• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End notes

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    In a few peoples stories I see end notes at the end of the chapters. They usually sum up the chapter for the readers.

Are endnotes a good idea? Because they can be helpful if theres a lot of info to take in, but then some readers might skip straight to the end notes and not read the rest of the chapter.

Years
  • So-called Author's Notes can always be useful, either to elaborate on ambiguous parts, the grammar, idioms, conditions on which the story was written, etc.

It's not always recommended to include a synopsis of the chapter, unless you're dealing with dense people. Maybe you might want to give little hints about the following chapter or any little details people might skip easily. These notes are fine as long as you don't abuse them to make up for a lack of solid narration/description on a chapter.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Hmm, I'm still wondering a sentence long, chapter summary at the end of a chapter be a good idea for me.

Back