• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokémon Conquest: Reconquered (A Pokémon Conquest Rom Hack)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Prelude
Thank you to everyone who has been playing Reconquered! We were just recently involved in Eevee Expo 3 during their sizzle reel. You can find them on Twitter by following the below linked tweet (like the tweet while you are there) and see all the other games featured! I also wanted to announce a new update will be releasing in the near future, featuring a newly revamped final story episode!! Stay tuned and keep an eye out!

Eevee Expo's Reconquered Tweet

Pokémon Conquest
For those that don't know, Pokémon Conquest was released in 2012, developed by Koei Tecmo, and published by Nintendo for the DS. It's a crossover between Pokémon and Koei Tecmo's Nobunaga's Ambition series, using the gameplay and characters from NA and 200 Pokémon spanning from Gen 1 up to Gen 5. It flew under the radar, only recently gaining more and more traction within the Pokémon Community. Today I'd like to present you with my take on the Ransei Region…

Story

SbphPCw.png

In a distant land and in a time not too long ago, far away from the modernized world of Pokémon, lies the Ransei region. Home to 17 Kingdoms, filled with Pokémon and Warriors. Some are content with living their lives out, but most dedicate themselves to combat, using their ability to connect with a Pokémon's mind, body, and soul. Legend has it that if all 17 kingdoms are to be united under one banner, a powerful Pokémon will bestow them with a wish.

You'll be playing through the many tales of the Warlords of the Ransei Region, warriors that hold the most power over their kingdoms.

Will you be able to finish the story?

vUD3hKR.png

Features

• New Pokémon - 4 New Pokémon were added in v2.0, Dunsparce, Golett, Golurk, and Absol. With v3.0, 5 new evolution lines are being added (that's 16 new Pokémon in total!)

Q8FIz1q.png

• R-Style Pokémon - Pokémon that have adapted their body and battle style to the Ransei Region.

7nwUxcq.jpeg

fWojAin.jpeg

xbbTCXw.jpeg

• Move and Ability Changes - An overhaul of Pokémon moves and abilities to better fit both the Pokémon and the game itself.

sAC1t23.png

• New Moves - Moves not in the base game have been added to spice up the move pool and create interesting new strategies.

KdDLxK2.png

• Reconquered Moves - Moves made for Pokémon Conquest: Reconquered that allow for new experiences.

YFrLwiH.png

• Modernized Stats - Pokémon have stat changes that reflect their Gen 9/8/7 main game counterparts.

hqY0DTL.png

• Harder Difficulty - Teams have been curated to create a rewarding challenge, requiring strategy and quick thinking.

pJQTpv3.jpg

• Minor Tweaks - Changes that help streamline gameplay such as evolution conditions or warrior skills.

• Creative Base - Reconquered can be used to influence and inspire ideas that can further build the Pokémon Conquest romhacking scene.

v3.0 Updates!
(Released 3/24/23)

Since v2.0 was released in June of last year, I've been debating with myself on what I'd like the future of Reconquered to look like. I had plenty of ideas but was worried about how to execute them. But now, I know exactly what the game plan is...so I want to present v3.0! Below is a list of all new inclusions and changes that'll be in your hands soon!

• New Pokémon - One of my favorite aspects of v2.0 was the addition of the new Pokémon. I knew I wanted v3.0 to include even more so with the help of some fantastic spriters (Snap, Doanmit, and Soulja), I can make that a reality! The new Pokémon include:

• Dudunsparce
  • Snom
  • Frosmoth
  • Jangmo-o
  • Hakamo-o
  • Kommo-o
  • Bulbasaur
  • Ivysaur
  • Venusaur
  • Ferroseed
  • Ferrothorn
  • Heracross

That's right, 5 full new lines (6 fully completed with Dudunsparce) all playable! The v2.0 Pokémon also features new and updated sprites thanks to their creator Snap!

• New R-Style Forms! - 3 new R-Style Forms now populate the roster, 1 of which is hidden unless you find it in-game (it is listed in the doc normally so be warned). I love the idea of R-Style forms so adding in more mattered a lot to me.

• Buffs and Nerfs! - I like to say I'm more confident in the balancing gameplay-wise. Some moves and Pokémon needed to be knocked down a peg but some needed that boost!

• Episode Rebalancing! - With the introduction of new Pokémon and player feedback, the main story and post stories receive modifications to feature a better flow. I highly recommend restarting or playing a different file just to see what kind of experience you have!

Future Updates
Due to the small scale of Pokémon Conquest romhacking, some changes are currently impossible and being investigated. Here is a list of things that cannot be changed but when possible, will be changed:

• AI
  • Pokémon Ability Effects
  • The amount of Pokémon

But I will try my best to update along the way to bring the best possible experience.

How was this possible?
How? Well with RanseiLink of course! RanseiLink is an incredible program created by Deijin. She spent many hours working on this editor that is the backbone of this project. Without Deijin or RanseiLink, we wouldn't be this far in Conquest modification. To find RanseiLink, you can either follow the documentation below or by following this link: https://github.com/Deijin27/RanseiLink

Documentation
Documentation such as the Read Me, FAQs, Changelogs, etc. are all in the linked Google Drive. Here you will also find the .rlmod file and xdelta patch for Reconquered.

Please note this requires a rom of Pokémon Conquest, which I cannot provide.

CURRENT VERSION IS 3.2 (UPDATED 4/20/24)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gh0d4FjFJPvngSO0pz4Z9-ZpavEdF-PA?usp=sharing

Contact
You can contact me on discord (WhatAUsernameIHave#0437) or on Twitter (@WhatAUsernameSD)!
https://linktr.ee/whatausernameihave

I want to thank everyone for taking their time to read this, I hope you enjoy Pokémon Conquest: Reconquered! User out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
I have never played conquest, is this the best way for a beginner to jump in?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks Man.
Awesome mod
The actual version is 2.0?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
This is a really cool mod!

I do not know how to use the tool yet, but if more options opened up these are the changes I would probably make once I've learned. Maybe you could incorporate some of these into yours?

1. Of course, larger and more diversified maps. After conquering Ransei hundreds of times, you learn the tricks to clearing each map and any difficulty disappears. Not to mention most of the castles don't even resemble castles.
Having much larger maps would help ease this feeling. This would also mean range would need rebalancing, which could be fun due to the movement gimmicks of some maps (secret passages you may want to use with low range mons).

2. Just as you've done, rebalancing the Pokemon. If more stats could be added to better resemble mainline, then you could better represent their actual stats in the game. I like making balancing realistic, so I would probably use the anime as reference for attack patterns (even though it often contradicts itself). Another thing with this is renaming moves and abilities and modifying them slightly to conform to the main game, like changing jagged edge to iron barbs or rough skin.

3. One thing that's always bugged me is that each Pokemon only had one move, which often doesn't represent it well. It also means that Pokemon can't use buffs and debuffs without moving it to an ability. If possible, I would make Pokemon able to use two moves. Of course, the vast majority would still only have attacking moves. It also helps in changing their abilities to mainline ones.

4. Last thing, as you outlined, is to add more Pokemon to the game. A lot of the gen 5 Pokemon in this game don't have much relevancy today. Adding more from other generations would help. Also, it bugged me how Beedrill is in the game but not Weedle and Kakuna.

Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Very cool, User! I especially like the new takes on old Pokémon by making your own Ransei forms! Very fun game! :]

Psyduck Blush.jpg

Back