• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Origins

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
PromoLogo.png

DEMO:

Windows x86 | Windows x64 | Mac | Linux

Discord | Wiki

Spoiler: English

Spoiler: Deutsch

Spoiler: Français

Spoiler: Italiano

Spoiler: Português

Spoiler: 日本語

Spoiler: 中文

Credits:

Base:
Audino

Code/Script:
PsyCommando
AntyMew
Palika
Parakoopa
Rev
Trio~
Rings
Buwwet

Graphics/Music:
MusicalCombusken
SilverDeoxys563
Fable
Lurils
Rao Kurai
Skelothan
Chi
Lovi
Zefa
Reppamon
+2 Anonymous

Translation:
Van-Tazen
lagpu1
Dask
DSgamer93
Lars Preston
Scout
P1ka
Squishy
Barry
Dew
AthalePrime
Mario Brand
PikaNiko
キヌ
Aligatueur
Kurama
Vioshim
Discord:komischertypus KomischerTypus
Discord:glaiver. Glaiver
Discord:youka0 Youka
Discord:veemaru Mathieu "Maru" V
Discord:digital_hazard Digital Hazard
Discord:saiphdeer Saiph
[email protected] 域外創音(IkigaiSouon)
Alicia
Chehra
Blackun
Buxrart
Tabarnak
Rockdu
+1 Anonymous

Original Media:
Chunsoft
Creatures inc
Nintendo
GAME FREAK inc
Falcom

Modding:

-Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Origins supports modding, and can be started in Developer mode with a full array of editors.
-Mods can be exported as standalone games of their own and be released as separate games! Just be sure to include the proper credits for the engine.
-To learn how to use the engine, start with the Modding Intro
-We also have a Wiki, containing tutorial and reference pages on how to edit and script!
-The full source of the game, containing all assets and code, is available to view and fork on Github: PMDODump and its submodules PMDC and DumpAsset. They use the MIT License.
-As development on the game continues, unreleased data will appear on these repositories and be viewable before official release. You are free to spoil yourself on what is uploaded if you believe it enhances your experience with this project. Do not ruin the experience of others.

Roadmap:

-One additional demo is planned for the future. It will feature changes from demo feedback and bug reports that are actionable in the short term.
-Another demo, v0.8, will add beta content that consists of the full game, but with temp text for initial impressions. This is expected in the spring of 2024.
-The full release will then follow. It will finish the minimalistic storyline and include most postgame challenges.
-If I can afford the time and effort, I will include a final postgame conclusion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
Recruitment:
-We are looking for translators! If you are versed in a non-English language, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.
-We are looking for aspiring developers to test our modding system! If you are interested in developing with a dedicated PMD engine, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.

Messaged

Galactidot

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Recruitment:
-We are looking for translators! If you are versed in a non-English language, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.
-We are looking for aspiring developers to test our modding system! If you are interested in developing with a dedicated PMD engine, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.[/QUOTE]

I want to help with modding, please!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
It seems to be interessant, Even if it won't maybe be translate in french (Idc about that), I'll hope we'll know more

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Updated main post to include german info and different gifs.

It seems to be interessant, Even if it won't maybe be translate in french (Idc about that), I'll hope we'll know more

unknown.png

We have a partial french translation due to an earlier contributor! Due to the nature of fangames as a passion project, it remains incomplete as people dip in and out of interest, but we are always grateful for whatever they're able to contribute.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I've added a link to the Modding Documentation. The game itself is not yet publicly released, but it can help aspiring developers understand what they are working with.

Years
Wow, I don't know how the heck I haven't heard of this! This is incredible work and I can't imagine how freaking hard it must have been to create such an engine.

I love how you're planning to bring PMD back to its roguelike roots, even ahead of Shiren or Torneko. What hypes me the most is the apparent large variety of items and strategy involved and the sprawling nature of maps opens a lot of possibilities dungeon design-wise: do you plan on adding dungeon features that are staples of traditional roguelikes? Like secret rooms, interactable elements (fountains, altars, switches)… detours from GTi, hidden behind locked doors, would be very exciting.
Also do we always play a starter or can we roll a random Pokemon? Same with the dungeon itself, does it always have the same structure or does its tileset and music order change each run (something that would make it very replayable since, being a traditional roguelike, I assume we will replay the early game a lot!).

Don't know how advanced you are in this project, but how about you upload a trailer showcasing some of the features? Maybe even a (alpha?) beta!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
This looks amazing , I have been looking for a way to modify sprites on red rescue team , have you find out how ? and if so , could you please help me with that?

The Red Genesect

plain old pokemon
Years
'ello, I am working on a fan game quite similar to a Mystery Dungeons Game. I would like to ask if your engine is public use? If so, please do tell me.

Back