• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    New Feature

As of the latest update (0.39), you no longer have to select the Pickaxe from your inventory in order to break rocks. Simply approach a breakable rock and press Enter.

By the way, the pickaxe can be found on Route 3.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Just started playing this game, and am really enjoying it so far, excellent work! Found a relatively minor glitch, though, so thought I'd pass it on. In the Slowpoke Well after you beat each Team Rocket member, they will automatically talk to you each time you pass by. It doesn't impede your progress, since you can finish the conversation by hitting "C" each time, but I imagine it wasn't meant to happen. Thanks so much for all the work you've put into this game so far!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Just started playing this game, and am really enjoying it so far, excellent work! Found a relatively minor glitch, though, so thought I'd pass it on. In the Slowpoke Well after you beat each Team Rocket member, they will automatically talk to you each time you pass by. It doesn't impede your progress, since you can finish the conversation by hitting "C" each time, but I imagine it wasn't meant to happen. Thanks so much for all the work you've put into this game so far!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying it. And yeah, you're right about the Slowpoke Well thing. That's not supposed to happen. I took a look and it was just a small oversight on my part. I will have it fixed in the next update.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Another glitch that came up while I was playing. I taught my female Nidoran, which I had prevented from evolving, Venoshock from a TM. This made it immediately evolve, and I couldn't cancel.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Another glitch that came up while I was playing. I taught my female Nidoran, which I had prevented from evolving, Venoshock from a TM. This made it immediately evolve, and I couldn't cancel.

Thanks for that info. I tested it out, and it looks like it's not just Nidoran but any pokemon that evolves via level up and has reached the level at which it would normally evolve. This definitely isn't supposed to happen. I suspect it MIGHT have something to do with some earlier changes I made to Eevee's evolution methods. I will look into this and make this bug top priority.

EDIT: Found the root cause. Will have it patched in next update (0.40)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Version 0.40 Update

User Calvin Coolidge discovered a rather bad bug in the game involving pokemon learning TMs after reaching the level at which they would normally evolve. This has been fixed as of this latest version.

Also, in order to make the Rock type a bit more competitive, I added a small buff to the move Stone Edge. Accuracy is normally 80%, but it goes up to 100% if used during a Sandstorm. So take advantage of pokemon with the Sand Stream ability like Tyranitar.

Also, I nerfed Dhelmise's Steelworker ability so that it only provides a 25% boost rather than a 50% boost, because having full STAB advantage for a THIRD type is just ridiculous (come on, Game Freak). I set my custom ability Draconic Ancestry to match.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Version 0.41 Update

Fixed bug on exit of Cerulean Cave.

Added the Escape Drill item to lower floor of Cerulean Cave. This is like an Escape Rope, except you can use it unlimited times.

As a reminder:

1. You get access to Cerulean Cave when you become Champion (as well as the special Celadon City trainers)

2. You get access to Mt. Silver itself after defeating all 18 gym leaders in rematches after becoming Champion, although you have access to the Mt. Silver Safari Zone before then.

3. You get access to the hiding places of the Legendary and Mythical pokémon after defeating the final boss in Mt. Silver. Check the Endorsements pocket of your bag to find clues from each gym leader as to the location of these pokémon. Keep in mind that Legendary and Mythical pokémon are registered in the Myths & Legends Pokédex, which you get access to as soon as you register your first pokémon there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Version 0.42 Update

You can now remap the keyboard controls! Also, I've added default shortcut keys T and G for Abra Pager and Bicycle respectively. Obviously, you have to acquire these items before you can use them.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    How do i evolve Feebas into Milotic? I gave it the shampoo and ran it through the underground, but its not evolving.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    How do i evolve Feebas into Milotic? I gave it the shampoo and ran it through the underground, but its not evolving.

If its beauty level is high enough, it should evolve next time it levels up. This method definitely works.

Alternatively, there is another way to evolve it. If you let it hold a Prism Scale (available from either Goldenrod Game Corner or Celadon Department Store) and take it to the lab in Pewter City, you can evolve it that way too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    I'm in the process of creating an Easy mode and a Hard mode. This will affect the amount of money earned from trainer battles as well as which pokemon are in the teams of opponent trainers. Wild pokemon will be unaffected. As an example, here is Falkner's team on all three modes.

Easy:
    Level 8 Pidgey
    Level 8 Pidove

Normal:
    Level 7 Delibird
    Level 8 Noibat
    Level 9 Farfetch'd

Hard:
    Level 13 Farfetch'd
    Level 13 Emolga
    Level 14 Rufflet
    Level 14 Vullaby

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hmm I don't really know how much beauty each action does, but when i leveled up my Feebas to lv 12 after 3 secret shampoos and running through the underground 3 times, it did not evolve. I think i might just go to the lab when i progress enough.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hmm I don't really know how much beauty each action does, but when i leveled up my Feebas to lv 12 after 3 secret shampoos and running through the underground 3 times, it did not evolve. I think i might just go to the lab when i progress enough.

There's a character in the underground tunnel who will assess the beauty rating if you talk to her.

However, I can tell you that the secret shampoo raises the beauty stat by 20 points, and you need 170 in order to evolve it. So if you happen to have $43,200, you could just buy 9 of them and then evolve your Feebas quickly that way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hey so I'm trying to evolve pikachu but the thunderstone is only showing a give or toss function. Is this a bug?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hey so I'm trying to evolve pikachu but the thunderstone is only showing a give or toss function. Is this a bug?

Yes! Thank you for catching that and letting me know. I checked the rest of the stones and it looks like the Thunder Stone is the only one it applied to. I fixed it and am uploaded version 0.44 of the game now with the bug fixed. It should still use your existing saved game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Difficulty modes update

The difficulty modes are coming along nicely so far. I should be releasing an update soon with those modes available. For the best immersion, I recommend Normal. Easy is still OK. Hard mode will break the immersion at some parts of the game, such as the final boss using a team of legendary pokemon or a rival who seems to be omniscient when it comes to your team.

Here are the changes being made.

Easy Mode:

Trainers have different teams at lower levels.
    Gym leaders have 2 pokémon on their teams instead of 3.
    Money earned is increased by 30%.
    No change to EXP.

Hard Mode:

Trainers have different teams at higher levels.
    Gym leaders have 4 pokémon on their teams instead of 3.
    Money earned is decreased by 20%.
    The EXP earned from battles is increased by 25%.

Here's an example.

In Normal Mode:

You battle Youngster Joey on Route 30.
    He has a level 4 Rattata.
    You win and receive 20 EXP and $80.

In Easy Mode:

He has a level 3 Rattata.
    You win and receive 16 EXP and $104.

In Hard Mode:

He has a level 5 Yungoos.
    You win and receive 31 EXP and $64 (estimated).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2019
    Can't post an image since I don't have enough posts, the error starts with:

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntumeError occured.
    Script error within event 6 (coords 10,9), map 235 (Goldenrod Dept. 3F)
    Exception: Syntax Error

Think I am on 0.43 (last entry in changes.txt)

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2019
    I am unable to use Moon Stone (the use option doesn't show up in the menu). Gligar also does not show up in the Pewter City Lab evolution options. This is on 0.45.

Last edited:
    Back