• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Competitive] Red-style Galarian Champion Team

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    As the title states, the purpose of this team is to serve as a 6-on-6 Singles Champion team for Galar, in the fashion of Red's team from Mount Silver - a balanced team built around the three starters, and I wanted to keep it Galarian. My secondary goal with this team was to ensure no shared weaknesses, but that is not essential - after all, though this team has no shared weaknesses, it also lacks any resistance to Flying, Psychic and Rock other than through Libero, so it is not perfectly balanced. This is not intended for use in Smogon formats, so Dynamax is included.

Galarian Weezing
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Levitate
    Effort Values: 252 Hit Points / 252 Special Defence / 4 Defence
    Item: Black Sludge
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Strange Steam
    - Defog
    - Will-O-Wisp
    Role: Lead, clearance, status, wall

Polteageist
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Weak Armor
    Effort Valuess: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hit Points
    Item: Focus Sash
    - Shell Smash
    - Stored Power
    - Shadow Ball
    - Giga Drain
    Role: Fast setup sweeper

Gigantamax Snorlax
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Gluttony
    Effort Values: 252 Hit Points / 152 Special Defence / 100 Defence / 4 Attack
    Item: Figy Berry
    - Belly Drum
    - Body Slam
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Earthquake
    Role: Slow regenerative setup sweeper with G-Max Replenish.

Rillaboom
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    Effort Values: 252 Attack / 204 Hit Points / 52 Speed
    Item: Choice Band
    - Grassy Glide
    - Wood Hammer
    - Knock Off
    - High Horsepower
    Role: Revenge killer and Terrain-counter, also my strongest counter to the likes of Dracovish - though not quite enough to take it out in one hit with Grassy Glide, the act of going first is enough to weaken Fishious Rend to easily survivable levels.

Cinderace
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Libero
    Effort Values: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hit Points
    Item: Assault Vest
    - Pyro Ball
    - Iron Head
    - High Jump Kick
    - Sucker Punch
    Role: General cleanup revenge killer.

Inteleon
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Sniper
    Effort Values: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hit Points
    Item: Scope Lens
    - Focus Energy
    - Snipe Shot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    Role: Wallbreaker, especially against Special Defence-boosting opponents.

One last note is that I find the Life Orb item distasteful, and far better suited for use on Villain-themed teams (unless used on Pokémon with the likes of Magic Guard)

Thank you in advance.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    First alteration ideas:
    Polteageist would be crippled by any damaging entry hazard, as it relies heavily on its Focus Sash. Thus, I am thinking it might be better to give Weezing Taunt (though in place of which move I am uncertain), and/or equip Cinderace with the Heavy Duty Boots and replace Iron Head with Court Change.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    I wonder if I should take the lack of replies to mean that the team is fine, that the team is too awful and specific to be improved without rebuilding it entirely, that there is no interest in teams outside Smogon systems, or that the team is simply boring.

Years
  • I... am confused. What exactly is this a team for? If it's not intended for Smogon, are you using it for VGC Singles? I think the reason people are finding it hard to comment is because they're unsure what you are actually using this in - vital information considering we can then use the right meta to judge this team against.

Generally though - you don't have enough hazard control for Polteageist and also having your hazards setter AND remover as a lead and on the same mon is a bit wild. If G-Weezing dies then Polteageist has a much tougher time and your other frail mons in Cinderace and Inteleon just get chunked down easily.

Cinderace should nearly always be carrying HDB. Due to Libero, it can switch into a lot of unexpected things and combine that with U-Turn for pivoting and this means you can do so very freely. Iron Head can be removed for this, Iron Head is useless on Cinderace.

Replace High Horsepower for U-Turn with Rillaboom, so it can pivot with Cinderace. If Banded, make it max Speed.

What are the 4 points in Attack EVs for Snorlax for? Ditch them, put them into the other stats.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    Danke, so it was option 3 (ish). I will take the advice on board. I suppose the closest format would be 'Anything Goes', which I foolishly thought would be self-explanatory, though I imagine it makes little difference.

Back