• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Future Destiny

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Pokémon: Future Destiny

Pokémon: Future Destiny

Storyline
    Many trainers set out on their journey with the goal of being able to defeat the Elite Four in mind, some fail, some succeed. But where does these potential trainers go once they have finally managed to reach their goal? No other place than the far away region, VINDICO (Which is Champion used as a verb in latin).

Why would you go there? Not only because all of the worlds most powerful trainers gather there, but also because Pokémon from all across the world is said to be in the regions natural enviroments and habitats.

This is where you quest starts. You're a young boy who has since birth, been living in this region. It is your birthday and you are finally going to get your very own Pokémon. You have watched and experienced all kinds of different Pokémon battles and now, it is finally your turn to show your true potential and become one of the greatest Pokemon trainers that the world have ever witnessed. It is your destiny to become the one and only, Pokémon champion.

..But, that is not the end. As you progress through your journey, you will encounter an evil organization trying to start a war between Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. You and other familiar faces will have to meet the hinders ahead and try to stop them from their evil act.

Will you ever be able to stop them? Who are these familiar faces? And will you ever be able to become the Pokémon champion?

Features
    • The ability to challenge The Elite Ten, a group made out of the ten strongest Pokémon trainers in the world. (teaser image)
    • Familiar faces from the Pokémon Adventures manga.
    • Ability to travel to specific areas in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.
    • A completely new region with much stronger trainers compared to any other region.
    • ..And many more features to come!

Screenshots
    71015170.png
    91351472.png
    12990530.png

36380683.png
    18474946.png
    43358870.png

Progress
    • ORIGO TOWN - 0%
    • ROUTE 1 - 0%
    • UNAMED CITY - 0%
    • ROUTE 2 - 0%
    • UNAMED CAVE - 0%
    Please note that I am working on the restarted version of the hack.

Team
    AlexAhnon - Owner
    onelifeleft - Mapper

Want to help?
    We are currently looking for three things:
    • Someone who can make custom overworld and trainer sprites.
    • Someone who can insert music. Being able to create MIDI files is an added bonus as it would help a lot with the music expectations of the hack.
    • Someone who can make a nice looking CSS for this thread.
    If you happen to be able to do any of the above and want to help, send me a PM.

Want to support us? Use these!

PHP:
    [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7071053][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Laoai.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Add the code to your signature to support us!

Credits
    • Tool creators - For creating the tools that we're using
    • onelifeleft - Support and ideas

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Re:

You should note that the creation of MIDI files is not simply a matter of converting it from another format like Waveform or MP3; MIDIs are created by sequencing music notes into the files, as that's what they're composed of – not data read by codecs like normal audio formats.

In other words, you're generally taking a snowball's chance in hell to find someone who has the skill to not only scratch-sequence MIDI audio files, but also has the skill needed to fiddle with that buggy Sappy or encode it by hand.

Nevertheless, I hope you do find the cohorts you're looking for, as this hack looks promising ;]

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    You should note that the creation of MIDI files is not simply a matter of converting it from another format like Waveform or MP3; MIDIs are created by sequencing music notes into the files, as that's what they're composed of – not data read by codecs like normal audio formats.

In other words, you're generally taking a snowball's chance in hell to find someone who has the skill to not only scratch-sequence MIDI audio files, but also has the skill needed to fiddle with that buggy Sappy or encode it by hand.

Nevertheless, I hope you do find the cohorts you're looking for, as this hack looks promising ;]
    Thanks. And, I think I'm going to edit it to say that being able to create MIDI files is an added bonus and would help a lot with the hack. I already do have a few MIDI files ready for insertion, I just need somebody to do it for me. :)

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
    Years
  • nice hack, sounds interesting hope it goes well and goodluck ill be watching this^^

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Wow nice storyline :)
    I cant help with the stuff u want but i can insert tiles an 4th an 5th generation sprites.
    Good luck with ur hack
    Thank you! And I'm currently not worried about inserting tiles, but if I ever need what you have to offer, I'll PM you.

nice hack, sounds interesting hope it goes well and goodluck ill be watching this^^
    Thanks!

