• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Ancient Dynasty; A Viper's Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
Alter Ego said:
Well, that's the way I tend to RP too, but I have my limits. I don't mind the number of moves that any given pok?mon possesses, just as long as they're moves that they can really learn, and I can allow some creativity when it comes to using the moves, but if you try to do something completely ridiculous (Like KOing a Steelix with a Hyper Beam! XO) then I'm going to reach in through your monitor and slap you with a wet fish. Fair warning, everyone. XD

Oh yeah. I should know. I tried to pull a Mud-Slap on a Ghastly. XD

But apparently his fish wasn't with him, so I got off easy. XD

Charon-chan said:
{ooc| Miiiiiiiika! Chaaaaaa~! *flying tackle* My dear! How nice to see you!

And that would be the first time I saw Charon pull off a genuine flying tackle. XD

+ Mika + said:
x_x; Joy, just cut my finger on a stupid box.

If it makes you feel better, my Grandma once accidently stabbed herself in the arm with the corner of a box. XD

Anyways, I'll probably shut up until the RP starts. :x

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Charon-chan said:
{ooc| Miiiiiiiika! Chaaaaaa~! *flying tackle* My dear! How nice to see you!
Alter, I am hurt. You have not yet congratulated me on my brand new history & rp sample yet. I'm an attention whore, you guys should know this by now!
Alter, how about we roleplay normally, and then perhaps Mika can throw herself in somewhere later? I don't mind giving her a summary etc...
AND, OMG MIKA, I'M GETTING THE NEW ZELDA IN TWO WEEKS! *fainting ensues*}

ooc- ;O; What the doosh? That's... unfair. ;; it dun come out here til april.

Spoil ANYTHING and you're gunna be splatted. o.o

And yes... Yes you are an attention whore. ??; But I've known that for what, 3 years now?

Random Plushie said:
And that would be the first time I saw Charon pull off a genuine flying tackle. XD

If it makes you feel better, my Grandma once accidently stabbed herself in the arm with the corner of a box. XD

ooc- Yes, I'm very abused by Charon. ??; Flying tackles, gnawings... But as she has FMA information I don't have, I deal with it.

And she's more sane than most people I know

In real life.

;; Your poor obaa-san! Give her a hug from Mika.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Meep! I forgot about Charon's History/RP sample! O_O Aaaah! PleaseDon'tKillMePleaseDon'tKillMePleaseDon'tKillMe!!!

Wait, I think I confused you with Suki back there, nevermind. XD Anyways, you did a good job on both accounts, you should just have pointed out that you had finished your profile if it was that important to you.

+ Mika + said:
ooc- =3 I've snuck back on for a few moments (I've got them thinkin' I'm wrapping presents... mmyes..) and I can do a sample easily then. Any reqs. on length? (like, how many paragraphs. o.o) and JUST FOR YOU I wun do the size 1 text anymore then. XD

Eh, on the length issue...the longer the better, and like, thanks about the font thing. I feel so special now. XD

+ Mika + said:
I'll be back around noon (USA Central time, I think that's 6 hours behind you) on Monday. Didn't know if that would be too late for ya'll. ^^

Right'o, I'll have the RP kicked of untill then (Although how far we get depends on the others too), so we'll just have to see how it works out and act accordingly, I'm sure we can improvise something.

+ Mika + said:
Thanks so much for not out-right denying me which what I was sure was gunna happen. :3 And I'll have a sig and what not by monday as well. Gotta break in CS2 anyways. xD

You're welcome, I don't outright deny people who come on time (I.e. Before the RP starts) but late joiners...well, I think most of us know my opinion on that matter. XD But yeah, I've always had a weakness for well-made profiles, provided that they don't come 20 pages into the RP or anything. ^^

Oh, and a small note; try not to double post, as it will get you into trouble with the powers that be (I.e. The PC staff). So yeah, please just edit the text from your later post into your earlier one (Or vice-versa) and then delete the redundant post.

And yes Plushie, you were lucky that I was in a good mood so that you did not have to suffer the wrath of the red herring of quality. >D

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Alter Ego said:
Well, that's the way I tend to RP too, but I have my limits. I don't mind the number of moves that any given pok?mon possesses, just as long as they're moves that they can really learn, and I can allow some creativity when it comes to using the moves, but if you try to do something completely ridiculous (Like KOing a Steelix with a Hyper Beam! XO) then I'm going to reach in through your monitor and slap you with a wet fish. Fair warning, everyone. XD

Teehee, dont you mean wet Majikarps? :D
i give you farewarning, i have many bulbasaurs at my disposol :cool:

I say everyone in the RP teaches hyper beam to all there pokemon pokemon, to get on alter Ego's nerves teehee
i'm a meanie :D
*steals RP master hat*

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Alter Ego said:
Meep! I forgot about Charon's History/RP sample! O_O Aaaah! PleaseDon'tKillMePleaseDon'tKillMePleaseDon'tKillMe!!!

Wait, I think I confused you with Suki back there, nevermind. XD Anyways, you did a good job on both accounts, you should just have pointed out that you had finished your profile if it was that important to you.

