• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Legends Arceus content [Gen 8 project for V18 only]

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Legends Arceus content
    Gen 8 project for V18

Hi all,

I added some content of Pokémon Legends: Arceus to my game, so I thought I would share the code.
    This add-on implements the code for Drowsy / Frostbite (the new statuses), as well as the new moves, new forms and new Pokémons.

First warnings:

Second warnings:
    • I wasn't planning to release this script, so I had to "extract" my edits for you. I may have forgotten some parts. If you feel something is missing and/or something doesn't work as expected, let me know ^^
    • I haven't played (and don't plan to play) to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, so maybe my messages for drowsiness/frostbite are not correct. Please tell me the right messages if you want.
    • Some edits are not "official". I don't like moves that increase evasion so I ignored this boost. Also, I considered that every move that thaws the user, also removes its frostbite. And Electric moves all remove drowsiness. You can comment the corresponding code if you don't like it.
    • This plugin is almost purely about scripting. For the sprites of the new Pokémons/forms, please follow this thread on Smogon.
    • The new moves + the new common animations for statuses are now on the todo-list for my animation project.

There is a script edit part. As always, be careful with it, make backups before anything.

Part 1 - PBS additions

Add the following data to the corresponding PBS file:
    • pokemon.txt
      Version 1: only the new Pokémons with their official movesets.
      Version 2: only the new Pokémons, with extended movesets (I tried to give more moves to the Pokémons).
      Version 3: all new data in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. You have to edit the PBS yourself.
    • pokemonforms.txt
      Version 1: only the new forms with their official movesets.
      Version 2: only the new forms, with extended movesets (I tried to give more moves to the Pokémons).
      Version 3: all new data in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. You have to edit the PBS yourself.
    • moves.txt
      Strong Style. Be careful with the ids of the moves. Note: all moves are in Strong Style.
      My own balance. Most moves are in Standard style, and some moves are in Strong Style (Raging Fury, Wave Crash, Chloroblast, Headlong Rush, maybe I'm missing some). This is an attempt at balancing the new moves, most of them are too powerful compared to the existing ones.

For pokemon.txt and pokemonforms.txt, if you don't know what to do, use Version 2 of both. These files give a larger moveset to each Pokémon.
    Also, the tutor moves are added as a "TutorMoves" list. You should add them to the tm.txt file. Yes, this is tedious.

Part 2 - Status graphics

Download the attached ZIP file and merge the Graphics folder with your Graphics folder, and replace the files.

Part 3 - New script

Install this script, above Main, and below ZUD and Following Pokémon, if you use any of them.
    https://pastebin.com/7qCtWZLj

Part 4 - Script edits.

Ow lawd, they coming.

Step 1 is, as always: make a backup!

Spoiler:

As always, I don't care about credits, but I was alone on this.

Attachments

• Graphics.zip
      2.3 KB · Views: 376
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    There are undefined moves in the Pokemon PBS files. Most notably AUTUMNTEMPEST and WARMWELCOME.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all,

I added some content of Pokémon Legends: Arceus to my game, so I thought I would share the code.
    This add-on implements the code for Drowsy / Frostbite (the new statuses), as well as the new moves, new forms and new Pokémons.

First warnings:
    • This is an addition to the Gen 8 project for Essentials v18.
    • This is NOT for Essentials v18 or v18.1 alone.
    • This is NOT for Essentials v19.
    • I WON'T ADAPT THIS CODE TO V19. My game is in v18, I don't care about v19.
    • Anyone is welcome to integrate this code to v19, if you can adapt it.

Second warnings:
    • I wasn't planning to release this script, so I had to "extract" my edits for you. I may have forgotten some parts. If you feel something is missing and/or something doesn't work as expected, let me know ^^
    • I haven't played (and don't plan to play) to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, so maybe my messages for drowsiness/frostbite are not correct. Please tell me the right messages if you want.
    • Some edits are not "official". I don't like moves that increase evasion so I ignored this boost. Also, I considered that every move that unthaws the user, also removes its frostbite. And Electric moves all remove drowsiness. You can comment the corresponding code if you don't like it.
    • This plugin is almost purely about scripting. For the sprites of the new Pokémons/forms, please follow this thread on Smogon.
    • The new moves + the new common animations for statuses are now on the todo-list for my animation project.

There is a script edit part. As always, be careful with it, make backups before anything.

