• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Y.Z.: Act II (PG16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
OOC: I'll be short too, partially because I'm vomitting up pure acid. x.x

I growled, my hand travelling to the hip-sheathe of my knife, not at all happy about some of the things she had told me. That's when I realised, I hadn't even gotten her name. "Min." "Thanks." I said aloud dryly, moving in towards the others. Instinctively, I selected one boy out of the crowd, a little shorter than me with spiky brown hair. I held out my hand, my right hand, obviously, towards him. "The name's Bobby Roze." I said, my face blank, but my tone distasteful. ot of him, though I couldn't exactly make that clear, but at the situation in general. "And it seems like I'm in on this jolly suicide scheme." I said, before checking my coat, shifting my shoulders to make sure my left arm was covered. After all, you didn't want to make your introduction to people by saying you were crippled. Then they just used you for meatshields. "Though I think I have only the barest udnerstanding of what exactly's going on."

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
As if Villa had ever trembled more in her lifetime, she shook without restraint now, tears welling up in her eyes as she was engulfed in a wave of utter fear and terror. Though she feared almost all the other Apostles with equal passion, her fear in Velin suddenly increased ten-fold, while her fear of Cress decreased ten-fold. She reached out a shaking hand when Cress walked away without another notion, but though her fear of him had decreased, she had been so utterly frightened by Velin that she couldn't even think of calling out his name or title. And so she stood, before dejectedly dragging her sleeves along the floor, her long fingers and nails nearly touching the floor as she walked with her head bowed but her shoulders tall. It was like this that she walked back to her room, a simple room that was entirely white. Due to Villa's purpose to the apostles, she was permitted no distractions, certainly not in the place where she could think to herself. Thus, it was almost hard to make out where the lines of the furniture met or ended.

Sitting down on the end of her bed in this vast whiteness, Villa frowned, and knew that she had to think. This was her mission, her job, and failure was not well recieved.

'And what's you're name?' The girl with the teal hair asked cheerfully as she looked over the invisible person's application.

The girl nodded, and Villa strained to remember whether the faceless person had said something just then, 'But it sounds cooler when you say it out loud- that way, I won't make a fool of myself and say it wrong, right?'

Why was this little girl being so laid back?

Why shouldn't she be?

She was doing something important, Villa remembered. She remembered wondering why such a young girl was handling such an important matter.

But even this short recollection shut out Villa's lights as she lay sprawled across her bed, unconcious with a gruesome and tortured expression with her hands loosely clutching at the long white strands of hair.

~

"Well," Adela said, slapping Reid on the shoulder, (a little harder then just light jest, but not hard enough to hurt someone who wasn't a total pansy,) "Thanks, it's great to know that we who were awake would've been of no use saving Rosaline, and with your help, it would've been a breeze. Stop acting like a tragic-hero, it's not helping at all. Either way, the creeper said he was an Apostle of Tylonstus, and thus, we can safely assume that Rosaline and the freaky-guy are both in a place that harbors a freakish- excuse me," Adela added at the sight of Aertan's raised eyebrow, "Religious interest. What are we going to find at Beta? Snow? Yeti's?"

Alicel couldn't help but repeat Reid's words however, "Some stranger who could be a burden..." She mumbled as she glared at Aertan who ignored her to the fullest, saying in argument to Adela's headstrong theory, "With the vast amount of credit you Tealian's obviously give us, we've probably hidden those monsters right in the middle of town, so obviously, we don't need to find where they are, what they want, or who they are. As far as I'm concerned, as the preacher for my respective church, I've never heard of Tylonstus having any Apostle's. Certainly not apostle's as ugly as that demon-thing. So I'd imagine that their either, not in Carn, or, well hidden enough so that nobody's ever found them before. Sure thing, let's waltz right into Carn and ask them where their Apostles are." Aertan finished with a flourish of sarcasm, leaning back into his seat.

"I think we should just go, since we're not really accomplishing anything by sitting around here." Alicel snapped with obvious irritation toward the passage of speech between Aertan and Adela.

ooc; Gah, I'm so lost as to what to say. xD; So that's why I ended the post short-up, I didn't want to just babble incessantly. Sorry! *sweat*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
"Mama's research." Faewyn replied to Adela's rhetorical question. It just came out spontaneously, but the girl was not about to take it back. This was her homeland they were discussing, and this person was trying to belittle it, "I-I took some of it with me when I...left home." she struggled hard not to let her mind slip into dark thoughts at this point, using Isair's predicament as motivation, "But I know mama kept copies of everything she ever wrote somewhere. If...if we just search around a bit I'm sure we'll find something we can use. She did work with offensive mahstion, and we need to get stronger, right?" she directed the last question to Reid, "Wionus was here specialty, but she did a lot of research on others too. And, well..." she bit her lip, "I'd like to know how that Cress person could use two types of mahstion. The answer's in one of her journals, I just know it is!"

It was then that Reid shifted the subject by mentioning that they didn't need any burdens. Though it seemed to be primarily directed at Reece, a number of others seemed to react, including Alicel and a stranger who had just joined into the conversation, the latter seeming particularly mindful of covering his left arm for some reason.

"Burden?" Reece echoed, his expression hardening slightly at the boy's rude manner, but soon reverting to the usual pleasant one, "No, I understand-" she added, raising a hand to silence Faewyn's objection, "I imagine I would want to know as much if I were in your shoes, but I assure you I'm no burden. I've served in the Tealian military for the last eight years, though seeing as how I've spent the last three years of my career patrolling some forsaken backwater - courtesy of certain officials who shall not be named - I suppose I can't blame you for not knowing. I've got quite a bit of experience in not getting myself or my unit killed, and this weapon isn't just for show either." he nodded towards the glaive strapped across his back, "But if you want proof, feel free to test my skills for yourself." he grinned confidently at Reid.

"I-I can vouch for him, Reid." Faewyn interjected, "Reece is the one who taught me how to use a staff. And, well..." her gaze traveled to the floor, "He's the first friend I ever made, so I was sort of hoping you two would get along. I know-I know that's not a good reason." she added, raising her gaze again, "But it would really mean a lot if-"

"Fay, that's enough." her friend interrupted.

"But-" the girl protested.

"I said that's enough." Reece persisted, "Look, I really appreciate you sticking out for me, Fay, but Reid's right; if my skills aren't enough then I shouldn't come along to burden the group. I want to get accepted on my own merits, you know that, right?"

"I...I know." Faewyn replied, "I'm sorry."

