• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] New move and ability ideas

HeroesFightingFear

"The Champion of Alon"
Years
  • I had a few move and ability ideas, but don't know how to script them. Any help is appreciated.

Moves
    1-A. Slipstream - "Sets up the Slipstream weather."
    1-B. Slipstream (Weather) - "A weather condition that acts as a makeshift Tailwind for Dragon-types."

2-A. Element Saber - "The user strikes with a sword of energy. This move changes type depending on the weather or terrain."
    2-B.
    Element Saber types (mandatory)
    Sun - Fire
    Rain - Water
    Hail - Ice
    Sandstorm - Ground
    Strong Winds - Flying
    Electric Terrain - Electric
    Misty Terrain - Fairy
    Psychic Terrain - Psychic
    Grassy Terrain - Grass

Element Saber types (optional)
    Slipstream - Dragon
    Graveyard Terrain - Ghost

3-A. Graveyard Terrain - "The user creates a makeshift graveyard for five turns."
    3-B. Graveyard Terrain (effect) - "A makeshift graveyard that heals all grounded Ghost-types, but damages any other grounded Pokemon."

Ability (it is only one, but it's worth it)
    A. Elemental Armament - "The user's moves change type depending on the weather or terrain."
    B.
    Elemental Armament types (mandatory)
    Sun - Fire
    Rain - Water
    Hail - Ice
    Sandstorm - Ground
    Strong Winds - Flying
    Misty Terrain - Fairy
    Grassy Terrain - Grass

Elemental Armament types (optional)
    Slipstream - Dragon

Years
  • Hey there. All of this is extremely easy to code, you just need to edit existing code (Like Tailwind for Slipstream, Nature Power+Weather Ball for Saber move, Hail+Grassy Terrain for Ghost Terrain, and the -ate abilities for Armament)
    You also asked for code for Electric Armor and some other Electric Item which were just the effects of a damage-reducing Berry. You have also asked for multiple codes for moves earlier which are kinda simple to code. My point is not to bash you for inability to script, it's OK. I've been using Essentials for almost a year now but my "coding" is still basically just copying existing code and mashing it together in the editor, hoping it works. But I do have some advice for you. I'll present it to you in 3-step form.

Step 1:
    Spoiler:

Step 2:
    Spoiler:

Step 3:
    Spoiler:

Step 4 (Optional):
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I had a few move and ability ideas, but don't know how to script them. Any help is appreciated.

Moves
    1-A. Slipstream - "Sets up the Slipstream weather."
    1-B. Slipstream (Weather) - "A weather condition that acts as a makeshift Tailwind for Dragon-types."

2-A. Element Saber - "The user strikes with a sword of energy. This move changes type depending on the weather or terrain."
    2-B.
    Element Saber types (mandatory)
    Sun - Fire
    Rain - Water
    Hail - Ice
    Sandstorm - Ground
    Strong Winds - Flying
    Misty Terrain - Fairy
    Grassy Terrain - Grass

Element Saber types (optional)
    Slipstream - Dragon

3-A. Graveyard Terrain - "The user creates a makeshift graveyard for five turns."
    3-B. Graveyard Terrain (effect) - "A makeshift graveyard that heals all grounded Ghost-types, but damages any other grounded Pokemon."

Ability (it is only one, but it's worth it)
    A. Elemental Armament - "The user's moves change type depending on the weather or terrain."
    B.
    Elemental Armament types (mandatory)
    Sun - Fire
    Rain - Water
    Hail - Ice
    Sandstorm - Ground
    Strong Winds - Flying
    Misty Terrain - Fairy
    Grassy Terrain - Grass

Elemental Armament types (optional)
    Slipstream - Dragon

Just one thing to consider about these type changes is that terrain can be active at the same time as weather. Make sure you decide which overrides the other or if you want the moves to become dual-typed. I would suggest looking at the code for Flying Press if you wanted to use dual-typed moves.

Back