Eh, on the length issue...the longer the better, and like, thanks about the font thing. I feel so special now. XD

Right'o, I'll have the RP kicked of untill then (Although how far we get depends on the others too), so we'll just have to see how it works out and act accordingly, I'm sure we can improvise something.

You're welcome, I don't outright deny people who come on time (I.e. Before the RP starts) but late joiners...well, I think most of us know my opinion on that matter. XD But yeah, I've always had a weakness for well-made profiles, provided that they don't come 20 pages into the RP or anything. ^^

Oh, and a small note; try not to double post, as it will get you into trouble with the powers that be (I.e. The PC staff). So yeah, please just edit the text from your later post into your earlier one (Or vice-versa) and then delete the redundant post.

And yes Plushie, you were lucky that I was in a good mood so that you did not have to suffer the wrath of the red herring of quality. >D

(ooc- =D Ah! Okay. No more double posts, I understand!

And you should feel SPECIAL. Charon said you were ubber special and you must be feared, luffed and respected so respect you I shall~

And I've posted my sample. -points up- it's up there.

o_o; Yes. It's always nice to see litterate people. You just want to hug them and squeeze them an luff them forever and ever and ever.

And I'll shut up now. o.o

~Edit~

Cha. I'll have Charon fill me in. I have ways to bribe her. =3 )

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Baker's Bulbasaur said:
Teehee, dont you mean wet Majikarps? :D
i give you farewarning, i have many bulbasaurs at my disposol :cool:

I say everyone in the RP teaches hyper beam to all there pokemon pokemon, to get on alter Ego's nerves teehee
i'm a meanie :D
*steals RP master hat*

Okay, that's it. This is where I draw the line;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <== Line

Feel my wrath infidel! *Swipes the RP master's hat back from BB and smites him with the red herring of quality before dragging him aside and feeding him to a Cradily*

*Walks back in and dusts of his hands, ignoring the blood-curling scream that ensues from the background*

Well, now that that bussiness is sorted out, where were we again? XD

Official bussiness first *Puts RP master's hat back on*;

@+ Mika +; I've read your RP sample and it's well up to standard, soo...~Accepted~

And yes, there's nothing like litteracy, is there? Your statement kind of reminds me of one of my English teachers (Because we're swapping between two), although as I recall he put it this way; "Grammar is sexy." o.O Yeah, he's a bit of an oddball. XD

But yes, let's put a stop to this constant OOC drivel before we go completely off-topic.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
Phwee! I finished my sign-up. ^-^ 'Tis all there and ready to go!

Though I must warn you, I will probably not post at all on Christmas Day. It's kinda a family time thing for my family, and they would probably kill me if I went on the computer. XD We wouldn't want me dead now, would we?

Oh, and a welcome to a friend of Charon's! Hewwo Mika! My name's Melissa. Nice ta' meet you.

EDIT: *dies* Oops... sorry Alter. My post was kinda off-topic-ish. Though, I did need to point out that my sign-up was done. Heh... ^^;;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC: Hey, no problem Melissa. Just as long as this doesn't turn into a complete chatroom or something like that, I'm fine with it. ^^

And in the interest of not further imbalancing the thread with pure OOCs; it's IC time!

IC:

Twilight City, also known as 'the city that never sleeps', a bustling metropolis and a small state in its own right, where technology, nature, and culture thrive side-by-side. The city is divded into two main sections, simply dubbed Undercity and Overcity, both alluring in their own way and split into a myriad of districts, each with their own speciality. Undercity is a place of living and commerce, connected together by a well-planed network of underground tunnles, in which the train stations are also located. The primary form of transportation is the city development section's pride and joy, a complex subway system operating on the power magnets (See appendix for additional information on the workings of this system) and capable of delivering people to their destinations fast, cleanly, and efficiently, producing no pollution save that required for producing the energy used. The districts of undercity itself are usually divided into two kinds; residence areas for the less privliged and market districts, markets in Undercity are primarily small-time bussinesses, small stalls and family bussinesses clustered together at virtually ever major crossing to be found, and as such, their methods of bussiness tend to be in accordance and it is customary ot overcharge people, particularly rich-looking tourists, on wares, so customers are always advised, and indeed to some degree expected, to haggle. A good rule of thumb is that usually at least 50% of the original price can be negotiated off, although experienced hagglers have been known to push them even lower than so. Care should also be taken in checking the quality of wares obtained from Undercity as there are, as a rule, no refunds to be had, and product quality varies greatly from store to store.

