• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Does anyone know how to evolve Fletchinder in this game?
    The thing is that I've trained it up to level 48 and it's still not evolving.

EDIT 2: Nevermind about Fletchinder, but I think Alolan Raichu is bugged because when I tried battling Lt. Surge I couldn't do anything.
    This is what it says when I try to attack:
    ---------------------------
    Pokémon Old Amber
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `effects' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0xbb6e760>

PokeBattle_Battler:693:in `pbSpeed'

PokeBattle_Battle:995:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:2736:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2564:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2563:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:2563:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2549:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle:2572:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Pokémon Old Amber\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

-And also this:
    Pokémon Old Amber

PokeBattle_Battle:995:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:2915:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2568:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2567:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:2567:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2549:in `loop'

-And then when I try to switch out:
    Pokémon Old Amber

PokeBattle_AI:2932:in `pbRoughStat'

PokeBattle_AI:108:in `pbGetMoveScore'

PokeBattle_AI:3889:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:3887:in `each'

PokeBattle_AI:3887:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:4323:in `pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Scene:2786:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Battle:2618:in `pbCommandPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2613:in `each'

Which version are you using? I believe I fixed that bug a while back. It turned out to be a typo. If it's still breaking for some players, I would definitely like to know.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    you need to sharp you mapping skill and spriting.

also try atleast change red, or make all npc gen 4 if you will use it. as they say "consistency is the key"...

By the looks of it, it's look like it only took few weeks to be completed... i know you could do better.

Graphics are my big weakness. If you would like to help polish it some, I would ensure you get credit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Which version are you using? I believe I fixed that bug a while back. It turned out to be a typo. If it's still breaking for some players, I would definitely like to know.

Well unless I'm mistaken I'm playing the newest version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    This is a reoccuring error, that I keep getting. Whenever I use Mareanie to attack wild pokemon.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Well unless I'm mistaken I'm playing the newest version.

I will test it again. However, I looked into the Fletchinder issue, and I fixed a bug there. It should be able to evolve the next time it levels up in the newest version of the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    This is a reoccuring error, that I keep getting. Whenever I use Mareanie to attack wild pokemon.

Spoiler:

Are you using a particular move? If so, I can see if the move is bugged.

Also, can you please let me know which ability your Mareanie has?

And does this only happen when battling wild pokemon or does it happen in trainer battles too?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    hi, im having some pretty big issues uh....I cant seem to open the game? at all? Ive tried running as administrator but that doesnt work either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hi i was wondering are u making a new game or will u keep updating this.

I actually do plan to make a new game soon, but I will be fixing any bugs with this game as they come up.

The new game is about being a gym leader (and eventually Elite Four member).

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    hi, im having some pretty big issues uh....I cant seem to open the game? at all? Ive tried running as administrator but that doesnt work either.

That's very odd, but unfortunately, that sounds like a computer-specific issue that's hard to diagnose. Since you knew to run as administrator, I'm assuming you've also tried deleting and re-downloading it already, as well as rebooting your PC. You could maybe try making sure that your antivirus or firewall program isn't preventing it from running.

Although this is VERY unlikely to be the case, it is worth mentioning that a Java program was used to package this game into an exe, so making sure you have a Java runtime environment installed on your PC wouldn't hurt. But again, that's very unlikely to have any effect.

Existing malware on your PC could also be a cause, but that's just total speculation on my part. Sometimes issues with running exe files can be fixed by making some changes in the Registry Editor, but I would only ever consider that as an absolute last resort.

I wish I could be of more help with this, but unfortunately, the root cause could be just about anything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Is there like a discord or something of the sort so I could ask questions about the game and not have to make a new post every time?

Years
  • two things i wanna ask 1)does electabuzz evolve and if yes how cause the item exists and 2)how do i evolve alolan vulpix cause when i select the ice stone it only has the give and toss options not the use

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Are you using a particular move? If so, I can see if the move is bugged.

Also, can you please let me know which ability your Mareanie has?

And does this only happen when battling wild pokemon or does it happen in trainer battles too?

My Mareanie have Merciless as an ability.
    I believe it happens in wild pokemon only(don't remember, been a while now lol)
    Poison Sting triggered it, not sure about other poison move.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    two things i wanna ask 1)does electabuzz evolve and if yes how cause the item exists and 2)how do i evolve alolan vulpix cause when i select the ice stone it only has the give and toss options not the use

1. Yes, Electabuzz can evolve. You can obtain the Electirizer from either the Goldenrod Game Corner or the Celadon Department Store. You then have to give the Electirizer to the Electabuzz, and then talk to the first scientist in the Pewter City Lab.

2. I checked out the Ice Stone issue and I see what you're talking about. I just fixed it for version 0.28. Just download the new version and you should be good to go.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2019
    Hey, so I was wondering if i could translate this game to Lithuanian? (my native language)

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    Hey so i got a kirlia and i need a shiny stone and a dawn stone where can i get those 2 stones and are there megas?
    And another queston Is or Could you add shiny pokemon

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hey so i got a kirlia and i need a shiny stone and a dawn stone where can i get those 2 stones and are there megas?
    And another queston Is or Could you add shiny pokemon

You can get all evolution items from either the Goldenrod Game Corner or the Celadon Department Store.

There are no mega evolutions or shiny pokemon. I may add shiny pokemon later but it's simply not a priority now since they are so uncommon anyway and have no effect on gameplay.

Mega evolutions are a different matter. The subject can be kind of controversial. I think they cheapen the gameplay and are balance-breaking. One of my reasons for making this game was to make all 807 pokemon available AND VIABLE. Having plenty of choices leads to people experimenting with a wide variety of team compositions. Mega evolutions narrow that diversity a lot by focusing on just a few fan favorites.

However, I also realize that plenty of players don't share my view. For that reason, I am strongly considering adding them in as post-game content, like what USUM did.

Back