• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Super Mario Bros. 3 Fanclub!

Which version of SMB 3 you like best?

• NES

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Super NES (Super Mario All-Stars)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Game Boy Advance (Super Mario Advance 4)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
  • Even though you've missed out of the original NES version and the remake on Super NES, Nintendo did however managed to re-released it for the GBA which is now called Super Mario Advance 4.

If you do have a GBA, you should buy that incredible game NOW!

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Man this club really needs a good bumping. Now onto a subject.

You've guys might of remember a special cartoon series that came out 16 years ago called "The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3" which was made by DIC. But in Japan of 1989, it was a special time of the year. Because they've actually made a 3 part OVA anime series called Super Mario Bros. Amada!

amada-1.jpg

This never before released anime just looks simply amazing. Its a shame that it never came out of the US, but instead we had the DIC version of the cartoon series though.

You can read more about this fascintating OVA at:

http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/mania/anime_amada.shtml

Last edited:

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I wasn't born at the time so I've never seen it XD

But I have read summaries for it <3 It was kawaii while it lasted :3

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • I've just gotta find that movie so badly. But the problem is, it is very hard to find since that ova is very rare. T_T

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • try ebay XD theres way old stuff there still up to buy i would try it but im too young T.T

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I agree with Barboach n_n ebay ahs things from way back :3

I need to see that OVA :3 I'd liek to hear the Koopalings talk xD

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Now time for some trivia.

• In outdoor levels where the scenery includes large colored blocks (such as levels 1 and 3 of World 1), keeping Mario crouched down on top of a white block for several seconds causes him to fall through the block. He now appears behind the scenery instead of in front of it (although is still vulnerable to enemies). If this can be sustained until the end of level 1-3, Mario can walk right past the end, to reach a hidden mushroom house.

• If you complete a world while wearing a Frog suit, a Tanooki suit or a Hammer Brother suit, the king will say something different each time.

• The tune which plays when Mario uses the Warp Whistle is identical to the melody used for the Magic Recorder in The Legend of Zelda, and in both games the whistle summons a tornado that sweeps up the hero and dumps him elsewhere. Koji Kondo, composer for SMB3 and the creator of the Mario theme, also composes the music for Nintendo's Zelda franchise.

• The final island group in World 3 is shaped like the islands of Japan, with a gold coin in the approximate location of Tokyo and the castle in the approximate location of Kyoto, where Nintendo is based.

• Super Mario Bros. 3 contains some dummy content that was created during the development process but removed from the final version. Using tools such as the Game Genie, it is possible to reveal this material. More information can be found at The Mushroom Kingdom.

http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/

Trivia Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/super-mario-bros-3?method=22

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • My uncle told me all those secrets when I first began playing the game =D

I found the block one really interesting.In the desert,there's one beyong the dancing palm trees in the far right corner.It's literally impossible for a simple gamer to collect all 3 flutes however =0

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Yeah that's the only place I've found one of the flutes at the Desert Hill level. All you need to do is go all the way to right corner where there's a rock, than you use the Hammer to break it, and finally you go past by the palm trees where you fight a Fire Bros. to get it. I've remembered that trick since I was 6 years old! ^_^

Btw, can you of you guys do me a favor? In order to make this club more active and getting alot members aswell, can one of you guys make either a banner or a button for this club so all the members can wear it on their sigs please?

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    hey, here's a question: what did everyone think of that cartoon show by Dic? I can't say it was perfect, but pretty damn good for an American adaption of a Japanese game franchise (need I remind everyone of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within or that one Mega Man cartoon?), in fact, I'd go as far to say it's the best and most faithful Japanese->American adaption. Not only is most of the game's content and atmosphere intact, they even used the game's sound effects and reorchestrated the music.

Anyway, out of the three shows, I think Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 was my favorite. Don't know why.... could be the fact that I get more of a nostalgic buzz from it (I spent part of my earlier childhood watching that show everyday on the Family Channel, moreso than the other two. Even recording some of the episodes, and I still have that tape), or it could be the plain fact that I missed the show more since, for whatever reason, the more recent Super Mario All-stars collaboration never featured it (pretty stupid considering Super Mario Bros. Super Show episodes vastly out-number Super Mario World episodes about 5 times over). But I think it's more the fact that it adapted the game most faithfully (King Koopa's even referred to as "Bowser" at one point), and it featured a cast of loveable characters (World's Ugtar wasn't so appealing, and I didn't really like Yoshi acting so childish, and his fear of water is a great contradiction from the games. The Koopalings were in World, mind you, but not quite as much focus as here), in fact, this show is part of the reason I grew to love those Koopalings, whom I talked about earlier. My favorite episode is definitely that one where each of the 7 Koopalings use their magic wand to screw up one of the 7 continents in the real world XD. The one where Kootie Pie (Wendy O.) disguises as a human (with a tail) to seduce Mario and then Luigi disguises as "Casanova Koopa" to seduce Kootie is my runner-up.

Last edited:

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Yep,but I'll bet none of you know where the 3rd flute ish :3 (even I can't remember the exact place..but I read where it was in the Prima guide =0)
    And sure Shenlong ^_^ I'll make something =)

Ahh,yes I've seen the TV show..that's another reason why I love the Koopalings <3 I haven't seen much of the show though,so I can't dtermine whether it was perfect or fit..I'll see if maybe YouTube or some download place has any eppys..I long to hear them speak ;D

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Man the Koopalings were awesome! Not only they're the most challenging and unique bosses ever on a Mario game but the coolest as well!

koopalings.jpg

Speaking of Koopa kids, did you've know that in the DIC version of the Super Mario Bros. 3 animated series, the Koopalings were given different names due to the fact that DIC had some licensing issues with Nintendo. Below here's the list of the original name or the left sids and the names DIC assigned to them on the right side.

Ludwing Von Koopa/Kooky Von Koopa

Lemmy Koopa/Hip Koopa

Roy Koopa/Bully Koopa

Iggy Koopa/Hop Koopa

Wendy O. Koopa/Kootie Pie Koopa

Morton Koopa Jr./Big Mouth Koopa

Larry Koopa/Cheatsy Koopa.

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    I have SMA4: SMB 3 and I love this game. I have beat all the levels and even have visted the secret "ship" with all those coins.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Ahh..yes,they were adorable <3 Their all named after celebrities just in case ya didn't know <3

Wendy was like my idol back than <3 And I always thought as Lemmy as adorable :3

Welcome to the club Ridley ^_^

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • okay i finished give me your oppinions okay?
    supermariobrosfanclub6nl.png
    edit: i kindave sucked at it lol

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back