• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Eevee Emerald [COMPLETED]

Years

• Pokémon Eevee Emerald

mJPFPnR.jpg

Introduction
    Ever wanted to play Pokémon Emerald, but with Eevee as a starter option? Well, now you can! This is a super-simple, borderline-vanilla ROM hack that does one thing: you can choose Eevee as your starter. The other three starters are still choices, too, if you still want to use them for whatever reason.

I kinda just threw this together for my own enjoyment, but I figured I'd share it, too.

Features
    • Mostly-vanilla experience, with some minor changes here and there.
    • Eevee as a fourth starter option.
    • Implemented of Eevee in various areas to make it feel like a natural part of Hoenn's Local PokéDex.
    • Changed every rival battle to account for every possible starter (See documentation).
    • Fully decapitalized proper nouns.
    • Running indoors is allowed.
    • All version-exclusive Pokémon that were previously unavailable in Emerald can now be found in the wild (See documentation).
    • All four starter Pokémon can now be found in the wild (See documentation)!
    • Trade evolutions changed to levelled evolutions.

Screenshots
    (Warning: they're very big)
    Spoiler:

Documentation
    Spoiler:

Download Link
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    How to get the elemantal stones? I would want to get eevee to become a joltheon

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, Some of the the location exits are bugged where they transport you to elsewhere. The bottom of Jagged pass exit transports you back to the cable car entrance. It makes it impossible to reach Lavaridge Town and fight Flannery.

Years
  • How to get the elemantal stones? I would want to get eevee to become a joltheon

Everything in this game is the same as vanilla Emerald, unless specified otherwise. 👍
    To answer your question, you can get a Thunder Stone in New Mauville OR by giving the Treasure Hunter a yellow shard.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, Some of the the location exits are bugged where they transport you to elsewhere. The bottom of Jagged pass exit transports you back to the cable car entrance. It makes it impossible to reach Lavaridge Town and fight Flannery.

I will look into this. Thanks for letting me know!
    EDIT: Very odd. Even though the warps are all correct in PoryMap, in-game, they're messed up. I'll troubleshoot tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, Some of the the location exits are bugged where they transport you to elsewhere. The bottom of Jagged pass exit transports you back to the cable car entrance. It makes it impossible to reach Lavaridge Town and fight Flannery.

Phew! Fixed it. Sorry it took so long, I wanted to play through some of the game to make sure everything worked. And everything does work, on my end at least. I've posted the new IPS file in the download section. Enjoy!

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    Hey I couldn't get the ips patch to work on my emerald file. I tried multiple versions of emerald and no luck. I had to find a file that's already patched somewhere online to get it to work with the emulator (mgba), because it keep crashing when professor birch sends out a pokemon. The ips file from here when I patched it to the emerald game.

Years
  • Hey I couldn't get the ips patch to work on my emerald file. I tried multiple versions of emerald and no luck. I had to find a file that's already patched somewhere online to get it to work with the emulator (mgba), because it keep crashing when professor birch sends out a pokemon. The ips file from here when I patched it to the emerald game.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I fixed it. I've updated the Mediafire link with a new file that's tested and should work. Let me know if there are further problems.

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I fixed it. I've updated the Mediafire link with a new file that's tested and should work. Let me know if there are further problems.

Ok thanks. I just patched the game with the new file and it works now. There's no crashing anymore.

Days
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    I really like this rom hack because I did always want an eevee in gen 3 Hoenn. Is there anyway I can get an infinite rare candy because grinding my low level Pokemon is tedious and frustrating and I just want to have a good gen 3 experience

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Hi! I wanted to play this game, but even with the ips update, my vba just wouldn't load it. I'm very new to this kind of things, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

AquamarineTheEevee

Heya! I love Eevee and its Eeveelutions.
    Days

• Pokémon Eevee Emerald

mJPFPnR.jpg

Introduction
    Ever wanted to play Pokémon Emerald, but with Eevee as a starter option? Well, now you can! This is a super-simple, borderline-vanilla ROM hack that does one thing: you can choose Eevee as your starter. The other three starters are still choices, too, if you still want to use them for whatever reason.

I kinda just threw this together for my own enjoyment, but I figured I'd share it, too.

Features
    • Mostly-vanilla experience, with some minor changes here and there.
    • Eevee as a fourth starter option.
    • Implemented of Eevee in various areas to make it feel like a natural part of Hoenn's Local PokéDex.
    • Changed every rival battle to account for every possible starter (See documentation).
    • Fully decapitalized proper nouns.
    • Running indoors is allowed.
    • All version-exclusive Pokémon that were previously unavailable in Emerald can now be found in the wild (See documentation).
    • All four starter Pokémon can now be found in the wild (See documentation)!
    • Trade evolutions changed to levelled evolutions.

Screenshots
    (Warning: they're very big)
    Spoiler:

Documentation
    Spoiler:

Download Link
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:
    Question. Are you able to make secret bases with Secret Power still, as you are in the OG Emerald?

Years
  • Hi! I wanted to play this game, but even with the ips update, my vba just wouldn't load it. I'm very new to this kind of things, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Hmmm... that isn't happening on my end. Did you make sure to use a clean Emerald ROM?
    You can Google that if you don't know what it means, but I can try my best to explain it myself: to put it simply, a "clean" ROM is just an OG, unaltered ROM that doesn't have any updates, fan-patches, or other modifications to it.

Back