• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
  • most of the 386 are available, depending on which main quest route you take. I'm working on a special feature now that will let you keep your PC boxes between playthroughs, so you can eventually catch all 386.
    You can check your IV's as soon as you get to the training center in Lilycove city, and I don't even know what evs routes are, so probably not. The LTC makes EV training quite easy, though.

Last edited:

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Yes, all of the evolutions of Gen 3 will be added eventually. I add them in batches of 2, based on periodic polls.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2019
    the game freezes three times. the first time when i exit the map in my room. then i restarted the game and it freezes after i exited the pc in my room. i restarted again and it freezes when beldum arrives at level 7 (i don't know if it is a problem but i went in the sout part of little root city). i don't manage to play the game

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    Does the Torchic line get the speed boost ability? and is there a pokemon location guide?

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • The frequent freezes are caused by an incomaptible emulator. Read the Compatibility notes in the main post or in the Welcome channel in my discord.

I have the complete list of wild encounters available in the faq channel of my discord. Blaziken is going to have speed boost soon, when I release the next major content update. There is no ETA at this time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2020
    This looks great hope it gets completed soon good luck

It is good but you can't really use the speed up button on a emulator because it makes it crash when you have the speed on and the screen goes to black like when you are entering a building or a battle it has a chance to crash

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • It is good but you can't really use the speed up button on a emulator because it makes it crash when you have the speed on and the screen goes to black like when you are entering a building or a battle it has a chance to crash

Like the other guy with a similar issue, the black screen freezes are caused by you using an incompatible emulator. I only officially support mGBA and authentic hardware. (as well as virtual console).
    Read the compatibility notes in this post or in the How To Play channel on my discord.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2020
    What are the levels of the leaders? or as a percentage increase?

please answer is for my nuzlocke

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2020
    What are the levels of the leaders? or as a percentage increase

please answer is for my nuzlocke

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • I'm having problems at sky pillar after kyogre and groudon have been transported to Sootopolis

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • sounds like you're on an older version of the game, update and try new game plus to see if the issue persists.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2019
    How can I get the dusk stone for Honchkrow?, I'm halfway through the game and I still haven't seen it.

PD:(You should upload a list that informs where can you get the rare and important items).

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • How can I get the dusk stone for Honchkrow?, I'm halfway through the game and I still haven't seen it.

PD:(You should upload a list that informs where can you get the rare and important items).

If you actually visited my Discord, as instructed, there's a FaQ there that has all of this information as well as evolutions and other info. Honchkrow comes from levelling up a Murkrow to 35. Please use the discord if you want support, I don't check the forum often.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I can't overstate how much I dislike Dawn being in this. It's not deal breaking, especially with how much other stuff there is in this, and I'll likely still go through her route just to see what it is... I'm just really disappointed that it's not May, who is one of my favorite characters. I'm definitely looking forward to going through this though!

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • I can't overstate how much I dislike Dawn being in this. It's not deal breaking, especially with how much other stuff there is in this, and I'll likely still go through her route just to see what it is... I'm just really disappointed that it's not May, who is one of my favorite characters. I'm definitely looking forward to going through this though!

It's funny you say that, I put dawn in for exactly the opposite reason. I hate May, she's my least favorite characters, and was one of the first things to be taken out xD
    Dawn is my favorite pokegirl. Funny how that is.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    That is kind of funny. Dawn is just kind of boring, in my opinion. At the very least, there could be a reason why she's in Hoenn (as in, instead of being Birch's daughter, he could be her assistant or something similar,) that way, May could still make a minor appearance in her home, or as a trainer somewhere!

Also, I hate RetroArch. It's the least user friendly (and most frustrating) emulator I've ever used. Unless this hack works with My Boy! I probably can't keep playing. Sorry man :/

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • That is kind of funny. Dawn is just kind of boring, in my opinion. At the very least, there could be a reason why she's in Hoenn (as in, instead of being Birch's daughter, he could be her assistant or something similar,) that way, May could still make a minor appearance in her home, or as a trainer somewhere!

Also, I hate RetroArch. It's the least user friendly (and most frustrating) emulator I've ever used. Unless this hack works with My Boy! I probably can't keep playing. Sorry man :/

Some users report some success with My Boy! paid, but im not paying for something I never use, so it's only player verified, and not officially supported.
    As for Dawn, I had to replace may with her in the game files, because adding overworlds is extremely difficult, and I haven't been able to do so succesfully. I still don't like May that much, but she may have made minor appearances if I didn't have to replace her. The thing is, rival/player overworlds are special, and have special files attached, some of them I've been unable to successfully modify, such as dawn's fishing and watering sprites. That being said, this isn't a 'premium' hack and you don't have to do anything special to play it beyond use a supported emulator and patch your own clean legal rom. The compatibility issues arise from several factors, chief of which is the modifications I made to the audio engine. I'm using an amalgamation of Kurausukun's base audio engine upgrade plus some major tweaks to the buffer and sample rate. I have yet to play any GBA game with music and sound effects as clear and as clean as mine. However, this tweak uses extra RAM for audio and many emulators cannot handle it because they aren't coded to be accurate to the real hardware. My game works fine on my GBA Sp with a flashcart, as well as virtual console on 3ds and mGBA on Switch/PC/Mac/Linux. mGBA is an emulator with near perfect emulation. Most emulators on android are simply lazily coded and 'guess' at incoming opcodes set by the games. It's not my fault that developers can't or won't accurately emulate GBA. So, while I understand your frustration, I also am unwilling to remove the audio changes just to support low end emulators. Hopefully you find something that works for you, but if you get freezes or crashes on battle transitions and level load transitions, then, unfortunately, the emulator you're using is incompatible. You can always give it a try though.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I use mGBA on PC, so I'll probably try that if My Boy! doesn't work too well. And I getcha with May. You could just use her sprite in another spot, doing some research or something.

Also, Pokémon Clover has audio quality that is just as good as your hack's. I was genuinely amazed when I first heard both your's and Clover's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back