Overcity on the other hand stands in stark contrast to its hectic twin, consisting primarily of grandiose plazas, parks, luxurious estates, museums, theaters, and opera houses, as well as a few more respectable stores and restaurants. Where overcity is the heart of Twilght City's commerce, Undercity houses the culture and sophistication of the metropolis. The districts are fewer and better charted than in Undercity, and the air is purer, not to mention the increased amount of sunlight to be had, making Overcity a favoured place of visitors more accustomed to luxuries. This section of the city is built on hefty support pillars rooted in Undercity, which are connected to each other by walkways. The favoured method of transportation is walking, although there is a functioning, electric monorail system for those who are in a hurry. Travellers should note that Overcity, be it in terms of hotels, food, or merchandise, is a far more expensive choice than Undercity, although all establishments in Overcity are respectable ones and guarantee to deliver what they promise, making it more favoured by tourists. It should also be noted that-

"Next stop, Twilight City! Repeat, next stop, Twilight City!"

The sudden booming of the announcement in his train compartment caused Valen to look up from "A Complete Traveller's Guide to Twilight City", the boy tucking the handbook back into the right back pocket of his jeans and brushing aside his dark purple hair which had taken up hanging over his right eye again, disturbing his vision while he was reading. Despite the train being practically packed full with people heading for the memorial battle festival, none of the seats adjacent to the boy's one were occupied, although this was perhaps not such a peculiar thing considering the fact that there was a sizeable, and rather scarred, Arbok coiled around Valen's waist, hissing in aggitation and showing her fangs to anyone who had dared to sitt too close. The boy himself didn't seem the least bit worried about the large snake pok?mon's presence however, even though she could probably easily have squeezed him to death in a matter of seconds, absent-mindedly stroking the serpent's head and whispering something to her under his breath, the Arbok lying there and looking contented and surprisingly similar to a tame little puppy dog.

"Come, Seirini." the boy said simply as the train screeched to a halt "We have a job to do."

The snake pok?mon nodded, dutifully uncoiling herself from the boy's waist and slithering down onto the floor, following closely in Valen's footsteps as he walked down the corridor and past the crowd, that was wise enough to give way, despite the fact that its members displayed quite mixed emotions; some of them were simply terrified of the serpent, some were terrified of the boy, with his strange, torn grey shirt and the peculiar necklace of metal beads around his neck, not to mention the look of cold indeference in his misty grey eyes. Some, trainers by the look of them, looked like they wanted nothing more than to stand up to the boy and tell him to stop acting like he owned the place, but the problem was that Valen did nothing of the sort. He didn't act pompously, nor did he boss anyone around, mostly he didn't even talk to the others, mostly because he didn't seem to need to do so. He was the kind of person that caused those with a more well-developed sense of self-preservation to step back just in case, the kind that awoke a natural cringing instinct in a good deal of people, a person who seemed to bode nothing but ill for others, or, the way one of the caretakers in his old orhpanage had described him; trouble with a capital 'T'.

Valen was aware of this, aware that he was different, that he was despised, but he had truly expected nothing less. In fact, he found it alltogether fitting, for the rest of the world seemed to feel about him just like he felt about the rest of the world; he hated it, hated every last stupid rookie trainer and pompous bussinessman, every happy child who had gotten everything that he had always dreamed of having back when he had still had dreams. He hated them so much that he would have liked nothing more than to lash out at every other creature in sight, to spite them and hurt them untill they would have felt the same misery that he had gone through, to ram the understanding that eluded them right down their throats until there would be at least one, at least a single person who could really comprehend how he felt. Valen did not do so however, nor did he express his feelings on the matter in any other way, no, he was too sane for that, too sane and too controlled in his manner, too accustomed to concealing his thoughts behind a look of trained indifference and a comforting veil of spitefull thoughts and harsh words, storing his hatred for the world within himself and focusing on making it alive to the next day instead. People were too foolish to ever understand other people, this he had concluded long ago, there was only one person who could ever comprehend what went on inside his head...one who had faced exactly the same difficulties as he.

The boy cast a quick smile at the Arbok following him before returning his face to the previous mask of indifference as he stepped out of the train and onto the platform, scanning his surroundings. It was a train station much like any other, although the walls were painted in a light yellow colour in an attempt to make the place look more cheerfull, the floor, which was surprisingly clean for a train station's, covered in intriciate designs made by alternating between white and yellow tiles. Bright and well-kept lamps shone down from the dome-like ceiling above, bathing the station with its various rails, storage boxes, wending machines, colorfull advertising posters, and wooden benches in a surprisingly pleasant glow, not too far from the feeling of real sunlight.

While most people seemed to take kindly to the approach that had been taken in decorating the place, it only seemed to serve to make Valen more suspicious and guarded about his surroundings, a slight frown forming on the boy's face.

"This is too clean..." he muttered in quiet contempt, scanning the area for even the slightest trace of dirt or grime but finding none. This alone was enough to make the boy suspicious, there was always dirt where humans gathered, always a dark side to society, and the less of it you saw the worse it tended to be.

Although the boy had said very little, Seirini seemed to understand her trainer's thoughts perfectly, slithering a bit closer to her trainer and coiling up around his right leg.

{Perhapsss they have sssimply cleaned thisss area becaussse of the tournament?} she suggested, using her sensitive tongue to check the air for any feeling of hidden observers.

"Perhaps." Valen replied, stroking the Arbok's head, "But where there's light there's always shadow, stay on your guard."

