edited:
Back