• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

• Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Plot:
    When a visit to a pokemon themed resort island goes awry, people are trapped with no pokemon and no way of escaping! To make matters worse, the power at the resort has gone out, and conditions have become inhospitable. The people were taken to a nearby island, Goodhill Island, and have been living under the care of the people in Meadow Town for a while. Then the people learn that the islands, are in fact, populated by pokemon, and there is even an official gym challenge registered for the region! Excited, some consider asking the local Professor Driftwood for a pokemon to begin a new journey with...

Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Character Sheet:
    Character sheets shall be treated as more of a formality for me, I'll accept almost anything as long as it isn't too ridiculous.
    Name: Realistic
    Home Region: Canon from core or side games
    Basic Appearance: One line is fine!
    It would be nice if you used Pokecharm's pokemon card maker to show the basics in one place! It gives me a quick reference for your character.

Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Rules:
    • Swearing is allowed but only mild romance. No sex whatsoever.
    • You can have more than one character, but don't go overboard.
    • A map of the region is provided in the attachments. It is not complete, but contains 4 gyms worth of information. I'll expand it soon.
    • No limit on players. feel free to sign up at any time!
    • Post twice a month at the least or your character will be considered gone. This is to keep the roleplay moving. Posts should be about a paragraph long, but longer or shorter is fine. If you're having a direct conversation a simple one or two liner is acceptable.
    • Try to stay together as a group! You should all be at the same island, though you may be in different places on the island.
    • Starters are unique. Only one for each person!
    • Pokemon won't have specific levels, but keep a general idea of their strength and proximity to evolution.
    • Pokemon can have 4 normal moves and 2 TM or HM slots that may be filled in later. Your pokemon will start out with their newest moveset in most cases, and will generally progress along those lines.
    • Characters such as Prof. Driftwood and Gym Leaders are NPCs and are controlled by me!

Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Starters:
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]

Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
    Players:
    InsaneBlathers as Olly

Attachments

• Pokemon Isles [T][OOC]
      Image (1).png
      150.8 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ooh, neat map! Looking forward to seeing this region explored. Just two notes- PokéCommunity has multiple skins/themes people can use, and they all have different default text colors, so you have to remember to change your text color when you use a background! 'Cause like, for me your text is showing up as an unreadable dark gray. It's an easy thing to forget so we all have to remind each other sometimes haha.

Second, I think it would be helpful for you to include a few things about mechanics so that potential players will understand what is expected of them and what they can do in your roleplay. Like, how frequently are they expected to post? How long should their posts be? How will the characters travel through this RP? Will their Pokémon have levels? How many moves can a Pokémon know? (A common number to use in RPs here is six moves per Pokémon!) Will you as the GM be playing Professor Driftwood, or is this a character that anyone can control? Stuff like that, just to make sure everyone is on the same page!

Let me know if I can help at all! I'm usually up for it~

Years
  • Ooh, neat map! Looking forward to seeing this region explored. Just two notes- PokéCommunity has multiple skins/themes people can use, and they all have different default text colors, so you have to remember to change your text color when you use a background! 'Cause like, for me your text is showing up as an unreadable dark gray. It's an easy thing to forget so we all have to remind each other sometimes haha.

Second, I think it would be helpful for you to include a few things about mechanics so that potential players will understand what is expected of them and what they can do in your roleplay. Like, how frequently are they expected to post? How long should their posts be? How will the characters travel through this RP? Will their Pokémon have levels? How many moves can a Pokémon know? (A common number to use in RPs here is six moves per Pokémon!) Will you as the GM be playing Professor Driftwood, or is this a character that anyone can control? Stuff like that, just to make sure everyone is on the same page!

Let me know if I can help at all! I'm usually up for it~
    Thanks for the advice! Most of these problems have been fixed. Let me know if there's anything else!

Years
  • Also anyone is free to give me extra suggestions as this is going to be my first time GMing a rp here
    Advice from veterans is much appreciated!
    (Sorry for the double post I can merge if needed)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back