The snake pok?mon nodded, uncoiling from the boy's foot again as the pair proceeded to walk towards the entrance to the underground tunnel system that the travelling guidebook had mentioned.

OOC: Anyways, just to make this absolutely clear;

~Sign-ups are now officially over~

From this point on, no-one else, and I really mean no-one else, will join this RP. And the list of approved RPers is as follows;

ybur_angel
Baker's Bulbasaur
Charon-chan
Deathspector
Kogenta
Light Azumarill
+ Mika +
Random Plushie
Alter Ego (Duh)

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
OOC:

And now we rawk-

IC:

{This is why you don't fall asleep when they announce you'll be arriving at your destination in ten minutes.} The purple imp commented, giggling at the look of frustration that had made its way onto his Trainer's face. Today was a good day--he felt it--and tormenting Avery while clinging to her shoulder made it all the more enjoyable.

The Trainer in question, obviously a girl by the name of Avery, only whined in response and spared her partner a frustrated glance before once again trying to make her way through the crowd, just to get to a place with less people. She was near the very back of the crowd that had disembarked the train, a fact that was annoying her to no end at the moment because she had fallen asleep on the train, and that was coming back to haunt her now.

"Well.. A-At least we're not stuck on the train. At least we're moving." She commented, glancing once again at the Sableye on her shoulder with those deep emerald eyes of hers and continuing to move forward as the people in the crowd surged forward, apparently walking towards the entrance to some kind of tunnel.

{Yesss, but you must admit, the cleanliness of this place is simply to gag at. It's a train station for Pete's sake, why does it have to be so bright?} The Sableye retorted, tilting his head at a slightly odd angle that prompted a few of the surrounding people to back away from Avery.

"Right.. Well at least we can see where we're going. That's a plus side to not having so much trash everywhere." The girl said, now glancing around the crowd in hopes of finding a spot with less people, while she readjusted her grip on the black sling bag that was slung over her unoccupied shoulder.

{Do you even know where you're going? Yes, I know you're going to enter a silly contest of some sort, but where is it?} Fable spoke up again, twisting his head at another angle, finding it amusing that he was getting so many people to back off.

That was all it took for Avery's brain to practically stop functioning. Where was she supposed to be headed? She'd never been there before, and all the leaflets she looked at simply rambled on and on about sponsers..

"Gah, Fable.." She whispered quietly to herself, earning a chuckle from the Sableye as she did so. Turning around several times, she tried to think of something to do.. When she decided that the best option at this point was to ask for directions.

Now, by this point Fable had been successful in getting most people to back off, which only left one person in her sight, who obviously hadn't seen her Sableye and backed off, since he had been further towards the front of the crowd. He was occompanied by a particularly frightful Arbok, but it really didn't matter to Avery at this point. She couldn't just stand there and be confused.

"Um.. Excuse me.." Avery began, moving towards the Arbok Trainer, her shoulder-length black hair shifting in time with her movements. "Would you happen to know where the sign-ups for that memorial contest are?"

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
{ooc| Yay, Mika's in! Yaaaay! Mika and me go waaaaay back to the years of neopet RPGs - and she knew the origional Maxie. Our characters were arch enemies, and some how from that we became really close friends. Though... I'm lazy... and always forget to answer my e-mails. xD}

"Stop moaning, Sinbad…"
"But, Rosairie~!"
"I mean it – I fed you five minutes ago, you can't be hungry /again/..."
The girl and her Ivysaur sat on a bench behind the train's platform, both staring at a map hopefully – but for different reasons. The blonde-haired trainer was looking for the nearest mart. The Ivysaur was looking for the next restaurant.

The girl looked no older than fifteen, and her long, wavy hair was tied into a loose ponytail at the base of her neck. Her English accent was a strange mixture of French and English – she definetly hadn't had a traditional upbringing. Her clothes, her hair, and the mobile phone clutched in her carefully manicured hand. The four pokeballs on her belt were the only real sign she was a pokemon trainer – she was unusually well-groomed for a lone traveller. The ivysaur that stared over her shoulder could have belonged to anyone, and the magmar sitting on the bench beside her had far too much attitude to possibly belong to such a pathetic, dainty looking girl...

Rosairie huffed, and crossed her legs.
"Sinbad, we're lost! This is hopeless!" she told her grass type bitterly, and thrust her map into the hands of the Magmar. She glanced at the map, and folded it in half.
{Roz, calm down. We've just arrived, there's no rush.}
"But Henna!" Rosairie whined, and stomped her foot on the ground. Why couldn't the magmar understand? For years, Rosairie had watched the tournament on television in awe, relishing in the glory the trainers themselves enjoyed. It was stirring, in was enchanting, it was alluring... it was everything Rosairie had ever wanted. To be recognised for something other than her parentage, well, it was all she had ever wanted. Now Henna was telling her to calm down, but how could she? They were so close!

