• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hitmonlee fossil set holo error?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2020
    Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some help identifying a few cards to include what I think could be a Hitmonlee Holographic error card. To the best of my understanding, the Holographic Hitmonlee was 7/62 in the fossil set and the non-holographic was 22/62. This Holographic Hitmonlee I have is printed as 22/62, looking online I have not been able to find another one like it. I would appreciate any input. I also have a 1st edition base set (I believe) Machamp that is sealed up so I'm not sure what set it is actually from. Finally, I have a Holo Charizard printed in 2002 that has the same art as a base set but it has a different icon from what I know. The cards aren't in the best shape but I'm still curious about them.

As I said before, any and all help in identifying these three cards would be greatly appreciated. I will attach photos of the cards below.

Attachments

• Hitmonlee.jpg
      Hitmonlee.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 9
    • Machamp.jpg
      Machamp.jpg
      942.8 KB · Views: 7
    • Charizard.jpg
      Charizard.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 5

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Hitmonlee is fake (in addition to the wrong set number, the fonts—particularly the Pokémon and attack names—are incorrect and "broken glass" foil wasn't used on official cards until Gen. III). Machamp is from the Base Set 2-Player Starter Kit and Charizard is from the Legendary Collection.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2020
    Thanks Icycatelf!

Unfortunate that the Hitmonlee is fake but no hard feelings, it was found in storage from my childhood so no real lost value there. Also, thank you for helping identify the other two cards. That will help me greatly in determining if there is any value in them. In the days of COVID, I'm being forced to liquidate anything of value haha. I hope you and your family are faring well.

Thanks Again,
    Sordsman27

Back