"Don't." Reece objected, "You haven't done anything you should feel sorry for." he turned his attention back to Reid, meeting the younger's gaze calmly, "It's your call, both on who gets to go and where they go." just as he had finished, however, the soldier's pose suddenly jerked in an odd way, his lips forming out words in a far lighter, more feminine tone than before, "If I may interject?" Sieglinde spoke through her host, ignoring his objections, "It would be prudent not to rush to conclusions about the worth of anyone in this room. As descendants of the goddess, our fates are intertwined. Whether we walk together or not will not change our destiny, but a united front is often stronger than a scattered one." a serene and decidedly un-Reece-like smile played on the soldier's lips, "Please do consider this if you truly value what's at stake." with that, the body jerked again, a decidedly disgruntled-looking expression confirming that the original Reece had returned "Sorry about that." he grit out, "But it looks like a certain fael" he received an interlude of meaningful silence from the back of his head at this point, "-got very wordy all of a sudden. Like I said, it's your call."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

As tended to be the case in such situations, Velin betrayed no sign of shock as Kira lunged at him from behind, bombarding him with questions before her more mindful sister managed to drag her down, forcing her to join her in courtesy as she presented an apology. The voices had been enough for identification, as if the very act hadn't been a giveaway. Kira and Kyra - the double trouble twins, as some of the Carn soldiers had dubbed them - if Velin could have been considered to like anyone it would probably have been these two. To an outsider it may have seemed strange, especially considering that Kira had a tendency to get on the nerves of even the saintliest of people, and in all honesty Velin couldn't quite comprehend it either. The best explanation he had was that the girl showed no fear of him - it was not the usual bravado that some put on, the kind which people like Cress thought could somehow hide the revolting stench of terror beneath it, no; Kira seemed genuinely oblivious to the prospect that anything seriously bad could happen to her and strangely enough it made Velin feel obliged to live up to this expectation in his own peculiar way. It was comforting to know that at least one person didn't regard you as a monster. Kyra, on the other hand, was one of the few apostles who actually used that head of theirs as something other than a meat shield. Besides, both had been loyal to him, and Velin rewarded it in his own subtle ways, often letting them off with less in the way of lasting pain than most misbehaving apostles - like now, in choosing to let Kira be pulled back unharmed, when an average person interrupting his meditation would have walked out at least one limb short, provided that they could walk at all. Normally, this kind of mercy would have been the queue for the offending party to make a run for it as soon as possible, but Kyra had probably divined enough of his mood to know that they weren't in the immediate danger zone, and thus proceeded to explain their case instead:

"As you know, we have have been cooped up for weeks now without work, and Azyla isn't the best man to act as an entertainer."

'Try months like me.' Velin's mind jabbed in, 'Because obviously I'm the funnyman who'll turn that frown upside down.'

"We were curious as to if you had any possible work for us."

Velin paused at this, giving the two apostles in front of him an appraising look as he pondered his response, "No further official missions have been assigned at this time." Velin replied in his usual monotone, "However..." he added, weighing his coming suggestion one last time, "If you are truly so bored, I may have a task for you." he paused, "I take it, you know that the good padre-" he always referred to the supervising cleric in this fashion, so there was hardly a risk of misunderstanding, "...has been quite...enthusiastic in his work as of late? As your probably know, he is currently in the process of attempting to prove that we are all vicious, priest-killing abominations created not by the power of Thylonstus but through inhuman mahstion experiments." this was all completely true, of course, at least on Velin's part, but people weren't supposed to know it, "From what I gather, he has even pilfered information from the secret archives to support his case; he wouldn't leave it far from his person, probably concealing it in a file somewhere within his office. The contents of this file, I admit, I'd be quite interested in getting to know. However, the file in question is no doubt highly classified, so it would be best if the good padre wasn't aware of the information passing hands. A simple distraction strategy would no doubt buy one of you the time necessary to find it." he shrugged, "Of course I have no official backing for this assignment, so getting caught would have...unpleasant consequences. As such, I won't hold it against you if you don't accept, in which case this conversation never took place. There is also some risk-free work in keeping an eye on the two failures..." again, the implication of the youngest apostles was not hard to spot, "...but baby-sitting them usually isn't a worthwhile task. That is all I can offer at the moment, so take it as you will." he gave a small, indifferent shrug, "Now that the sacrifice is here and Cress carelessly left her companions alive, I have no doubt that more work will have arrived by the end of the week. If you can wait that long, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Regardless, I will be here if anything important comes up."

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
"As much as I'd love to fight a charming gent such as yourself," Reid replied to Reece's challenge, his tone clearly mocking the other male's, while at the same time ignoring Adela for her remark, "We really don't have the time right now. If you're so inclined to prove yourself in such a manner, do it on the field. Just don't blame at me if you die." He turned bright red as his voice reached that feminine pitch Mistral had. Obviously, she wanted him to stop. Mistral was going to be a playful nuisance to him. "Sorry, couldn't resist~" She giggled in a much different mood than she had been in earlier, but broad casted this line mentally to the whole group. Reid coughed, his voice clearing back to it's normal tone. "ANYWAYS, I guess if we're planning on exploring Faewyn's theory, we should leave soon. I guess I'll leave everything to you, Faewyn." Reid said, looking at the girl with a glint of respect in his harsh eyes. "I've never been to Gregar myself, too cold. I guess you'll just have to be our guide then, huh? We should probably rest tonight and get prepared. Who knows how many of those apostles are out there? We need to find our friend..."

In the meantime, Mistral had invaded Adela's mind for one soul purpose. "Jeckt, Jeckt~" She called out playfully and randomly. "Are you planning on meeting me at any time, or were you planning on hiding yourself from me? We are to be wed, after all." Of course, since she was TECHNICALLY still Reid, and just projection herself into Adela's head, they could both hear what the two fael would be talking about.

---------------------------

As if on queue, a Carn soldier entered the strategy room carrying a paper, which Kyra automatically recognized as one of the papers the military used to assign orders. The man, despite being large, muscular, defined, and chiseled, shook ever so subtly once his eyes met up with the six eyes the twins had possession of. He held the paper out to Velin, and with a voice only a man suffering from fear could manage, explained the details listed on the sheet. "N-new information has arrived from our intelligence division involving the group Cress encountered earlier. They are a-apparently heading for Gregar, and have some sort of strange new power that Cress mentioned upon arriving back here. This group has now been marked a high level threat, and must be eliminated soon. Thus, HQ has decided to give you permission to take yourself and three of your best apostles to "rendezvous" with the group upon their arrival in Gregar. It is expected that they will arrive within two hours from this point in time." The man quickly shuffled out of the room, leaving the two girls to pin all eyes on Velin. Three of those, belonging to Kira, were full of hope, and it looked as if she was giving him puppy dog eyes. The other three eyes, like they normally were, seemed indifferent, although there was still a glint of hope in them.

-------------------

"Get up, girl."

"...Huh... what?" The blue haired girl muttered as she finally came to on the cold, hard floor. She pushed herself up on to her knees, and began to look around. She was in a cell, that much was certain, and a very small cell indeed. The bars that made up the cage were lined with lionus, meaning if she tried to break out with her own mahstion, it would be useless. She jumped a little as a tray containing a meal of bread, chicken, and water flew at her from outside of the cage, directing her attention at the white and black haired monster from which the meal came. "Who are... what are you?"

"That's a little bit rude." Cress replied to Rosaline with little real interest in his voice. While he acted indifferent, this girl could actually be of some use later on. He rose his left arm into his view, a white bandage soiled with blood wrapped around the wound Velin had given him. "My name is Cress, I'm an apostle." The girl replied with a puzzled look on her face, giving Cress no choice but to take the time to explain the situation to her. "Listen, I don't know why they want you so bad, especially since you were born as a sacrifice..." He got up and opened the door, his back turned to the girl. "But don't worry, I won't let them kill you... yet." He slammed the door behind him, leaving Rozaline to cry. She was such a naive girl from the reports he received. Would she really be of any use? Only time would tell.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
"If I die, I imagine I won't get the chance to." Reece replied to the younger male's remark, seemingly taking the hostility in good humor, though his grin may well have been fostered by Mistral's little trick, "But as long as it's for a noble cause it's all good. Better to die standing than live on your knees, I say."