Add the following data to the corresponding PBS file:
    • pokemon.txt
      Version 1: only the new Pokémons with their official movesets.
      Version 2: only the new Pokémons, with extended movesets (I tried to give more moves to the Pokémons).
    • pokemonforms.txt
      Version 1: only the new forms with their official movesets.
      Version 2: only the new forms, with extended movesets (I tried to give more moves to the Pokémons).
    • moves.txt
      Only one version. Be careful with the ids of the moves.

For pokemon.txt and pokemonforms.txt, if you don't know what to do, use Version 2 of both. These files give a larger moveset to each Pokémon.
    Also, the tutor moves are added as a "TutorMoves" list. You should add them to the tm.txt file. Yes, this is tedious.

Download the attached ZIP file and merge the Graphics folder with your Graphics folder, and replace the files.

Install this script, above Main, and below ZUD and Following Pokémon, if you use any of them.
    https://pastebin.com/7qCtWZLj

Ow lawd, they coming.

Step 1 is, as always: make a backup!

Spoiler:

As always, I don't care about credits, but I was alone on this.

Great job!!!

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought Ursaluna should be Ground/Normal instead of Normal/Ground?

You can easily change that ^^
    But I thought that upon evolving, the new type would be added, rather than replacing the first type.

curryofthepast

Were they a fool, a sage or a lonely friend?
    Years
  • Thanks for the hard work. I made a modification of the move script if that's okay. I didn't want to do edits to status scripts or status graphics, so I removed all of them. Frostbite and burn can be treated as the same thing mechanically imo, although StCooler's status implementations are very cool. I also tightened up Ceaseless Edge/Stone Axe by giving both moves the same effect, now named PBEffects::Splinters.

If anyone uses it credit still goes to StCooler. Script still goes above Main, and below ZUD and Following Pokémon, if you use any of them. Most v18 code used seems compatible with v19, but I adapted this to v19 where I spotted small possible differences. Personal assembly required, users should read the code (especially on Rapid Spin) and follow OP's script tweaks, apart from the parts that deal with new status conditions. Moves.txt also needs personal tweaks for the changed move codes. https://pastebin.com/tpQEd2MW

There's one line of new code I added that I'm not 100% sure on. I replaced drowzy on Dire Claw with yawn instead. I don't see why it wouldn't work in Ruby, but I've never seen a script in Essentials apply status this way. It's hard to debug this move at this stage.
    Code:
    when 0 then target.effects[PBEffects::Yawn] = 2 if target.pbCanSleepYawn?(user,false,self)

The new code for Stone Axe/Splinters In the file Battle_Phase_EndOfRound:
    Spoiler:
    As an added note, this is similar to Infestation without the trapping, but having a new script is good because it lets the effect apply a new common animation. I'm really hoping we get to see an animation added for Stealth Rock and/or Splinters in the Gen 8 animation project!

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    By the way, what is"LavaTrap" "IcyRock" and "SmoothRock"?

Whoops! I really need to check my code before posting -_-
    They are spoilers of some moves I made for my game ^^"
    It's fixed.

Thanks for the hard work. I made a modification of the move script if that's okay. I didn't want to do edits to status scripts or status graphics, so I removed all of them. Frostbite and burn can be treated as the same thing mechanically imo, although StCooler's status implementations are very cool. I also tightened up Ceaseless Edge/Stone Axe by giving both moves the same effect, now named PBEffects::Splinters.
    Actually I have a code to let you choose whether to use Drowsy/Frostbite or Sleep/Freeze ^^
    Check out the first two constants of the script:

Code:
    PLA_STATUS_MODE_FROSTBITE = 0
    PLA_STATUS_MODE_DROWSY = 0
    # 0 = new moves inflict Drowsy and Frostbite (respectively), old moves keep 
    #     inflicting Sleep and Freeze.
    # 1 = new moves AND old moves inflict Drowsy and Frostbite.
    #     NB: Value 1 does not change the behaviour of Rest, Comatose and Yawn 
    #     and I don't want to waste my time.
    # 2 = new moves AND old moves inflict Sleep and Freeze.