The whole journey had been a mass of faffing, fussing and worrying. Rosairie didn't like returning her pokemon to their pokeballs, lest of all Silence, who was easily upset. The smallest things triggered him to drop back down into chronic depression, including small dark spaces - like pokeballs. At the same time, having him around was a concern. He tended to wander off, so he needed to be watched constantly. Even now, while he slept under Rosairie's seat, she still had one eye on her Jolteon.
Vampress the Golduck was frequently banished to her ball simply because she seemed to take pleasure out of punishing others.
Out of all her pokemon, Henna was possibly the only one that was truly trustworthy - which was why she longed to win with that paticular team. They had all been through something - Rosairie didn't know what exactly - and she longed to give them a slice of pride, too.
Now they were here, in the station of Twilight city, all of the delays and strife they had been through seemed to melt away. We're here.

Henna had completely folded the map now and had stowed it back in the rucksack, using her adept monster claws. She sighed in a patient way, and sat down beside Rosairie. She pushed Sinbad off his trainer's shoulder ("oof!"), and tucked her own arm around the girl.
{Look. Relax. We'll ask someone, okay? You'll upset Si, we don't want that, do we.} she told the girl, who was on the verge of panic. The magmar knew the signs well enough, for she had spent almost her entire life with Rosairie.
{Silence? Forget Silence, what about poor Sinbad?} the ivysaur growled, and sat down on the ground with a thump. He couldn't help glance at the Jolten; the pale creature was still dozing, his head on his paws.
"I'll ask someone," Rosairie told the others, "don't move." she got to her feet and peered around.

She was looking for some sort of young, impressionable lad - someone her age, maybe, that she could turn on the charm for. She'd get directions, and if she pushed it maybe he'd volenteer to carry her bags.
Rosairie's face fell. Twilight City seemed to lack this very important ingredient. The only people her age she could see was a pale looking boy accompanied by a huge Arbok, and a girl who was dressed similiarily dully. The girl seemed to have just approached the boy, and-
"She's asking directions too!" she whispered to her Magmar. The fire type nodded, but said nothing.
Rosairie walked over, slowly, and clutched her hands behind her back. She shot both of them a fleeting smile.
"I'm looking for the sign-ups too, and-" she began, but paused as her eyes finally fell on the Sableye on the other girl's shoulder. Rosairie had never seen a more awkward looking creature, and for a moment she was dumfounded. "Uh... yeah... and I'm lost."
She stepped backwards, feeling her face grow hot. Behind her, Henna's dark eyes were narrowed.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
OOC:

Wow.. Awesomeness. XD

Everyone's lazy nowadays..

IC:

Avery hadn't even begun to ponder the strangeness of how the Arbok Trainer's shirt seemed to have been violently ripped, when someone else approached, a girl who seemed to be about the same age as Avery and was dressed rather nicely. And from what she was saying, she also needed directions.

Avery, who's attention was now on anything besides Valen's ripped shirt, turned towards the dark-haired girl and threw her a smile, not even noticing how appalled the other girl seemed to be at Fable's presence.

"Ah, don't worry, I'm in the same boat. Hard not to get lost around here, based on how big this crowd is alone." Avery said, still wearing a smile, although it was genuine and not forced.

Apparently she hadn't noticed how much less people there was around the three Trainers now, considering one was accompanied by a huge Arbok, and one had a weird Sableye on their shoulder.

In fact, Fable had begun to grin toothily, his sharp teeth glinting as he smiled, once he realized how dumbfounded this dark-haired girl was by his appearance. He was now taking this oppurtunity to twist his head at another awkward angle, his crystalline eyes void of emotion, not that you could ever tell when there was.

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
Rosairie gave a shy smile. "I'm glad. I've always wanted to..." she paused, for her eyes flciked to Fable once more. She couldn't help it, she had just never seen a creature like it before. "I'm sorry if I sound rude," she chuckled anxiously, "but what is that?" she asked, and nodded her face in the Sableye's direction so her hair bobbed forward quaintly.

Rosairie's eyes flicked up and down the girl's clothes. What on earth does she think she looks like? The combat pants, the shirt, the tank top....together, they weren't the most flattering ensomble. This other girl was pretty, and certainly had a good enough figure - if only she knew how to show it off!
Rosairie banished these thoughts from her mind, and smiled again. "I'm sorry, how rude of me... I haven't introduced myself. I'm Rosairie. My pokemon..." she gestured back at them, "are Henna, Sinbad and Silence. Please don't wake the Jolten!" she added quickly.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
OOC:

'Snot a tank top, but that's otay! =D

^ Always wanted to say something like that. XD

IC:

Avery tilted her head and raised an eyebrow at the girl's question, although she still answered nonetheless, going back to maintaining a pleasant smile so as not to make the other girl feel bad.

"He's a Sableye, and his name is Fable." Avery replied, reaching up with one hand and patting the little imp on the head. "Rosairie? That's a cool name. My name is Avery." She stated quite simply, once the other girl introduced herself.

At Rosairie's last exclamation, Fable tilted his head again, although not an awkward angle this time.

{What's wrong with waking him up? Is he cranky in the morning? Or does he simply like sleeping too much? I myself find sleep quite enjoyable but you really should find time for other things.} Fable finally piped up, twitching slightly as he spoke, all the while maintaining a devilish grin.