Even Faewyn couldn't help a guilty little giggle at the change in Reid's tone, though she soon silenced it so as to not come off as rude. Besides, Reid's next request was serious, and the girl certainly didn't fail to spot the sentiment behind it. It was obviously taking a great deal of trust on Reid's part to give such a big role to someone else in a matter that was so important to him, and trust wasn't something the boy seemed to fond of giving, "Leave it to me." Faewyn replied, nodding confidently, "After all...I'm getting quite used to being a guide. Oh, and you might want to pack something warm." she addressed the last remark to the group in general, "The country is...pretty high up in the air, even by our standards, so it might get a little chilly. And the maps!" she added spontaneously, tilting her head, "It's preparing time now, right? I think I've got some maps and stuff here, but I need some time to find them."

"Guess I'll hit the practice field in the meantime, then." Reece remarked, "That's my kind of preparation. If you need me, you know where to find me." he waved a farewell to the group before proceeding to wander down the hall, glaive in tow.

"I guess I'll go search through my notes." Faewyn announced, "Let's meet up here tomorrow morning, okay?" with that and a quick wave of farewell, she darted off in her own direction. This was an important mission, after all, and every detail had to be considered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Despite the rather...unexpected contents of the newly arrived order, Velin didn't seem to display the least bit of interest in the messenger's news, his light blue eyes merely staring indifferently at the man, although he eventually reached out his hand in a slightly reluctant manner and accepted the piece of paper. This man reeked of fear, and it was taking some self-restraint from the first apostle's part not to lunge at his throat for it. Of all human emotions, fear was the one he disliked the most.

"Try a 's-s-sir' or two next time." he remarked impassively as the messenger made a hasty departure, duly reading through the document, as if he didn't notice the three puppy-dog eyes staring him down oh-so-endearingly. This was an unexpected turn of events; oh, he had seen a mission coming, but one requesting not only himself but also his best apostles? Velin's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, whatever these strangers had done they certainly seemed to have the high and mighty priests of Thylonstus shaking in their little ceremonial robes...yes, this was worth investigating. Besides, an order was an order.

"If I said 'no'..." the first apostle began, his eyes still focused on the paper, "...would I ever get to hear the end of it? No, don't answer that." he added, a tiny hint of teal in his hair betraying light amusement as he slowly rose to his feet, brushing off the dirt from his clothes and meeting his juniors' expectant gazes, "Third apostle Kira Zeybal, fourth apostle Kyra Zeybal, you are hereby officially assigned to work with me on this mission. Carry out your orders swiftly and efficiently and there shall be no complications. Departure will occur as soon as the team has been assembled." it was his standard speech upon assigning a mission, so every apostle save Villa already knew it by heart, but Velin supposed that some conventions had to be followed, "Has the fifth returned yet?" he inquired, pausing by the exit of the strategy room, "The failures are more trouble than they're worth, and I dislike the idea of leaving them and the sacrifice here unsupervised."

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Jeckt peered out from behind the tallest, thickest tree, its tall strong branches blocking out the moon that was shining eternally upon the realm he called home. With a serene smile, Jeckt moved out of the shadows and tilted his head forward, "My apologies for not coming to greet you earlier, Mistral, but I've a certain tendency to feel unwelcome when I arrive uninvited. It's a pleasure to meet you." Jeckt said, straightening as he held out his hand with his pale palm basking in the glow of the moonlight, "Before any talk of weddings should commence, there is something important that both me and Adela have yet to share with you or your reila, Reid. It is a very regretful prospect that we have held this a secret from the two of you for such a long time, but the time never seemed quite right."

When Jeckt mentioned the mahstion gun, Adela sat down on one of the chairs and supported her chin on the heel of her right hand, staring instinctively down at her feet like she always did when she felt like she'd lied or deceived someone. She was staring determinedly anywhere but the cream colored bag that was now sitting between herself and the back of the white chair. In her mind, this focus and concentration caused the moon to disappear, the darkness enveloping the realm as the pinpricks of stars became the only light offered.

"Lights." Jeckt said, only able to see the faintest outline of Mistral now as he peered up at where the moon once shone brightly. As he uttered the word, a number of stars seemed to suck themselves into his palm as they gathered into one little orb of light that soon scattered to position themselves about the mother tree of the forest, leaving the area where Mistral and Jeckt stood adequately light.

"In any sense, it would be best if this secret was revealed and returned to its original owner before the departure for Gregar, and so I must implore that you meet Adela and myself inside the eighteenth control room. It was set out of commission just after Adela entered the Tealian Forces, and there should be no one to disturb us there." Jeckt said smiling as Adela stood again, irritated.

"Fine." She spat in response to the people who had contradicted her and otherwise ignored her, "Gregar right? I'm going to go get ready." Storming out the door, she closed the door with a slight edge, more force then she'd intended causing most of the healers in the hallway to jump a little. Adela took a quick glance and didn't see the familiar Shiraume anywhere in sight, thus turning and heading straight for the Eighteenth Control Room, where she, Kallen, and Shiraume spent most of their free time gossiping or conversing about recent events. Kallen, however, was currently swamped, and Shiraume MIA.

The mahstion gun was starting to feel like a heavy lead weight.

~

"It'll be too cold in Gregar to wear this." Alicel said, "So I'm going to go fishing for a pair of wool tights and a winter jacket, and-"

"I think I should get rid of this tattoo." Aertan interrupted, holding his limp left hand up to the light to examine the full extent of the damage, the black glove that normally concealed the disfigured hand from view grasped lightly in his right hand, "Or maybe the whole hand in general. It doesn't really work all that well anymore anyway."

Alicel stared at the mangled hand, where the rose tattoo still glowed every other second like an eerie pulse. Though the skin around it was charred and blistered, the tattoo was still as it was the last time she'd seen it, when it sat upon smooth and ivory skin, dormant. She blinked when Geote moved forward to grasp Aertan's hand and he seemed to move away. A trick of the eye? Regardless. If Alicel was going to get a pair of stockings and jacket that matched in some possible way to her outfit, she'd better get moving soon. She left the room, having already announced her destination and goal.

"Give it here…" Came a hoarse hiss of a voice, a deep rumble and Geote beckoned for the hand with his fingers as the fanged mouth upon his palm spoke the words with some difficulty.

Aertan stared with wary eye before also exiting the room without a word to Geote.

~

"So what do you think about it?"

"I was unable to figure out how it works."
Came the calm reply, "I'm unaware as to even what century it comes from. Is it new, is it old? I cannot deduct this information, nor can I comprehend where this young man may have even gotten hold of this device."

Standing amongst the wooden crates that now occupied but a small walkway in the middle of the small room of the eighteenth control room, Adela sighed and stared at the flickering screens that produced a small bit of light, enough to walk through by.

Fingering the cold of the gun swathed in her red bandanna, Adela shut the door that had hung slightly open, and contemplated her situation.

Engaged to someone she'd never known all that well, and never liked because of his connections with Commander Milo.

She'd always treated him like a son anyway. Adela frowned and mumbled to herself, "So this is her ploy..."

