• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Types withoutweakness

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
I'm wondering are there pokemon types without weaknesses (or 1 weakness), i have found a few correct me if i'm wrong

An Electric type pokemon with the ability "Levitate" no weaknesses
Or an Dragon/ice type one weakness only rock
Or Water/ground type 1 weakness grass that;s why i choose swampert:D

any more?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Learn your type charts. o.o Dragon/Ice would be weak against 3 types: Dragon, Rock and Fighting, not just Rock.

A Psychic/Steel type with either Heat Proof or Levitate (Bronzong, anyone? =P) is only weak to one type. Either Bronzong has Levitate or Heat Proof, both of which nullify one of its two weaknesses. Can't think of any other type/combo (that hasn't been mentioned) with only one weakness, though.

Years
An Electric type pokemon with the ability "Levitate" no weaknesses
Um...Yeah, but one problem with that: No pure electric pokemon have the ability to Levitate.

Again: No such pokemon exist.

Or Water/ground type 1 weakness grass that;s why i choose swampert:D
I would count that as 2 weaknesses. I normally consider a weakness a 2x power attack, not a 4x. Thats like Electricity to a Gyarados. I guess you consider that to be better than a few simple weaknesses, for some reason...

Water Dragons only have a weakness to Dragon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
it dont actually have to be a pokemon you can just make up things

Years
it dont actually have to be a pokemon you can just make up things
But they aren't "Pokemon Types" unless a Pokemon actually has the types, correct?

A pokemon can't be without weakness unless it exists. Anyone and their Magikarp can beat a non-existant Pokemon. I would consider that a pretty big weakness. xD

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
with make up i dont mean like you can choose maked up types lets say

titanium/Magma pokemon i mean that you can combine them and think of an unbeateble type like Dark/Ghost

@ Flavaquil look at this it's from wikipedia

Electric-type

See also: Category:Electric Pokémon

Electric-type (でんきタイプ, Denki-taipu?) Pokémon have electricity-oriented powers. Electric-types often have a high Speed stat, a respectable Special Attack, and a decent Special Defense. Electric-types are also noted for having very few weaknesses, though the one weakness they have (Ground) is possibly the second most common Pokémon move type, and their usually low Defense makes this weakness deadly. Some examples include Pikachu, Chinchou, Manectric, and Magnezone.

* Weakness: Ground
* Resistances: Electric, Flying, Steel
* Super effective: Water, Flying
* Not very effective: Electric, Grass, Dragon
* No effect: Ground

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
XD, I was getting confused between Magnemite and Magneton, ever since they introduced the steel type into it... gaah... the steel type doesnt really make too much an impact, that's why I was thinking it was pure electric.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
The only Pokemon without an elemental weakness are Sableye and Spiritomb, both Ghost/Dark. However, there is a price for this. A lack of any elemental weakness was the entire gimmick behind Sableye, and to balance this its stats are lacking. Spiritomb does the same thing, only with better stats, though its speed is still quite low. Call Spiritomb an effective wall. Good for spending turns trying to Hypnotize enemies, then recover whatever HP lost with Dream Eater. Its low HP is a caution too, keep in mind.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Poison/Dark + Levitate = Electric + Levitate.
Normal/Ghost = Dark weakness.
Water + Volt Absorb = 1/2 (Water/Ground).
Metal/Psychic + Flash Fire = Ground weakness.
Metal/Ghost + Levitate = Fire weakness
Metal/Ghost + Flash Fire = Ground weakness
Ground/Flying + Water Absorb = Ice weakness

If you don't want abilities, it's too bad because Dark/Ghost is the only type combination without weaknesses.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
um...i think piloswine or swinub with ice/ground or ground/ice anyway i think its only weakness is fighting because ice counters grass,dragon,flying and possibly rock or ground counters fire,electric or water or something like that
as for ghost/dark dual types...i think you can counter it with the weakest type....bug

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
The only Pokemon without an elemental weakness are Sableye and Spiritomb, both Ghost/Dark. However, there is a price for this. A lack of any elemental weakness was the entire gimmick behind Sableye, and to balance this its stats are lacking. Spiritomb does the same thing, only with better stats, though its speed is still quite low. Call Spiritomb an effective wall. Good for spending turns trying to Hypnotize enemies, then recover whatever HP lost with Dream Eater. Its low HP is a caution too, keep in mind.