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
{ooc| Whoops, sorry about that Plush! For some reason I had a tank top in my head...
By the way, I actually really love Avery's outfit. It sounds kick-arse. Rosairie is a cow, though. To people she doesn't know.}

"A sableye... oh, you're from Hoenn! I haven't seen one before. Are they quite rare?" Rosairie turned her own eyes to her pokemon, all who her oggling at Avery and her impish partner with sheer curiousity. Rosairie laughed. "I liked to think of myself as an experienced trainer, back in Kanto. I guess not."
Rosairie smiled inwardly. Avery seemed nice enough... she certainly wasn't a slack-jawed local, as she had expected from Hoenn-ers. They were so far south, after all. Avery seemed smart enough.

Henna laughed merrily at Fable's antics. The creature had such a dirty great grin plastered across his face, the magmar found herself doing the same. {He gets a little worried about crowds, he calms down after a nice long sleep. We can keep a better eye on him then.}
Her tail flicked, as Silence shifted in his sleep. He was a perished looking thing, that was for certain.

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
Years
OOc-
*gaspen*
Why's my name last on the list?!*cries*

Ic-

"Oh,stop it you!"a girl grabbed her Marshtomp off the railing of the ship they were on.A Pidgey perched on her shoulder.He was more or less awake,his eyes were closed,but once in awhile,he'd open on eye,just to check that his companions were alright.

{Eh!!Cona!I wanna see the view!!}Krystal whined,gestured one flipper to the magnificent scenery the current sea had to offer.The sun had just risen,giving the ocean a glistening effect adding on to the calming waves,this was the best time to just lay back and relax,wasn't it?

"Please,you'll fall of the edge and drown."the girl,named Jacona fell back on a conveniately placed chair,absent-mindely taking out her sketchbook and a pencil from her bag.Kurner,the Pidgey on her shoulder,opened an eye again.How could a Marshtomp drown in water?It was a Water Type now,right?The bird let out a lazy sigh,not as if Krys would actually believe Cona anyway.

{What?!}the Marshtomp widened his eyes in shock,a look of disbelief on his face.The mud fish pokemon backed away from the ship's edge,and occupied the chair beside his trainer.Peering at what she had done so far.The girl covered the sketch with both hands,shooting Krys a glare with those strange-colored eyes of hers.

{Fine....}he sighed and slunk back against the chair,admiring the wonderful view again.In the distance he saw a huge Island.Twilight City it was.
---

Cona had long kept her sketchpad,hopping off the ship with a Marshtomp beside her,and Pidgey on her shoulder.On the other shoulder was the strap of her colored slingbag.She examined her surrondings,noticing that for a shipdock,it was rather on the dry side.Each ship stood neatly in place,floating on the water,alinged side to side in a straight line.The girl shrugged,bending down and feeling the wooden floor.Yep,it was dry.No litter seen anywhere too.Strange really.

{You done checking if its safe to walk?}Krys broke the silence,folding his arms impatiently.

"We can go now,I guess."Cona had never really bothered to understand her Marshtomp or Pidgey's speech patterns,not really seeing any need in it.The trainer started with a slow pace,taking in the sights and sounds of the market just outside of the docks.Food,pokemon merchandise.The girl placed a finger on her chin,recalling what the ship's captain had told her.

"Get ta' da' train station and ya'll beh finding people such's urself,-"

Firstly,his accent was rather hard to decipher.His breathe smelt odd,which caused Cona to turn away in the first place,not quite catching the last few parts.

"Got that lasse'??I could repeat tha' fer' ya' if ya' wan."

She instinctivly covered her mouth with one hand.The Masrhtomp beside her had a jump in every step he'd make,humming to a tune he had heard the television play before.{If I was a Magikarp,I'd Karp,Karp,Karp all day...Karp,the day away...}he singed,causing the irritable Pidgey on the girl's shoulder to open both of his eyes.

{When I was young,they didn't have no such willy-nilly songs.What the played were top-class music,on the jukebox!}he scoffed,ruffling his feathers.

{You're old?!}the Marshtomp tilted his head as a sweatdrop slid down Kuner's head.

Deciding to turn away from the flying type,and noticing that they had arrived at the train station,(which was weirdly clean as well)Krystal grabbed a hold of his trainer's hand.{Hurry up!!We gots to go and sign up faster!}he started dragging Cona along,pushing by-standers in their way apart.Which included a group of three trainers.One boy with an intimidating Arbok,Kuner had took to notice.A girl with a Sableye and the last one had three pokemon with her.A Jolteon,Magmar and an Ivysaur.

True,this was the day they had trained for,all the last four years of practice had come down to this day,and this day alone.What she wanted to show her father,bet he'd be watching her as she claimed the prize.That would've been the best feeling,ever.But,common courtesy was another important rule one had to follow.Cona grabbed a hold of her Marshtomp with her other free hand,stopping him in his tracks.