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
"The fifth apostle, Arturo Plasterez, is currently on a reconnaissance mission. I can only lead myself to conclude that he is where this information arrived to us from." Kyra replied to Velin's question as she watched her sister in the corner of her eye. Kira was getting worked up at the thought of leaving the filthy place, and Kyra did not want the twin to do something that would get them off the mission. "Knowing Arturo's nature, it is most likely safe to assume that he is including himself into these numbers, meaning we only need who we have in this room. We'll meet him later. In regards to the prisoner, has the Carn military not charged Cress with the task of watching her? The boy is a little defiant, but I doubt he would try anything in our absence, if that's what you're worried about. Besides, Azyla can watch him if you are that concerned." Her reasoning finished, she stopped talking, her sister following suite just in case. All that was left was to wait for their next orders.

------------------------

Reid had difficulty multitasking mentally. Between listening to Faewyn, and the conversation between Mistral and Jeckt, he kept getting lost and mixed up. When Faewyn concluded with her suggestions and suggested time of departure, all Reid could manage was a nod, distracted by his mental, female companion and her antics. Reid was intrigued though, what could Adela possibly have been keeping from him? He had a vague idea. It was never found at the scene of the crime. He mentally kicked himself. Thinking of it made him feel angry, very angry for some reason, and Mistral returned to her realm in Reid's mind upon sensing it. Mistral knew it, but Reid did not: chances were being reminded of his fight with Rod would strongly affect his negafael's presence, which would not be a good thing in the long run. After all was settled, and Adela ran off, Reid called after her, "Er... OKAY! SEE YOU THERE!?"

He departed soon after, walking through the white halls that now permitted a lovely yet mystifying orange glow from the setting sun outside. He made a quick pit stop by the room now harboring the unconscious Commander Milo, but the doctor turned him away claiming she needed more rest. Having nothing else to do aside from leaving to go to his Tealian military sponsored apartment and rest, Reid headed for the eighteenth control room, getting somewhat lost along the way. When he eventually found it, he pushed open the door, only to find himself in a room with very little light. "Erm... hello?"

"Jeckt~" Mistral called mentally.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
"Hey!" Adela gave Reid a bubbly grin from one of the crates piled near the ceiling, leaving just enough room for her to be able to sit up straight, "I thought you might've come faster then you did. I've been so serious all these past few weeks, my face almost hurts from frowning so much." Laughing, Adela hopped down and rummaged through her bag, her smile dissolving in place of a frown as she searched. Pulling out the blood caked bandanna that covered part of the mahstion gun, she grasped it tightly and glanced at Reid.

"I'm sorry I didn't give it back to you earlier. It was Rod's, right? The weapon that made that hole in your leg?" Adela said pulling the bandanna off and discarding it. In the gleam of the flickering screens, the device in Adela's hands glinted with a devious shine, and she continued, looking to her side rather then toward the gun and Reid, "I'm going to give it back to you, and I don't really care what you do with it afterwards."

Holding the mahstion gun out she added, "And I'm not going to tell my mother 'no' for real. I can't do that. I don't know you at all, but if you don't want to marry me, of if you, 'want to make your own choices' like the Princess was shouting about before she was kidnapped, then do it. I won't feel bad, if that's what's stopping you. But if you decide to marry me, then I have one thing to say to you."

Jeckt smiled and peered into a small crystal orb, responding to Mistral's call many many sentences too late, with a calm smile upon his face, "Yes, Mistral?"

"You're not allowed to die."

~

"O-Oi!" A healer dressed in a white button up coat and pressed pants stammered, as a trio of them watched with wide eyes.

"Shut up." Aertan snapped, "Come back when it's done if you can't watch. I'll call you or something."

The three scrambled out of the room as Aertan examined the small scalpel in his hand, mumbling to himself, "This'll hurt."

Geote held up a large butcher's knife and Haeon't slapped him and poked his eye with her sharp claw in annoyance.

"No Haeon't, that's a good idea." Aertan said, reaching for the knife that had clattered away when Haeon't slapped Geote, "It'll probably hurt less since it'll be one movement, you know? Geote, you want to do it? Just from the wrist down."

Geote snatched up the butcher's knife without hesitation and aimed carefully, swinging it about as Aertan diverted his gaze and Haeon't switched her mouth to her eye.

And blood puddled on the floor as a hand and a pulsating rose tattoo hit the blood with a sickening splash and thud.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
As usual, Velin heard out his fellow apostle's reasoning to the end before making any kind of response.

"If, say a week ago, I had asked you whether or not Cress could be scared off by a handful of children in Tealian uniforms, would you have replied 'yes'?" he inquired rhetorically, "If there's one thing I've learned about Cress Alberto Thylonstus it is that he can not be counted on for anything." the first apostle shook his head in distaste, "But...no matter. I suppose we can spare Ayzla to babysit the both of them." in all honesty, he would have preferred the second over the fifth; Plasterez had a bothersome tendency to simply come and go on his own accord which had never sat well with him, still...he was certainly preferable to either of the two at the bottom.

"Very well, then." he said at last, "We leave forthwith. If you need any belongings, gather them immediately then meet me up at the roof. We'll be flying by natural wind so as to not announce our presence to the prey." he stretched out his wings a bit, feeling the urge of the muscles to finally get to work again. It had been too long since the last mission...far too long, really. It was about time to remind the world why you didn't anger the first apostle...

"Your movements are too wide."

Reece merely grunted in response, twirling around on the spot and bringing the glaive around in a tighter arc as he slashed for another training dummy, the sharp metal head slicing in through its right elbow and vertically down to the hip, cleaving it in two. He had thought that he knew how frustrating a training session could be, but when his newly acquired fael companion had started finding little faults in everything he did, right down to the way he held his weapon, the soldier had come to appreciate just how soft and merciful his old drill sergeants had been. Reece grimaced; what the hell had he been thinking asking Sieglinde to help him with his technique?

"Balance." Sieglinde's voice scolded, "You extend too far forward when you attack; a skilled opponent could easily knock you off your feet."

"Gee, thanks for the encouragement." the soldier remarked sarcastically, making a quarter turn and slashing up a third training dummy's stomach, stuffing material leaking out onto the ground as he turned to face the one remaining dummy, assuming an offensive stance.

"Less comments, more focus." the fael retorted calmly, "You're a big boy now, so start acting like one and relax your grip - the last thing you want to do is drop your weapon in the middle of a battle."

"Don't know what I would do without you..." the soldier huffed, doing his best to relieve the tension in his arm.

Reece had a vague impression that somewhere in the depths of his mind, that tiny smile was spreading on Sieglinde's face, "I'm afraid to find out." she replied, "Tighter grip. I said relax; not slouch. We're going to keep going at this until you get it right."

Oh yes, this was going to be one long training session...

"Ah-hah! Found it!"

Faewyn lunged up from her chair, triumphantly holding up the journal between her fingers, even as the small mountain of paper scattered across the desk in her room flew in all directions, "They're all here, every last map I drew." she smiled fondly at the faded pages of the journal, especially the colorful, wobbly-lined map titled 'Our House', "Thanks Isair, I had no idea that you could scroll through notes like that."

"There's no need to thank me, Faewyn." the fael replied amiably, "Your gain is mine, after all."

"Oh, right..." the girl replied, "Well, I'm grateful anyway."

For a moment, she had the feeling that Isair would object to her illogical reasoning, but instead a small burst of polite laughter filled her head, "In that case you are quite welcome, Faewyn." the fael said, "Is there anything else I may assist you with?"