Currently finished transferring all the maps over to the new ROM. About to compile all of the scripts. Gonna take a while before I can make progress again.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
  • I've reacently developed a love for sappy's results and can insert musc.
    I can't create midi files, but have a lot of them on my computer so I can probably get you some good songs.
    Only one problem.
    I don't know how to loop.
    So, you may wish to not use me.

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    The maps look quite beautiful and the scripts seem promising. Kudos to you, AlexAnhon.
    ~Lock-Down
    Thanks a lot! :D

Wow! :) Awesome storyline ^^
    Thank you. :)

I've reacently developed a love for sappy's results and can insert musc.
    I can't create midi files, but have a lot of them on my computer so I can probably get you some good songs.
    Only one problem.
    I don't know how to loop.
    So, you may wish to not use me.
    If you could learn how to loop songs, you would be a great addition to our team. But I'll PM you if I ever need someone to solely insert music. And say, do you mind sharing those songs? I would love to check them out. Thanks!

Just thought I'd post route 2. Any feedback gladly accepted.
    Way to spoil Route 2. :(

PROGRESS:
    Transferring everything to the new ROM is almost complete, just trying to fix a few bugs that I encountered.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    I relies it is not on the list but by any chance would you guys want a WebSite Developed for your rom? (And Future Roms) I could handle that Im currently working on one for a YT Channel with 2000 subs and 1 with near 1000 subs and am ready to take on a third project.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Now this is what a hack should be like.

I'm keeping an eye out for this one. (Especially the Elite Ten.)

onelifeleft

McLovin Waffles
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    I relies it is not on the list but by any chance would you guys want a WebSite Developed for your rom? (And Future Roms) I could handle that Im currently working on one for a YT Channel with 2000 subs and 1 with near 1000 subs and am ready to take on a third project.

I'm quite a decent web developer myself, and Alex isn't bad either, so I think we can handle it. Appreciate the offer though.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I take back what I said. This hack is one of the more outstanding pieces of work in this forum, and I think you two have some hacking skills I've still yet to learn. The mapping is outstanding, even without new tiles; I'd love to see some scripting work and hopefully a public alpha. As I've said, it's simply and absolutely wonderful – please continue this hack. :)

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Now this is what a hack should be like.

I'm keeping an eye out for this one. (Especially the Elite Ten.)
    Thanks a lot! :D

I take back what I said. This hack is one of the more outstanding pieces of work in this forum, and I think you two have some hacking skills I've still yet to learn. The mapping is outstanding, even without new tiles; I'd love to see some scripting work and hopefully a public alpha. As I've said, it's simply and absolutely wonderful – please continue this hack. :)
    Wow, thanks for all the compliments! Really appreciate it!

Since there seems to be such a vast amount of support for this hack, I've decided to make an userbar for those who wish to put it in their signature! :D

PHP:
    [URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7071053][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Laoai.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Since I haven't been able to work much on the hack, I've decided to spoil a key part of the story. The evil organization has already left to each of the regions to execute their plan. You and the other PokéDex holders gather together to create a plan in order to stop them.

RED: Me, Blue, Green and Yellow will travel to Kanto.
    GOLD: I'll take with me Silver and Crystal to Johto.
    RUBY: Seems like me, Sapphire and Emerald is going back to Hoenn.
    BLUE: [PLAYER], we will try to stop them with everything we got. Come help us whenever you have the chance.
    CRYSTAL: Hey! Don't forget about us!
    EMERALD: I think we better get going, all.

Spoils who everyone is, but it was already obvious because of the teaser image.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    hi this is a group account lord-vile im Joe me and a friend were planning on making our own hack but are having issues with sprites however we have skill at making maps and warp points we mayh be willing to help

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    hi this is a group account lord-vile im Joe me and a friend were planning on making our own hack but are having issues with sprites however we have skill at making maps and warp points we mayh be willing to help
    Sorry, don't need that much help with mapping. Thanks for the offer, though.

Decided to just completely redo the hack, seeing as I'm not that satisfied with how the maps and scripts looked, and would rather just start from a clean slate.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
  • From the hacks I've seen, the storyline has some nice unique differences. It looks rather good imo. I'll be keeping my eye on this one ;)

Also, if you want any MIDIs from D/P or HG/SS there is a ROM Hacking Resources thread, which contains all MIDI files from the games.

Back