"Sorry abot that...I'm..I'm awfully sorry."she had suddenly lost the firmness in her voice,giving a low bow to the three trainers,not really wanting to look at them straight in the eye.Noticing that the Jolteon was asleep and there was a menacing-looking Arbok next to the boy,she backed off a few steps,keeping her head to the tiled floor of the station.The other girl,had a Sableye.Was she from Hoen too?

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
"This . . . looks about right."

Chain stood before a train platform, a small booklet held in one hand as he studied a palely glowing sign suspended from the ceiling. Hesitating, the trainer glanced down at the multi-color map printed boldly on the glossy paper. I hope I came to the right place. Scyther will probably kill me if I make him miss this tournament.

Folding the pamphlet neatly in half, Chain then shoved the paper into his pocket, further crumpling it. Then, brushing a strand of raven-dark hair away from his eyes in his usual, calm manner, he started up a flight of stairs. Shifting his green-gold eyes about him, the male noted the various trainers present in the area--some grouping together and conversing, some standing awkwardly alone, and others walking confidently to their respective destinations. Soon finding himself under the category of those standing awkwardly alone, though long experience allowed him to mask all signs of awkwardness, Chain's hand automatically reached for a Pokeball that hung at his side. Then, realizing his action, he forced himself to lower his hand as he made his way to a row of touchscreen computers.

Raising his forefinger, Chain lightly tapped the screen. Having activated the main program, he then proceeded to select a series of options--searching for any information regarding the approaching tournament. After a pause, Chain cast a wary glance about. Finding himself disregarded by those surrounding him, the trainer lightly touched the Premier Ball that hung from his necklace. Though no Pokemon emerged, a thin, scarlet beam emerged from the orb and entered the monitor.

"Circuit, bring up any information regarding the tournament," Chain murmured. Then, after a moment of silence, he added, "Namely, a map."

A burst of information flashed across the screen before suddenly halting at a single image. To the right of the displayed picture, several paragraphs of information scrolled. Chain's eyes glowed faintly, reflecting the light of the screen as he focused his gaze on the monitor. After a long moment, Chain whispered, "Good work, Circuit. Halt search." The beam of crimson light vanished as the touchscreen returned to its customary state.

Turning quietly away from the monitor, Chain noncholantly placed his hands in his pockets. I would have liked to study that map a little longer. But, it wouldn't be worth risking the attention. Briefly tilting his head to shift his bangs away from his luminous, green-gold eyes, the male brushed through the crowd and strode out of the station.

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
OOC:

Seriously? XD
Plushie ish very much happy that Charon likey! ^o^

And for some reason, 'Hoenn-ers' sounds like a cool word. XD

..I bet Valen would be thoroughly annoyed at this point in the conversation. Some random people come and ask him for directions, then start chatting it up. XD

IC:

Avery nodded back at Rosairie before responding.

"Yep, that's my home region. And.. Yeah, I guess Sableye can be considered rare to an extent. Huh." She concluded, shrugging. "But anyways.." Once she had said that, she turned back towards the curiously grey-eyed fellow, whom she had forgotten when she had started a sort-of conversation with Rosairie.

"..So would you happen to know where the sign-ups are? Or are you just as lost as the two of us? And.. Didn't catch your name." She said, her tone of voice remaining joyous as it always was. It must've been pretty weird for some random people to come up to him for directions and then start a different conversation, so she thought she may as well try to include the guy, even if he seemed.. Kinda off, now that she thought about it.

{I see! He is of the type that is.. How you say.. Claustrophobic?} Fable continued, still clinging to Avery's shoulder, but was now staring intently at the Magmar on the ground.

That was right about when a random Marshtomp attempted to push his way through the group, obviously in some sort of a hurry. Anything he said was lost to the wind, as Avery was only interested in wisely backing away before it did something crazy.

Of course, there was no need for that, for its Trainer had taken control of the situation and stopped him from going any further, backing away from the Arbok that accompanied the boy and bowed low to the ground, apologizing for her Marshtomp's behaviour.

"It's okay, brighten up! Seriously, we don't bite. You don't.. Have to bow like that.." Avery spoke up, tilting her head at this girl's behaviour and wondering if it was a bad idea to come here in the first place.

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
Years
"Its my fault either way,so it'd be best if I make my way to the tournament without causing anymore disturbances."she quickly turned her back to the group before they had a chance to even glance at her face.The trainers probably were going to the tournament.Considering that pokemon they had with them,and,the number as well.The girl,who seemed to be that trainer of the sleeping had three!
Cona only had a measly two.

"Okay,logically,the difference is just one number..."she thought,before brushing the thought out of her mind.What did she care about maths anyway?

"I'll leave as soon as my Marshtomp apologises."the girl pushed Krystal with both hands,giving him another firm glare with her eyes.The Marshtomp lowered his head,before walking past his trainer and bowing to them as well.

True,numbers didn't matter in a battle.It was the experiance her pokemon had.Considering the pokemon the three had,she was dead.And,even if numbers didn't matter,they most certainly helped.Cona bit her lip,not really knowing what to do..