"Let's see..." the girl replied, turning to consult her most recent notebook, specifically the checklist scribed onto the first page, duly jotting down a small mark beside 'Maps', "Alright, we still need...medical supplies." her expression turned more serious, "We don't have Rosaline with us, so we have to be prepared to heal any wounds we might get."

"A good call." Isaire concurred, "I believe the medical ward was down the hallway over there?"

Faewyn nodded, quickly swinging her messenger bag over her shoulder while clasping the notebook in her right hand as she strode out of the room. And sure enough, it didn't take long for her to notice one of the local medics, crouching outside of the room.

"Excuse me!" the girl called, "I would like to request some medical supplies for a special mission in-"

"S-supplies?" the doctor looked like he had seen a ghost, cold sweat running down his brow in streams as he stared at Faewyn, "No, you know what-go ahead! It's completely against protocol, but go ahead! You dot people are all insane; take what you need! Self-amputate as many limbs as you damn well please! Just see if I care! I should have taken that damn lawyer education!" he threw his arms up in frustration, stomping down the hallway without giving Faewyn any chance for further inquiry.

"Self-amputation?" the girl echoed quizzically, "Oh come on, who would possibly want to-"

It was then that the soft but unmistakable thud of a severed hand striking the floor carried out through the door, though to Faewyn this was of course little more than an undetermined noise. She didn't like the sound of it, though.

"Faewyn...are you sure of this?" Isaire inquired as the girl reached a shaky hand towards the door handle, "You may not like what you find on the other side."

'I know.' the girl replied, gathering her composure for a moment before pressing down the handle and throwing the door wide open.

Even though part of her mind had known that only one of the so-called 'dot people' could be both reckless and composed enough to amputate their own limb, it didn't make the sight of Aertan's bloodied stump of a hand any more pleasant, and Faewyn couldn't help clasping her mouth with her free hand. She soon composed herself again, though.

"Aertan..." she began hesitantly, "Do you need a hand?" she paused, realizing what she had just said and quickly pressing on, "Sorry, that was a bad choice of words on my part. I-what I meant to say was: do you need some help with that? Taking care of your arm, I mean." she finished to forestall the possibility of the priest offering her that bloodied hatchet one of his ghoulish companions was currently holding onto.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
"But..." Kyra held her tongue. She new better than to contradict Velin's words, even if they were purely accusatory. If it had come to the point where four apostles had to deal with this 'handful of children', Cress was most likely justified when he made the decision to flee. "Never mind, I apologize." She bowed apologetically, before turning her back to the man and beckoning for her sister to follow her out the door. Things are going to become difficult around here soon. Common sense would suggest retreating, but Kira would never go with me, and she can sense my presence as I can sense hers, which would ensure my recapture and discipline. It seems conclusive that I have no choice but to remain here and hope nothing too terrible occurs... She thought to herself as she exited the door, taking one last glance back at the man beyond the darkness of the room.

-​

"Adela... this is..." Reid's voice quivered as he firmly took the weapon from the girl's hands. He had originally be thrown off by Adela's cheery attitude towards him, but he could see that it had been a guise to mask how she was really feeling about the whole ordeal. He held it out in a manner that suggested he was going to fire it, but didn't. "This is how he held it before he shot me. Before I... killed him." He suddenly aimed the gun at Adela's head, his eyes glazed in a dark green colour.

Inside the realm of his mind, a battle was ensuing. There was Mistral, and some other girl who appeared similarly to Mistral. Her shade of green was darker, her eyes blood red, and dressed in dark green armor that was reminiscent of a samurai, with a long thin sword appearing to be of a similar origin. "Don't interfere, weakling. I'm taking control now, thanks to Reid's instability in regards to that strange, delectable weapon." She licked her lips as she gazed upon Mistral, who was already on her knees from taking a sword blow to the stomach, her blood puddling up on the ground below her. Her breaths grew thicker, longer, as she attempted to create a plan of action. If only Maelstrom hadn't sneaked up on her and dealt a blow before she had a chance to notice her presence. Though this was a negafael she was talking about. It wouldn't play fair. "What's the matter? You understand what will happen if I destroy you, right? You'll be locked in the back of Reid's mind just as I was, unable to do nothing but watch as we destroy everyone and everything." Luckily for Mistral, this girl talked too much.

Feeding off of Reid's energy, Mistral got to her feet and made a mad dash towards the dark side, wionus forming around her fist, until it began to glow brightly. Thanks to Reid's energy, she was capable of moving fast enough that Maelstrom was incapable of dodging. She threw her fist up in an uppercut manner, and the wionus exploded upon impact, engulfing both girls. As the smoke cleared, Maelstrom was nowhere to be found. Only Mistral, falling onto her back onto the ground, burns coating her body in addition to the large sword wound horizontally through her stomach, and another up her right arm.

At the same time of Mistral's collapse, Reid did the same. His form quickly changed so that Mistral was the predominant material body, although her wounds were still present in this form. She managed to murmur a meek whisper of a "help..." before the usual glow around her body faded and her the glint in her eyes disappeared suggesting she had lost consciousness. "ADELA." Reid contacting the girl from within his own mind. "She needs treatment NOW! She told me that she needs another fael to transfer some of their energy to her to help heal her wounds, but even after that she'll require a full night of rest to fully recover. I've let her my material form until then, please have Jeckt help her!" Of course, Adela would most likely be thoroughly confused as to what was going on.

-​

Cress gazed into the darkness that was holding cell number 33. He had been charged with taking care of this prisoner as well, and loathed it greatly. She always insisted in talking with him about the strangest things. His likes, dislikes, his life in general. He had no choice but to abide, however, he had been charged with giving this girl whatever she wanted, within reason. "Yo, I'm here." He said in an uncaring manner towards the shaded figure. Despite what he liked to think, he kind of had a soft spot for her. All he received from the darkness was a loud cough. "You sick?" Cress sighed as he planted his hand on his head. "I'll have to go get medicine then..." As he turned to walk out the door, a voice beckoned him to stop.

"Wait, I'll be fine. I'm more concerned about you, anyways." The voice was alluring, noble, and hinted that it usually possessed some strength, though it had worn weak and dull after the time she had spent locked up.

"Me?" Cress raised a brow as he tapped his right index finger on his chin. "Stop being illogical. I captured you, why would you of all people worry about ME?"

"You have no memory, do you? You're in much pain, both mentally and physically. Perhaps if you-"

"SHUT UP. You don't know me, so stop talking like you do." He silenced her, before turning his back to her, a fresh grin appearing on his face once more. "Say, how would you like to go see your sister?"

OOC: Dun dun dun.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Aertan could only manage a small choke of a laugh at Faewyn's words while he tried his hardest not to grasp his arm in writhing pain. He brushed his sleeve across his eyes just in case, (but he wasn't going to cry over something pansy like this, of course,) and swallowed a lump in his throat. A priest, but as one could see from his rather pathetic muscular build, Aertan was certainly not cut out for dealing with pain like a man. Haeon't lead Faewyn into the room as she explained the situation, while Geote swung the door shut behind Faewyn, but not before wrenching one of the two remaining shaking healers into the room by the collar.

