• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Share your tips for beating Legendaries in Dynamax Adventures!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • What... the title says, basically. May see if we can adapt this into a Daily guide article, so everyone knows the best rental Pokemon to aim for.

Alternatively DM me (bobandbill) on the PC discord.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Zygarde
    KrookziorToday at 9:17 AM
    Zygarde power constructs to complete like standard at the right health (same rules as the actual ability pretty sure) he restores HP due to complete having higher max, so be prepared for basically an auto self heal
    Ice moves, and even better ice types w/ ice moves are good for damage, however most don't live long.
    Levitate is very good, made even better if Cryogonal shows up (haven't seen him but it's possible I'm sure) as he gets Levitate, AND is an ice type.
    So far Zygarde's moves are a dragon type move, I think it's pulse most likely, but seen wyrmwind used most the time he actually uses something that isn't thousand arrows or land's wrath. Unsure of his 4th move.
    That's all I got so far
    Oh and the primary reason (although it could probably just be inferred) that levitate is so good is that it's basically a 50% chance he doesn't hurt you

KrookziorToday at 9:31 AM
    I also just realized, Cryogonal is a special wall, so the dragon move that is most likely special won't do as much either. The more I look the more I hope he's a rental

Years
  • I used Sudowoodo with blunder policy against Reshiram and won pretty easily. The team had Lycanrock, Bellasome, and Jellicent.
    Used stone edge and if it missed got the blunder policy boost and could use 150 base power stomping tantrum.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024

Okay dug up my login, Hi I came up with these on the Discord. I have some new info to hopefully help people run into less trouble with Zygarde. For starters, a flying type or levitate fairy like Togekiss will be great, even if you exchange the x4 effectiveness for x2, Max wyrmwind and both his signature ground moves cannot hit you. Unfortunately i still have not found his 4th move and even if you catch him, he will probably have different moves as Kyurem did not come with glaciate despite using it. The way I eventually DID beat him was him not even getting the chance to transform, be aware I'm not sure what determined that outcome but it is possible. If you are running Zygarde with his location discovered (I imagine this is likely) in a group who have communication, that makes coordinating the ideal team to beat him a lot easier. I think this should be more than enough for Zygarde, specifically in the event he transforms, just a matter of the stars aligning really.

Years
  • Just beat Giratina in one go, had Grimmsnarl which is great with dark pulse and power swap on Giratina. The rest of the team was Gloom (moonblast and stun spore) Xatu to magic bounce scary face and Mudsdale. Gloom stunned turn one and Giratina had scary face magic bounced and I power swapped so it was very weak after one turn. It never even got a KO but it was scary when it started spamming ancient power so watch out for that.

Years
  • Got Lugia first time as well, they are pretty easy if 3 team members know how Pokemon works but I have failed a couple to people not knowing what's happening. I took Machoke in the first select and took it all the way through. No guard Dynamic Punch, Rock Tomb, Payback and Coaching is an incredible set with Machokes bulk. We lost no Pokemon and I just spammed Rock Tomb on Lugia after boosting the team with Coaching. The rest of the team was Obstagoon, Dusclops, and Gourgeist. Coaching boosts both Shadow Sneaks and Obstagoons Lash Out, so even the very Bulky Lugia went down in 4-5 turns.

Years
  • So far Zygarde has been the only one I can't beat. So far I am 0-3 with a combination of bad Pokemon choices and REALLY stupid teammates. I am going to go on a bit on a tangent here because I just lost again and am kind of pissed off. So my most recent team gets to Zygarde with 4 "lives" remaining. I am already annoyed because I know we lost before we get started. One teammate brought Sandaconda which is a shit choice because once sand spit procs everyone EXCEPT for him and Zygarde take chip damage. Another teammate brought a Torkoal that had been paralized since the second fight. 😡 Now I know this games target demographic is children but good god these are some stupid kids. 😭 Not to mention, the dumbass who took Torkoal took forever to pick their move every single turn.

It got to the point where I used worry seed on the Sandaconda but it was already too late and we lost with Zygarde Complete form still in the green. This last time we didn't come across a single fairy mon for a single Pokemon with an ice type move so I don't think we could have won regardless since Zygarde seems to be pretty difficult. The team was Sandaconda, Torkoal, Dusclops, and my Gourgeist which was really my best choice and I was playing more of a support roll since I couldn't get any good attackers.

Back