• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about Pokémon Blue

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    I have a Pokémon Blue game (cartridge only) and I want to put in for sale. But then I saw a few differences on it, in comparison to other Pokémon Blue cartridges:

1. Instead of in the bottom right corner, the red 'Nintendo' logo is in the bottom left corner

2. It has the Original 'Nintendo Seal of Quality' in the bottom right corner

Then, after some research, I saw that these details are usual for PAL versions of Pokémon Blue.

So here's my question:
    What's the meaning of these two details? Are they an indication that this Pokémon Blue is a PAL game?

Attachments

• 20190812_214725.jpg
      20190812_214725.jpg
      538.3 KB · Views: 9
    • 20190812_214444.jpg
      20190812_214444.jpg
      894.1 KB · Views: 4
    • 20190812_213919.jpg
      20190812_213919.jpg
      564.9 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:
    Years
  • btw you're linking the image incorrectly -- when you're linking directly from imgur, you want to select the option that links directly to the image using .png or something similar. as it stands the top half of your post reads like a blank spot.

i'll take the image tags out so people can be less confused when they wander into this thread. ^_^

edit: also, did you mean to paste three of the same image?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • it's hard to tell from just the back. can you post pictures of the front of the cartridge as well?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    btw you're linking the image incorrectly -- when you're linking directly from imgur, you want to select the option that links directly to the image using .png or something similar. as it stands the top half of your post reads like a blank spot.

i'll take the image tags out so people can be less confused when they wander into this thread. ^_^

edit: also, did you mean to paste three of the same image?

Hello,

No didn't mean to post three of the same pictures 😅 But something went a little wrong.

Btw I've placed the right pictures now

it's hard to tell from just the back. can you post pictures of the front of the cartridge as well?

Sorry something went wrong while uploading. I've placed the right pictures now 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • oh yeah, it looks like that's a PAL version. the number on the side ends with EUR as opposed to my north american red and blue, both ending in USA. i have a french silver to compare as well and the nintendo seal and nintendo logo match with the placement of your blue version as well, and the number ends with FRA for france. all signs pointing to PAL for your copy, it seems.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    oh yeah, it looks like that's a PAL version. the number on the side ends with EUR as opposed to my north american red and blue, both ending in USA. i have a french silver to compare as well and the nintendo seal and nintendo logo match with the placement of your blue version as well, and the number ends with FRA for france. all signs pointing to PAL for your copy, it seems.

OK thank you 🙂 So here's my second question: What is the average selling price of my Pokémon Blue, calculated in euros? (The cartridge itself has some damage but the game itself still works perfectly).
    I 've been searching in the sold listings on Ebay.nl, but I only found one result. So is there a catalogue/database/price guide about this kind of video games?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • OK thank you 🙂 So here's my second question: What is the average selling price of my Pokémon Blue, calculated in euros? (The cartridge itself has some damage but the game itself still works perfectly).
    I 've been searching in the sold listings on Ebay.nl, but I only found one result. So is there a catalogue/database/price guide about this kind of video games?

if it were me trying to sell it, i'd check to see what it's going for in USD (if that's your native currency, if not just replace USD with your currency) and use a converter to figure out how much that is in euros. but then again, i feel like sites like ebay will do the calculating for you? depending on where you're selling from and where your buyer is, of course.

anyway, loose pokemon blue cartridges seem to go from $7-15, the higher you go being better condition bc buyers will usually prefer that, especially since if they just want to play the game, they could easily get it on the 3DS eshop. if your cartridge and sticker aren't in great condition, i'd price it at the lower end.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    if it were me trying to sell it, i'd check to see what it's going for in USD (if that's your native currency, if not just replace USD with your currency) and use a converter to figure out how much that is in euros. but then again, i feel like sites like ebay will do the calculating for you? depending on where you're selling from and where your buyer is, of course.

anyway, loose pokemon blue cartridges seem to go from $7-15, the higher you go being better condition bc buyers will usually prefer that, especially since if they just want to play the game, they could easily get it on the 3DS eshop. if your cartridge and sticker aren't in great condition, i'd price it at the lower end.

OK thanks. But before I put it in for sale, I want to ask one more question: Can you tell if my PAL version Pokémon Blue a PAL UK version?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • OK thanks. But before I put it in for sale, I want to ask one more question: Can you tell if my PAL version Pokémon Blue a PAL UK version?

i cannot verify for certain. doing some google searches on other PAL UK formats, it looks like that's what you have, but i would proceed with selling after doing some more research. i checked about four different listings and all of them match up with the side numbers and labeling, so it's probably PAL UK, but if you want to play on the safe side, i recommend reading up a little more before putting it up for sale.

Back