If anyone uses it credit still goes to StCooler. Script still goes above Main, and below ZUD and Following Pokémon, if you use any of them. Most v18 code used seems compatible with v19, but I adapted this to v19 where I spotted small possible differences. Personal assembly required, users should read the code (especially on Rapid Spin) and follow OP's script tweaks, apart from the parts that deal with new status conditions. Moves.txt also needs personal tweaks for the changed move codes. https://pastebin.com/tpQEd2MW

There's one line of new code I added that I'm not 100% sure on. I replaced drowzy on Dire Claw with yawn instead. I don't see why it wouldn't work in Ruby, but I've never seen a script in Essentials apply status this way. It's hard to debug this move at this stage.
    Code:
    when 0 then target.effects[PBEffects::Yawn] = 2 if target.pbCanSleepYawn?(user,false,self)
    It should be :
    Code:
    when 0 ; target.effects[PBEffects::Yawn] = 2 if target.pbCanSleepYawn?(user,false,self)
    (Use ";" instead of "then")
    It should be OK now.

Spoiler:
    Note that the line:
    Code:
    # Damage from Hyper Mode (Shadow Pokémon)
    Should be below the code for Stone Axe and Ceaseless Edge ^^

As an added note, this is similar to Infestation without the trapping, but having a new script is good because it lets the effect apply a new common animation. I'm really hoping we get to see an animation added for Stealth Rock and/or Splinters in the Gen 8 animation project!
    Exactly my intent + I wanted to cumulate effects (trapping + two splinters). Using the same code means that they replace each other upon activation (if you use a trapping move, and then Stone Axe, then the damage of Stone Axe will replace that of the trapping move).
    And the Gen 8 animation project... It's hard T__T

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I noticed all the moves' Power and Accuracy are in the Strong Style.

Yes indeed.
    This is because the Powers and Accuracies of the Strong Style of the old moves correspond to their respective Powers and Accuracies in the old games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Not really.I checked them out.Some moves' base Powers and Accuracies are lower correspond to old games by 5-10,but some moves are the same or higher.I think this is because PLA had its own balance system.So I'm a little tangled here.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Not really.I checked them out.Some moves' base Powers and Accuracies are lower correspond to old games by 5-10,but some moves are the same or higher.I think this is because PLA had its own balance system.So I'm a little tangled here.

You're right.

Pokémon Legends Arceus has its own battle system. I wanted to adapt the new moves to an old system. So I have to make choices.
    Some moves are maybe too powerful when included to an old-style fangame, but that's not *my* problem. The dev has to make the balance himself.
    I will release a somewhat balanced move file with *my* balancing, with custom accuracies and powers.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thanks for the hard work. I made a modification of the move script if that's okay. I didn't want to do edits to status scripts or status graphics, so I removed all of them. Frostbite and burn can be treated as the same thing mechanically imo, although StCooler's status implementations are very cool. I also tightened up Ceaseless Edge/Stone Axe by giving both moves the same effect, now named PBEffects::Splinters.

Code:

Spoiler:

Is this everything I need to do to implement this code into v19.1?

curryofthepast

Were they a fool, a sage or a lonely friend?
    Years
  • @PorousMist326 I don't know because I'm not a Ruby expert. I come from Python and C-likes. I'm using most recent v19.1 and cross-referencing between StCooler's scripts and base v19.1, the only difference was when 0 then as opposed to when 0 ;. The biggest changes from v18 I can see is in what the script headers and some functions are named. Generally, v19.1 is less verbose and easier to understand imo. Most scripters should be able to fix possible differences from experience or after using and reading Essentials files long enough.

Most of the code looks the same between versions, everything compiled for me and I haven't run into problems so what I posted should just work *just be careful with Stealth Rock. I mostly post my code so I can cross-reference, find bugs/errors in what I did or maybe help other users improve their code too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I noticed in Ver1 of pokemonform.txt,some pre-evo pokemons have eggmoves but some not.
    There is no Egg Breeding in PLA. So I want to know how you decide these moves?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I noticed in Ver1 of pokemonform.txt,some pre-evo pokemons have eggmoves but some not.
    There is no Egg Breeding in PLA. So I want to know how you decide these moves?

This is why I didn't want to release this resource in the first place: every time I make a resource, it's for myself first, and then I extract everything to make it usable by others. I use Version 2 of pokemon.txt / pokemonforms.txt, and Version 1 is me trying removing the added content from Version 2, so there may be mistakes.

