• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Kris!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
155px-Crystal_Kris.png

Pokemon Crystal marked the first time in the franchise in which players had the option of choosing to play as a male character or a female character. This choice has been in every game since.

What did you think of Kris? Did you like her? Did you ever play as her?

I love her design, and was really disappointed she got replaced in HGSS. I played as her a few times. I think she's my favorite female character we can play as in the games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Crystal was my first video game so Kris means a lot to me! Every time I started a new game I always picked to play as her because I always pick the female protagonist in games where it's available.

I really like her design. It's simple, cute, and functional. I was kinda bummed that she got... "replaced" in HGSS, but there are similarities in design between Kris and Lyra so I just view Lyra as the canon NPC counterpart to Kris (since Kris never appears as an NPC).

Years
I remember my excitement in the 7th grade talking to my friends about the new Pokemon game about to be released in the US where you could play as a girl. We just couldn't wait for Crystal's release! I obviously played with her.

I think Kris was a fine start and I can't imagine games without this option now. I really like her romantic, humorous character in Chronicles and her bouncing, inflatable, flying jigglypuff. We even share an interest in Lance. Even though she is technically Marina and not Kris.

I happen to love Lyra's design with that darling hat, so I thought she was a good character to pick up and carry on the torch, but I would still be willing to play with Kris today. The ladies who have more stuff going on like bushy ponytails sticking out from under their baseball caps or scarves flying in your face as they ride a bike can get a little distracting for me, sorry. I like that Kris just kept it simple.

Guest123_x1

When I first saw her during the lead-up to Crystal's release, I thought she was pretty cute, in light of the fact that they were adding a female player character as an option. Even though I'm male, I did most, if not all, of my playings of Crystal as the female character, just to take advantage of the new feature.

I thought it was too bad that Kris got replaced with Lyra for the remakes in Generation IV, and didn't think that Lyra was as cute as her predecessor.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I like her since not only she's the first female character, but Crystal was/is my favorite main game! So yeah I played a lot while in Kris, so she kinda represents how I see myself in Pokemon? idk

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I started off with HG/SS, so all my Nostalgia goes to Lyra and not Kris, but I have nothing against her I suppose. Being the first female character *is* pretty impressive.

Back