"You see," Haeon't said in the raspy hiss that belonged to the hand she was embodied by, rather then her normally obnoxious and commanding voice, "The hand that was cut off had the tattoo on it, and it's quite a dangerous procedure to remove the tattoo but keep the hand. Master decided it was best to be rid of the thing entirely, as, after all, it was already burned and disfigured to the point where it was nearly useless, and it would simply be a nuiscance later on."

"And he's got an extra pair of hands anyway, right?" Geote cackled, referring to himself and Haeon't while picking up the tattooed hand and devouring it in one gobble.

"Thanks for that." Aertan choked out, turning a slight shade of green at the sight of Geote swallowing his hand. He would've liked to say more to the arrogant hand, but he was sure that if he said anything more, he'd definitely throw up.

"You there." Geote spun around to face the healer who seemed to lose all and any courage at the sight of the bloody fangs and mouth that spat words at him, "Heal it."

"Before it gets infected." Haeon't added in explanation, before picking up a roll of white bandages and ointment that had already been prepped beside the tray Aertan's now stump of an arm rested upon, "If you'd like to help, you can bandage it up after he's done healing. After all, we can't heal it all at once, that's just not something you can do, so it'll have to heal manually, says Master Aertan." She placed the bottle and bandages in Faewyn's hands before floating back to her place next to the arm, switching her mouth to her eye.

Aertan ran a hand through his white and red hair as the healer set an orb of Lionus around the bleeding arm, and Geote cleaned up the blood on the floor by sucking it up like a vacuum. As the Lionus stopped most of the bleeding and numbed the pain, Aertan let out a shaky breath before turning to Faewyn with a somewhat irritated yet intrigued expression, "What're you doing here anyway??"

~

Adela's first reaction to when he aimed it at her in demonstration was to take a wary step back. And what a right move that was. She blinked when his eyes glazed over and her eyes darted from the door back to Reid's face. She could think only of getting out of the room where Reid pointed that device point-blank at her, the device that had cleanly shot through his bones as if they were jelly. And the thought of defending herself or attacking back hardly seemed like an option to her. The idea of being his fiancé had already sunk in.

"R-" Just as Adela started to say his name in a trembling voice, he collapsed, and the device clattered to the floor. Adela's first instinct was to fall to her hands and knees, and push the gun away, letting it skid across the floor before turning back to look at Reid who had promptly changed from him to Mistral. Adela couldn't hear Mistral's murmur, but Jeckt did, and inside the realm of Adela's mind, Jeckt frowned.

With this tiny movement, the crystal ball in Jeckt's hands shattered into pieces, like glass, and Adela's eyes turned a very bright shade of yellow, and the tips of her hair that normally flipped upwards began to curl in as they started to dye themselves black, the color seeping up her teal locks like a poison.

"I can't say I'm particularly fond of this outfit…" Jeckt joked as he turned Mistral onto her back and brushed her hair away from her forehead. It was quite obvious that there wasn't even the slightest trace of mirth on his frown and serious face. He touched the tips of his index finger and middle finger to Mistral's forehead and a black goo began to ooze from his fingers like black honey, his hand dissolving away as the goo made it's way from Jeckt's hand into Mistral's forehead, the wounds along her body beginning to close themselves and the burn receeding.

"Reid," Adela called back, "What's going on?!"

When Jeckt's entire hand had dissolved away, he stood up, taking Adela's body with him, and grimaced as he squeezed his wrist and the same goo came bubbling up to form a new hand. Looking down, Jeckt examined the blackening cuts and the burn that was now only a patch of angry red skin.

"That should do fine. The blackness will fade once my hand has finished doing it's job." Jeckt shrugged, smiling as Adela stumbled back to her hands and knee's in surprise at being put back in control. Picking up the crystal ball with his right hand, the glass having pulled itself back together so one couldn't even tell it'd been broken. Jeckt smiled pleasantly and said, "If Mistral needs more help, tell her that she's free to call for me. But she should be well enough to be able to stay in Reid's mind now, as I quite dislike being in that dress of yours."

Adela noticed first that Jeckt's entire left arm was gone, and she examined her own right hand before glancing at the gun.

"It's best if neither you nor Reid touch that at the moment." Jeckt intervened as Adela reached out to pick it up, "I'm missing a chunk of my power and that device doesn't seem to favor plufael's over negafael's. It wouldn't be surprising if the same happened to me as did to Mistral if you touch it… Although…" Jeckt glanced at the trunk of the largest tree with a smirk curling upon his lips as he gazed at a heavily chained up boy with a passive look upon his tanned face and yellow eyes, orange strands of hair hanging in his eyes just as Jeckt's black fringe hid his own eyes, "I don't think Xaviae is going to escape anytime soon."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
"You...can talk?"

Faewyn couldn't help the question as one of Aertan's ghoulish hands addressed her, but as it continued by ushering her inside and explaining the situation, she kept quiet so as to not miss out on anything important.

"These are his faels, I believe." Isair explained.

'Really?' Faewyn shot back, having forgotten about the little 'mental link' bit Mistral had explained about, 'But I thought faels just lived in your head? Why are they...you know, growing out of his wings?'

"That I don't know." the fael conceded, "It may be that the faels of your friend here are simply more strong willed than most, or perhaps this is a reaction to the mark of Thylonstus." he gave the mental equivalent of a shrug, "Of course this is all speculation...probably best left for another time."

'Right.' Faewyn replied, placing the checklist and bag at a nearby table before accepting the objects Haeon't offered her, carefully measuring out a length of bandage and soaking it in the ointment. The healer's mahstion may have healed the worst of the gruesome wound, but it was probably best not to touch it any more than absolutely necessary. Aertan was taking it all surprisingly calmly, but odds are that it was just shock. If this was the case, however, the priest certainly wasn't showing it, seizing on the relief granted by the healer's efforts to ask what Faewyn was doing in the room in the first place.

"I just came to get some supplies for the mission." the girl replied truthfully, grasping Aertan's arm a fair bit above the wound and starting to wrap the bandages around it. Normally, she would have been a bit more hesitant about touching Aertan like that, but this situation was different; he wasn't the creepy hunter person right now, he was just someone in pain, "I mean, we don't have any Lionus users with us so, when-" she paused, quickly correcting herself "-if someone gets hurt, I want to be prepared. I don't want anyone to suffer..." she sighed, wrapping an additional layer of bandage around the stump that used to be the former priest's hand, just to make sure that it held, a distinct undertone of sadness in her usual cheerful voice, "...there's been more than enough of that already." for a few moments, an awkward silence hung in the air as she finished her work, but eventually Faewyn broke it.

"There, it's not too tight is it?" she inquired, "Oh, and Aertan..." the girl gathered her courage, looking the person she had hated so strongly mere weeks ago straight in the eye, "I know that it hurts, your faels know that it hurts, there's no-one else around and none of us are telling on you, so you really don't have to hide it. If that wound starts acting up, let me know right away, okay? You don't have to deal with everything on your own."

Her little speech thus finished, Faewyn took a deep breath, breaking the eye contact and placing bandage, scissors, and ointment aside before starting to rummage around the various cupboards in search of supplies.

