• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What upsets you?(No flaming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
Years
  • Mean, selfish people, racists, people who abuse bunnies and squeeze the life out of hamsters, anger, hatred, lack of sleep...
    Otherwise I'm pretty cheerful. n.n()

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Keleri said:
    *shrugs* How is a married couple different from a common-law couple? Essentially, they aren't. Why not let them get married? Love is love, kids. And while I'm guilty of hypocrisy, same as everyone...isn't denying homosexuals the ability to marry rather like discriminating against them? I don't know, but when people say it annoys them that people disrespect homosexuals, and then go on to say that a g@y marriage would be disgusting...eh.

Anyway...the thing that bothers me most is when people discriminate against or do terrible things to women...rape, sexual assault, etc. Similarly with children and men, if it comes to it. It really, truly makes me sick and when I hear about it it makes me afraid to walk down the streets, I swear.

Religious fundamentalism really annoys me also. Not to say that it's not right to believe that the earth is six thousand years old; if that floats you boat, well, go with it. What bothers me is when these people try to get their ancient myths taught as ABSOLUTE FACT in our PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Similarly with intelligent design. Public schools are supposed to be a place where students can go where they won't have to worry about religion... You don't teach ancient greek mythology in science class, so why ancient hebrew? Ugh...

Also, when people smoke around me, or get on the bus having just smoked. The smell makes me ill--it's such a disgusting habit.

Heh, I think it's human nature to dislike homework, but it truly does help you understand the concepts better if you do it. *shrugs*

Let's see...racism and other forms of discrimination, as I've mentioned earlier, irk me also. Most things born from hatred and ignorance bother me, it seems.

Okay...one final thing. When people try to blame the video game/entertainment industry for all of society's ills. It doesn't work that way--if there's anyone to blame, it's the parents who don't impress upon their children the difference between FANTASY and REALITY...and the media, turning the U.S. into a society of fear. Have you ever seen a news show here in Canada? In the states, it's like 'murdermurdermurderdrunkdriverbreakinpedophilefearfearmorefear', whereas in Canada, it's like, 'Chretien is a wanker! Now let's look at some cute kitties!'.

...so...DON'T DO DRUGS, KIDDIES! *ding* ^_^
    If they allow gay marrages.. Then the human population would be going down... not up...

heh... nuff said... not to offend you. :P

and I am not against gay people.

baby*j

Years
  • And well, homosexuality is just plain wrong.For those who believe in God,its a sin,not to mention disgusting.

Well, I used to believe in God when I was small, but entering my teenage
    years I found myself questioning if there really is one. I'm not saying I DON'T
    believe in God, I'm just not sure where I stand on the matter.

Anyhow, I thought God said things like : Love eachother, we're all brothers
    and sisters

... things like that. How can we hate people just because they have
    a different sexual preference from most others ? We ALL have feelings
    and NO DOUBT it hurts homosexuals when people don't accept them,
    or make fun of them or beat them up because they like members of the
    same sex.

Doesn't it matter how we are a people ? In the inside ???

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Pink isnt just a girls color FYI , its a color , colors are for everyone! I like Pink , dont discriminate me.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Is anyone dissing pink?Pink rules!BTW, I don't hate homsexuals, I just don't like the idea of homosexuality

squirtle_girl

Zeni~!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    baby*j said:
    Well, I used to believe in God when I was small, but entering my teenage
    years I found myself questioning if there really is one. I'm not saying I DON'T
    believe in God, I'm just not sure where I stand on the matter.

Anyhow, I thought God said things like : Love eachother, we're all brothers
    and sisters

... things like that. How can we hate people just because they have
    a different sexual preference from most others ? We ALL have feelings
    and NO DOUBT it hurts homosexuals when people don't accept them,
    or make fun of them or beat them up because they like members of the
    same sex.

Doesn't it matter how we are a people ? In the inside ???