{Very sorry.I'll try not to do that next time.}Krys stated slowly,wondering if it was the correct way to apologise.{That was fine my dear Krystal,lets be off then!}the Pidgey chirped,giving his trainer a light slap to the face with one wing.

"Oh!Oh,yes..."the girl straightened herself,amazing that she had kept her back facing them the entire time.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
Avery tilted her head. This girl really brought the blame down on herself, eh? Well, she certainly needed to cheer up. Once the Marshtomp had apologized, however, it seemed that she was going to be on her way. Avery decided to speak up before she walked away.

"We're going to the tournament, too. But.. We're kinda lost at the moment. Would you happen to know where the sign-ups are?" She asked, shoving her hands in the pockets of her vest. She was referring to Rosairie and herself when she said 'we', because in all honesty she had no idea whether or not that guy with the Arbok was going to participate, but she didn't have to say anything about that.

{My, my, we're meeting all sorts of people today. I bet not one of them knows why a cuckoo clock is called a cuckoo clock.} Fable commented from his spot on Avery's shoulder, chuckling lightly to himself and flicking his gaze between the gathering people and Pokemon, never settling on the same one for too long.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
''For the last time mum, it's ok! Don't get yourself worked up''
Walking through a department store was a young man whose Shiny blonde hair lit was making him stand out more then a christmas tree in June.
The boy has his Mobile Phone wedges between his chin and shoulder, while using his 2 hands to put some items into his rucksack, he looked as if he had just dropped everything
''Yes mum I know....yea, ok then, thanks, and give my love to grandad.......yes i'll head home straight after the event, it shouldnt take me long yes.......yes mum i love you too, bye''
The boy who had now turned a shade of pink from what he saw as embarassment, suddenly tripped and sent his bag flying, the items all coming out of it, he tried to catch his phone before it fell to the floor, and ended up tripping over a small green creature at his feet

''Grovyle! (oooouuuch!)''

a couple of people glanced at him on the floor before walking on, not bothering to ask if he wanted any help

''owwwwww'' he groaned ''sorry Grovyle''
he slipped his phone into his bac pocket and pulled himself to his feet, looking down at himself and brushing off although there was very little need to do so as the floor, the celiling, the whole place was abnormally clean, people were even giving him scowling looks for making the place look messy with all his items on the floor. The pokemon trainer, going by name of Jeffery James, or J-J as he preferred to be called, walked a few steps over to his rucksack and looked down at it for a moment before kneeling down and starting to thrust items into it angrily
''everything seems to be going wrong for me at the moment pal, heck i can't even walk straight!'' he managed to chuckle at himself for this and sretched out his hand to pick up the last item to see where it was barely a second ago, there now were 2 feet, he looked up and a young woman with glasses and dressed smartly was standing there. JJ stood up his bag in hand and looked at the woman, she adressed him sharply
''Please try to be a little more careful in future'' handing him the pokenav.
JJ took it from her gratefully and replied ''sorry mam, will do''
She turned about and walked off leaving JJ standing there, the grovyle leaning against the wall chewing his leech observing the scene.

JJ slipped the pokenav into his pocket with his phone and swung his bag over his shoulder, continuing to walk on ad out the doors of the mall. Grovyle followed and jimped ontop of JJ's head, JJ looked up at him ''well, grandads ill so mum and dad can't come to the ceremony this year, that sucks, this will be the first time i've been alone...

JJ had atended every ceremony with his parents and grandparents, all bar the previous 2 during which he had been either too busy on his pokemon journey, or in the last case, in the kanto pokemon league.
''And i was really looking forward to them watching me as well''

''Gro gro grovyle gro gro (well, at least we get to battle in this one, and they'll seeyou on that square box thing...what was it called again....a....''

''A television'' JJ replied ''yeah, i supoose your right, but thats IF we can even find where were going''

As JJ continued throughout the city, the amount of other people around him had slowly began to decrease, he found this very strange, perhaps they were going in the wrong direction
''Maybe we should ask for directions....what do you think Grovyle?''
Unlike a lot of trainers, JJ had not renamed his pokemon, he preferred calling them by the names they lived by in nature, to remind them that they were indeed free to do as they liked, he didn't have anything against trainers who did rename their pokemon, he just preferred not to.

Just as Grovyle was about to answer, JJ looked ahead and saw a small group of trainers, they were obviously trainers as each of the 4 had a pokemon accompinying them
''oooo pokemon, a marshtomp, a magmar, a sableeye, a magmar a jolteon...and uuum an arbok if im not mistaken, cool pokemon!''

Grovyle jumped down from atop JJ's head and was eyeing the snake pokemon curiously, its eyes locked onto the way it was curled around its master, a shabby boy who seemed very uninterested in the current goings on.
JJ looked down at his grass pokemon, he knew this look, it was never the start of a good event!
''uuum perhaps we should just keep looking'' he turned about and down a long road where more people seemed to be at the end of it, JJ looked to the right and saw a signing pointing the way he was heading that read ''station'' he ran a hand through his tidy hair and continued walking.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back