OOC: Oh my, looks like I have no need to go multi-perspective with this one. Will wonders never cease? xD

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Normally, Aertan would've adamantly protested to letting anyone touch him, certainly when he was still letting the fact that he would never be able to use his non-existent left hand ever again sink in. As such, he simply held his arm out in a sort of haughty grudge-like way as Faewyn bandaged it up. While he silently brooded over the turn of events that put him here in the first place, Haeon't hovered over the bandaged wound with great interest, but not before saying indignantly, "Of course I can talk! You think I can even see with that ridiculous tattoo on me? If they brand that thing on me, then they've branded it on my real body too you know! Tylonstus! Feh!"

Aertan instinctively looked to where his left hand had once been; expecting the burning sensation that usually overcame him whenever these discussions were taking place. But instead all he saw was the bandages and felt little more then the reduced throbbing pain of no longer having an arm there. The sharp sting had been ebbed away thanks to the Lionus, but the original burning and pain from the loss of his hand had felt somewhat similar to the tattoo when it was at its worst. He resisted the urge to smile at the difference in his freedom now that he was without either the burden of Carn, or the evidence of his family heritage. Aertan listened politely to Faewyn's words, inquiring about the bandages and the pain.

"The bandages are fine. And it didn't hurt too terribly. I'm not going to cry for you if I've already stopped myself." Aertan shrugged, "I'm decent enough to be a wuss on my own time."

He paused and thought about what Faewyn had said earlier.

"Are you talking about Rosaline, Alicel, and Princess Juliet?" Aertan asked, blinking as he stared down at his stump of an arm, "Suffering is inevitable, if you don't mind me saying. You shouldn't bring it on yourself to stop others from suffering when you're going through just as much yourself."

He stared at the door, where Geote had roughly tossed the healer out when Faewyn had finished bandaging Aertan's arm, "You're looking for your parents, aren't you?"

Closing his eyes in thought he sighed, "I forgot to ask about it, and it didn't seem like a pressing issue when I went back to Carn after Haeon't was injured that one time. I wasn't lying, in that cell when I told you I didn't know anything. But, this is just something I thought of after that monster showed up. You said earlier that they were snooping about stuff Carn didn't want known. There's this freaky priestess at my church, and she's obsessed with Tylonstus. Can't get her mind off of it."

"When I was younger, she told me that the worst criminal's are judged by Tylonstus. I thought it was just to scare me into not doing bad things, but I was thinking about it before I cut off my hand… That weird monster thing that took Rosaline away. He said he was a representative of Tylonstus, didn't he? He probably knows all about it. You should ask him, when we find Rosaline."

~ + ~

"You seem to have forgotten that Aertan was a Svartel."

"I didn't forget. I just don't think I should gawk at him every passing minute and demand answers from him about something that shouldn't include everyone else. They don't know I'm not a Florinen, remember? I'll ask him about it some other time." Alicel thought as she wandered through the halls, having successfully procured a white double-breasted coat lined with matching white fur lining the rim and inside, "Besides, it doesn't matter anymore. Rosaline is more important, isn't she? I'm looking for Rosaline and he's looking for Juliet. We should make sure they're not sacrificed before-..."

"What? What's going on?"

"This whole thing. Aertan was only coming with us before so he could save Juliet right? But before that, he was fighting to capture Rosaline to save Juliet. His ultimate goal is to save Juliet."

"I thought we'd already clarified that."

"We did. But think about it. Aertan's goal has already been fulfilled." Alicel sank into a chair, "Rosaline was captured and brought back to Carn. So... why is he still hanging around?"

"Well duh, [/i]Juliet is still missing dumb-butt." Kranius reasoned with a dry voice.

Alicel let out a breath, "I suppose."

~ + ~

"Ouch." Villa said in a harsh voice as she opened her eyes in one swift movement, "My head hurts."

Sitting up she grabbed a fistful of white linen sheets and wrenched them off the bed she'd been laying upon just earlier. As the white fabric fluttered silently to the floor, nearly invisible against the white floors and walls had it not been for the light, Villa blinked.

"Oh." She said in a hurt tone as she hurried over to pick it up, "I'm sorry." She said to nobody in particular, simply feeling the need to apologize. Staring at the white sheets in her hands she frowned slightly before taking a deep breath. Walking over to the white desk while letting the sheets slowly trail out of her loosened grasp, she stared at the blank white paper already prepared on the table and picked up the black pen, examining it silently before sitting down to write her report, brushing her sleeves back to reveal long fingers and nails. The way Villa wrote was certainly a sight, using only the tips of her nails to drag the pen back and forth in neat script. And this particular report caused her to pace back and forth as she tried to get rid of the nagging migrane that kept coming back after every other paragraph she'd written.

"…ADELA!" Villa shrieked, remembering the little girl's name.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
OOC: After you two get one more post in after this, I'm going to time skip to the next morning. Sorry it's so short, I have to make haste.

Reid struggled to get up after bringing Mistral back into his mind, his breathing obviously heavier than normal. Apparently is anything happened to Mistral, he received some degree of her burden himself. He safely assumed it worked in reverse as well. He staggered to the room's exit, glancing back at Adela one last time. "Don't worry, I won't die. When I decide on something, I'll see it through to the end. While I can't be certain what lies ahead, I'll see through whatever you choose." That was the best response he could give to accepting the marriage for now. It was true, the future is full of surprises, no single person can identify what is to occur next, at least not in detail. Anything could occur. And with that, he left towards his apartment down the street from the infirmary.

He arrived at apartment number 343, on the third floor, and made haste to pack for the next day, before crashing back onto his bed. As he stared up at the ceiling, he couldn't help but reflect upon everything that had happened during the day. Despite the face he had put on during the day, he was torn up inside, but he wouldn't allow anyone else to know that. Rosaline's kidnapping, Milo's injury, the fact that he almost killed Adela, and then Mistral's injury. In the end, he began to cry before falling asleep.

The night came and went, and Reid was greeted at a very early hour by the sound of thunder and lightning outside. He stirred aimlessly for a few minutes, before eventually removing himself from his soft and warm slice of heaven that was his bed. He wearily made his way into the small bathroom provided, and flicked on the light, which blinded him temporarily. He almost had a heart attack when his vision cleared, and he found himself looking at Mistral in the mirror, which just turned out to be him in her form again. "...What are you doing?" He sighed aloud in Mistral's voice as he pulled her bangs out of his eyes, before quickly losing control as the arms moved on their own to lift up their white bed shirt to reveal their feminine stomach. Where there was once a large sword wound, was now perfectly smooth and untainted skin, as Mistral demonstrated by making the hands rub the stomach, before Reid finally kicked her and her form back into his head. "Would you stop doing that! You could have showed me that inside my head you know!" He scolded her, but only received a giggle in return. He proceeded with getting ready, showering, brushing his teeth, dressing into his outfit from the day before (he intended to change into something warmer during the flight), and packing the last few items into his bag. When he went to leave his key with the front desk, the manager delivered him a message. The night before, Reid had requested the staff book a flight to Beta, and they had delivered. The manager had informed him of this, and claimed he had sent out several other staff to notify his companions. They were to meet at the eastern docks of Meredy in half an hour.