At the same time, if you don't specify the EggMoves here, the forms will inherit the egg moves of the original Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Hi, I'm very new in all this, but I'm doing my best to adapt your scripts to the V20.1
    It's very difficult for me because I only know some C, and nothing about Ruby. For now half of the moves are working fine but I struggle a lot to make them work. I try copy/paste your script then change what doesn't seems to work but that's more than hard.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say that if someone can help me that would be great. I also have a friend who will try to do the backsprites and the missing shinies.
    If one day I am able to finish, I will publish it to help everyone, but for now I need help.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Here is the moves that works (I took the Bulbapedia description of the move, so I didn't keep the few modifications you did to balance the moves. I also didn't keep the drowsy/frostbite mechanic, and replace it with sleep/freeze, with lower effect/chances, so that's my only balancing. I really don't want the frostbite mechanic. However if I could change drowsy by Yawn mechanic, that would be great):

-Shelter: OK
    -Dire Claw: OK
    -Headlong Rush: OK
    -Raging Fury: OK
    -Springtide Storm: OK
    -Bleakwind Storm: OK
    -Mountain Gale: OK
    -Wildbolt Storm: OK
    -Take Heart: OK
    -Sandsear Storm: OK

What doesn't work:
    -Power Shift: Don't do anything
    -Stone Axe/Ceaseless Edge: Splinters doesn't works
    -Mystical Power: The stats doesn't raise
    -Triple Arrow: + critical ratio works, but the target defense doesn't down
    -Barb Barrage/Bitter Malice/Infernal Parade: I don't know how to adapt the script. (pokeBattle_Move_208 for example, I don't know how to turn it exactly into :BARBBARRAGE)
    -Chloroblast: recoil works but not the lower stat
    -Wave Crash: same, speed doesn't raise
    Victory Dance: Don't do anything
    Esper Wing: The stats doesn't raise
    Lunar Blessing: healing and status healing works, but the evasion won't raise
    Psyshield Bash: Stats doesn't raise

I also have a runtime error with forms of Sneasel and Growlithe for now with a field isn't positive integer or idk but I will figure it out.

Anyway that's it for now. I will drop that for now and works on other things for my game, but I hope I will get an answer and go back to it. If not I will go back to it anyway but later.
    (If some people wants the script for moves that are already working you can ask me I will be happy to share it)

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, I'm very new in all this, but I'm doing my best to adapt your scripts to the V20.1
    It's very difficult for me because I only know some C, and nothing about Ruby. For now half of the moves are working fine but I struggle a lot to make them work. I try copy/paste your script then change what doesn't seems to work but that's more than hard.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say that if someone can help me that would be great. I also have a friend who will try to do the backsprites and the missing shinies.
    If one day I am able to finish, I will publish it to help everyone, but for now I need help.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Here is the moves that works (I took the Bulbapedia description of the move, so I didn't keep the few modifications you did to balance the moves. I also didn't keep the drowsy/frostbite mechanic, and replace it with sleep/freeze, with lower effect/chances, so that's my only balancing. I really don't want the frostbite mechanic. However if I could change drowsy by Yawn mechanic, that would be great):

-Shelter: OK
    -Dire Claw: OK
    -Headlong Rush: OK
    -Raging Fury: OK
    -Springtide Storm: OK
    -Bleakwind Storm: OK
    -Mountain Gale: OK
    -Wildbolt Storm: OK
    -Take Heart: OK
    -Sandsear Storm: OK

What doesn't work:
    -Power Shift: Don't do anything
    -Stone Axe/Ceaseless Edge: Splinters doesn't works
    -Mystical Power: The stats doesn't raise
    -Triple Arrow: + critical ratio works, but the target defense doesn't down
    -Barb Barrage/Bitter Malice/Infernal Parade: I don't know how to adapt the script. (pokeBattle_Move_208 for example, I don't know how to turn it exactly into :BARBBARRAGE)
    -Chloroblast: recoil works but not the lower stat
    -Wave Crash: same, speed doesn't raise
    Victory Dance: Don't do anything
    Esper Wing: The stats doesn't raise
    Lunar Blessing: healing and status healing works, but the evasion won't raise
    Psyshield Bash: Stats doesn't raise

I also have a runtime error with forms of Sneasel and Growlithe for now with a field isn't positive integer or idk but I will figure it out.

Anyway that's it for now. I will drop that for now and works on other things for my game, but I hope I will get an answer and go back to it. If not I will go back to it anyway but later.
    (If some people wants the script for moves that are already working you can ask me I will be happy to share it)

Hey,
    Sorry for the late answer.
    Thanks for converting this script to v20. Unfortunately, I cannot really help with this, many things changed from v18 to v20 and I don't want to spend energy in learning how v20 works.
    I suggest you try to adapt the script from v19 instead, it's probably closer: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=470052

Back