I lol heartily at the notion that Spiritomb could recover any significant amount of HP with Dream Eater. What is your obsession with that sucky move and why would you want to use that (which also requires you to put the opponent to sleep) instead of Pain Split or Rest, both of which will help Spiritomb recover HP more efficiently and without the need for any support moves. Oh, and did I mention they work with Will-O-Wisp too? But yeah, let's not halve the opponent's attack, use a combo of two moves which both whittle the opponent's HP away in a very frustrating manner (Will-O-Wisp + Pain Split) or have something that lets you get back all the HP your opponent has laboured to dent and ditch all status conditions to boot (Rest). Yeah, let's just all go with the wimpy psychic move that barely gets any super effective hits, drains a dismally small amount of HP the few times it does hit something, and requires you to rely on Hypnosis to even get it in. All together now, yay Dream Eater![/Sarcasm]

Seriously, I'm not going to let you get away with a single moment of giving that move the praise it doesn't deserve. xP

As for the only one or no weaks (yes, I know most of these have probably been mentioned, so sue me):

Ghost/Dark (no weaks)
Poison/Dark (Only Ground, no weaks with Levitate)
Electric (only Ground, again no weaks with Levitate)
Bug/Steel (Fire weak only, no weaks with Flash Fire)
Water/Ground (Grass weak only)
Steel/Flying + Flash Fire/Heatproof/Volt Absorb (Only electric or fire weak)
Normal (only fighting weak)
Dark/Psychic (Only bug weak)
Psychic/Steel + Flash Fire/Heatproof/Levitate (Only fire or ground weak)

Don't think there are any others. If you want an immortal pokémon then it's Ghost/Dark with Wonder Guard and status-ditching moves. x3

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
um...i think piloswine or swinub with ice/ground or ground/ice anyway i think its only weakness is fighting because ice counters grass,dragon,flying and possibly rock or ground counters fire,electric or water or something like that

First off, you forgot Ice/Ground's weakness to Steel. Second, while Ice/Ground as an offensive type can counter Pokemon of those types, you also have to remember that A: not all Pokemon that carry (insert type here) are of (insert type here) and B: offense doesn't really cover the fact that if you use, for example, Giga Drain on Swinub, you're still going to kill it.

Therefore, Ice/Ground has several weaknesses, namely:

Fighting
Steel
Grass
Fire
Water

That's well over the none-or-one limit.

as for ghost/dark dual types...i think you can counter it with the weakest type....bug

No, you can't. Ghost resists Bug, so with a Ghost/Dark typing, you'd still only be doing 100% damage, rather than 200%, even if you used Signal Beam or Megahorn (which, incidentally, are certainly not weak moves).

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
i have a queston lets say you have a fire/fly type pokemon and ur using thunderbolt against it would it be super effective or normal effective

100% + 200% = 300% : 2 = 150%

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
i have a queston lets say you have a fire/fly type pokemon and ur using thunderbolt against it would it be super effective or normal effective

100% + 200% = 300% : 2 = 150%

Wtf? That's not how it works at all. Weaknesses and resistances are multipliers of either 0 (immunity), 1/2 (resistance), 1 (normal effect), or 2 (super effective) from the pokémon's type(s), multiplied together if it has two. Thus, a Thunderbolt on Moltres would have the multiplier;

Fire's multiplier: 1
Flying's multiplier: 2
Multiplying the two gives;

1 x 2 = 2

Thus, it's a single weak. Simple as that. What you calculated is the mean value of the two multipliers (as opposed to their product), that's just not how the system works. xP

Back