• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Shin Megami Tensei: The original Monster Catching RPG Series and why Pokémon fans should care

Shin Megami Tensei: The original Monster Catching RPG Series and why Pokémon fans should care

Shin Megami Tensei: The original Monster Catching RPG Series and why Pokémon fans should care

Long before Pokémon, Shin Megami Tensei impressed Japanese gamers with its dark stories and imaginative Demons.
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Play SMT5!

image credit: Nintendo Everything
    SMT5_P8_Daat_01-1038x576.jpg

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Loving the attention to the SMT series as a whole, even back to the very first games, and not just Persona!

Gotta say as far as favourite demons go, though, going to say Lilith, because I mean, come on

• Demands respect
    • Doesn't get it
    • Continuously punishes everyone that took everything important from her just because she wanted to be equal, and
    • Takes what she's owed instead

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Seconded! This article was a fun read, SMT's known to be difficult and very punishing towards players who don't use buffs and debuffs. Highly recommended if you like a challenge 👍
    My favourite demon has to be Black Frost. I always make a point to fuse it whenever I play any MegaTen game.

Last edited:

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
    Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    SMT is fantastic, I highly implore everyone to try Nocturne since its on switch, I'm currently playing smt 4 and it's also really great, it's also great if you're looking for a "darker Pokémon" itch especially since I always felt fan projects were a bit too edgy when it came to that, these games do it perfectly. Of course, my favorite demon is for sure yoshitsune, partly due to the persona series but it's also just a great design.

Back