• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have an odd card, can anyone help?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2004
    Hi, i'd appreciate any info anyone can give me on the following:

I have a Dark Raichu card (No 83/82) from the Rocket set. I bought it off of eBay (not out of a packet).

When i checked this card against other Dark Raichus i found that the picture was different. Instead of the black backdrop my card has a very cool red and yellow, lightning style, image. The picture of Raichu itself is exactly the same as normal though, as is the rest of the card.

The card quality is exactly like the rest of my cards, and light does not pass through it, so i do not believe this card to be a fake.

So my question is: is this card a fake, or a really really rare card?

Woolgie.

Leo

www.unowncave.tk
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    can u scan it..? maybe i can see it better..

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I've actually got that card, its not fake just very rare, you don't see it often, its a great card to have and its not fake!

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2004
    So the card is actually just a rare botched print run? Surely it would be mentioned somewhere, officially, if it were?

How much do you suppose it's worth?

Woolgie.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • That is not an extreamly rare card, I have two from packs. It was mentioned officially. That card is only special because america got that card and japan didn't (don't know if japan got it later or something, but I know at first they didn't get that card in the Team Rocket set) It is worth like the same as any older holographic, maybe $3. (unless you tricked someone into it being very rare because of the 83/82 :P) No dark raichu's I know of have a black background. Mine sure don't.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Yeah, the only reason that card used to be really rare was because it was American exclusive (Japan got it in Neo Destiny though I beleive) and it was 83/82. I got mine by trading (think it was an Ancient Mew or the Enteri promo from the third movie). They all have backgrounds like that.

Back