I think you are absolutely right, baby*j. Just because some people are in love with people of their same gender doesn't mean they should be looked down upon. I also dislike racism(can't we all just get along?), stereotype(you know, like the all girls talk too much, etc.), people who smoke(I think I'll die of 2nd hand smoking one day), copy cats, and school work(it's just too tiring) :P.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I hate the color pink >.<
    And I also hate homework...the teachers only give it to us to make the lazy people look dumb, it's discriminatory against smart and lazy people like me...

other things I take offense to (not necessarily hate):
    1) people who call me stupid (yeah, I'm in the top 15% of my class, and you're calling me stupid?)
    2)people who call me gay (just because I never "get some" doesn't mean I'm not attracted to girls, it just means I'm abstaining unti I'm older)

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    If they allow gay marrages.. Then the human population would be going down... not up...

heh... nuff said... not to offend you. :P

and I am not against gay people.

Um, what about all the heterosexual partners who decide not to have children? If you're against homosexual marriages because they won't necessarily result in procreation, then maybe it should be mandatory to have children in a heterosexual marriage. And I don't know about you, but I'd never get married then.

Besides, I think the number of homosexuals in a population is 8% or something (feel free to correct me, I'm not really sure). So even if all heterosexual couples were getting together and having children, that's not really a huge dent in the possible birth rate.

Personally, I'd LIKE to see the human population go down. We're destroying the environment and consuming resources insatiably...the last thing this planet needs is yet MORE hairless ape virii (yes, I agree with Agent Smith's description of human beings...).

And like I said...love is love. Sex is secondary (I'm guessing that's what some of you are considering 'disgusting'); the need for it can be conveniently replaced with other things, but a true life partner, someone you can trust your life with, feel utterly comfortable with and depend upon in any situation--whatever your gender preference--cannot be replaced with anything at all.

Love is love.

Kairi edit: Yes I took that out, it could upset people. Sorry. ^_^;

Lanceiscool

Not crazy, just unwell...
    Years
  • One of my heroes, Marlyn von Savant, was once told that someone said " If everyone in the world was gay starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being gay is wrong." She responded by saying "If everyone in the world was male starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being male is wrong. Since it is not wrong to be male, it is not wrong to be gay."

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Lanceiscool said:
    One of my heroes, Marlyn von Savant, was once told that someone said " If everyone in the world was gay starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being gay is wrong." She responded by saying "If everyone in the world was male starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being male is wrong. Since it is not wrong to be male, it is not wrong to be gay."

That's a bit stupid if you ask me. Seeing as we exist as male and female, and homosexuality only exists within a person. If I saw the person who made that statement I'd give them a battering for being so stupid. :dead:

I can't stand smokers. I think they deserve to die after ignoring all the warnings they get to quit. Take that as harsh if you like. I really don't care. Ho hum.

Years
  • Lanceiscool said:
    One of my heroes, Marlyn von Savant, was once told that someone said " If everyone in the world was gay starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being gay is wrong." She responded by saying "If everyone in the world was male starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being male is wrong. Since it is not wrong to be male, it is not wrong to be gay."
    If everyone was female we would die out too so that doesn't really make much sense.

ChocolateFairy

Fairy Of Time
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 24, 2003
    smokers disturb me...and i get upset when sad things happen in life to ppl who dont diserve to be crying there eyes out or die or get hurt or something..

Lanceiscool

Not crazy, just unwell...
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    Lanceiscool - are you gay? just wondering. i wont make fun of you if you are but im not saying you are.

No, I'm not, I just don't like people who are biased against gays. I also don't like people who are biased for any reason. It is weird, the less biased I try to be, the more biased I become against people who are biased.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • i am against homosexuality myself (not gay, but homosexuality). but that doesn't mean i discriminate them. Due to my religious beliefs, i am against it and personally i don't think it's morally right to do so as well. However we're not suppose to just dump them in a corner so they'll just continue to live this way, but try to guide them back to the right path if possible... i hate homosexuality, but not homosexual people.

other things i hate: society, sl*ts (these morons should be "cursed" *i actually meant the more offensive version of the word here* for life), people who are disrespectful, people who do the exact opposite of what you want them to do with you, people who brings you down because of their stupidity, and people (who doesn't know what they're doing) who try to be a superior leader over all others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back