Reid arrived there about ten minutes early, the rain still pouring down accompanied by thunder and lightning. He walked along the dock and glanced down towards the ground very far below that was inhabited by the wingless, before glancing at the ship that was to take them to their destination. Flying ships were a real piece of work. Completely run by wionus, one ship could carry a maximum of 80 passengers with the use of only two wionus users. Reid sat on the dock's end as he waited for the others.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
ooc; Hm, I guess I'll just... go, since I won't have much time tomorrow. *I don't think I will, anyway...*

ic; "Thank you!" Alicel said cheerfully as the mail man took her letter in hand and flew off, with his mail bag secured to his side and his over-grown pidgeon wings beating the air for lift-off. She had taken the last few minutes of the day to go shopping with Adela, who had insisted on her coming with her. She hadn't been able to find any woolen stockings in the Base anyway, so Alicel didn't protest. Not like she got the chance to anyway. Deciding that she would definitely find a way to get some sort of income eventually, Alicel sighed and picked up the drawstring bag that held her coat, stockings, gloves, and other things she thought she might need in Gregar, before looking up at the dreary sky. What a depressing send-off. Though their mission wasn't exactly a positive one, anyway.

"BIMBO!!"

Alicel stiffened and frowned at this nickname Adela had officially assigned her. She really wished the little girl wouldn't walk around shouting it.

"Are you ready to go?" Adela grinned as she splashed through the rain puddles, holding an entirely black parasol, while defending her new white and green polka dotted winter jacket from the wet weather with Dation. Alicel assumed that the parasol was also made of Dation. Though it was hardly cold, even with the rain, Adela had stated to Alicel earlier on that she would probably fall asleep on the flight, and she was quite the demon when stirred from a nap.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Aren't you hot in that?" Alicel replied, referring to the black stockings and green boots.

"Not really, since it's raining, it's cooler, and it's not like I can wear my regular shoes in the rain anyway. They're cloth, so they'd get wet and crummy. Besides, I like this outfit. Let's gooo!"

As the two walked toward the Meredy Docks, Adela talked about everything from archery, to stuffed animals with a smile on her face, while Jeckt sat silently in her mind, facing a chained up Xaviae with a peaceful expression while he peered into his crystal ball. It was reflecting scene's from this morning, when Adela had rushed out of the house and into the base to pick up the mahstion gun in which he'd forbidden her to pick up the day before. She wasn't about to leave it behind for Kallen to find. It was dangerous, after all. And what it did to people was the scariest of all. He looked up from the crystal ball as it came to the scene where she touched it, and switched from a third party view, to Xaviae and Jeckt, who were both observing Adela as she picked up the gun and stowed it away for a second time.

"Are you going to attack me, in this window of opportunity?" Jeckt's smile turned into a mocking smirk while Xaviae sighed indifferently.

"There's not much point. The chains are fixed to equal my power, so if I get a boost, then the chains will too, right?" He said in a bored tone.

"That's right." Jeckt laughed, "You've finally resigned yourself to fate, hm? Now I wouldn't try any tricks again, I know why that gun gets heavier the longer Adela carries it. Don't feed it, you sneak."

"What I do is my business, as long as I'm all chained up, right?"

"And my favorite stuffed animal is Moo-Moo, and he's a cow. I like polka dots, and his spots make him look like he's wearing polka dots, but I guess I like Firedoggie, he's my Dalmatian. He's a stuffed animal too though." Adela was saying as Jarek taunted a nonchalant Xaviae, blocking his and Xaviae's exchange from her ears, "Hey, I never found out, where are you from? Carn, like Rosaline?"

"No, I'm from Alta." Alicel answered as they approached the docks, using her mahstion to guide the water away from her so that the water fell away from her, "Though my entire family is from Carn, and my hometown is pretty close to the border. Aertan is in my family, though I'm not sure how we're related. Judging by our ages, he's probably my cousin or something."

"Ohh, so that's why you don't have a tattoo. I was wondering about that." Adela said skipping ahead and walking backwards, "I'm a natural born Tealian. But I guess not many kids my age could get into the Tealian Forces if you weren't originally Tealian anyway. Oh, actually, Aertan could be your brother you know."

"No, his mother died a few years before I was born, the book on our family says so." Alicel shrugged, "He kind of gives me the creeps."

"I think he's funny!" Adela laughed.

"...Funny...?" Alicel sweatdropped, unable to recall any instance in which Aertan could possibly be even connected to the word 'joke' or 'laugh'.

~

"You're here awful early." Aertan said flatly, walking up to Reid and taking a sweeping glance around to hopefully catch sight of someone else who had gotten here just as early as them. Aertan was early merely because as the one who originally a villain, he wasn't about to go and let their imaginations romp about, making theories as to why he was late. In the morning he had gone to the infirmary to have his arm re-bandaged, and it was as Haeon't said; it looked considerably less gruesome, though still odd nonetheless. Over his head, Geote held an umbrella he'd borrowed/stolen from the infirmary, and this kept Aertan quite dry, along with the help of his wings. Draped over his shoulder was his jacket, double breasted and lined with fur. So he was a priest. Didn't mean he had no money for a jacket. After the pain and shock had dulled off even more then when he'd been discussing his theory to Faewyn, he'd gone and asked a healer to sew on an extension to his sleeve, so no matter which way he moved his arm, nobody would have to bear witness to the stump that made he himself gag as well.

"Hmmm." Aertan turned around and peered down the streets that lead to the dock, still hoping to see someone who would save him from having to strike up conversation with a brat who shot an arrow through Haeon't. However, he promptly turned around when he saw his two saviors. Definitely not his first-rate choices.

"Hi guys!!" Adela called as she waved to them enthusiastically.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
OOC: Sorry for not posting yesterday. Dad's birthday sort of ate up the time. x3 Ah well, random time jump time, go!

By the way, did we make a random shift from Beta to Gregar at some point? 'Cause, it started out Beta, the snowy place (just checked the post) but now everyone's going Gregar, the place that moves about every which way. So umm...which is it? o.O

IC:

The night had passed in a flash for Faewyn. She had barely managed to lay her head on the pillow when a crack of thunder had announced daybreak. The weather was hardly the most invigorating around, but Faewyn didn't mind. Her conversation with Aertan yesterday had left her feeling strangely optimistic. He was a nice person, even though he tried to hide it and looked so imposing, the former priest really was a nice person deep down like she had thought. Granted, this was the way Faewyn thought about most people, but it was a pleasant surprise to find that she had actually been right for a change.

As such, Faewyn was as chipper as could be as she strode down the rainy streets, invoking a number of quizzical glances from passers by. In preparation for the trip, she had reluctantly conceded to exchanging her tank top for her old shirt, thrilled to find a sweater of a shade very close to the color of the switched out garment in a store. It wasn't her outfit that got the stares, though, it was the breeze that followed her, gently but firmly altering the trajectories of the incoming raindrops so that they fell just short of the girl.

"Good morning!" Faewyn called merrily as she spotted her friends on the dock, giving them all a wave in greeting as she strode over. Her glance subconsciously shifted towards Aertan's bandaged arm, but she caught herself in mid-action and managed to feign having stared at the ship behind him in awe instead. After all, she was genuinely impressed by this type of machinery. She really would have wanted to ask how the former priest was holding up, but given his wish to "be a wuss in his own time" as he had put it, he would undoubtedly not have appreciated the question in such company. And speaking of company...Faewyn blinked.

"Where's Reece?" she asked no-one in particular, re-adjusting the strap of messenger bag to a slightly more comfortable position, "Isn't this the time we were supposed to meet?"

Faewyn didn't need to wait long for her answer, though, as a loud shout broke through the morning air.

"Wait up!" a dot of red hollered from the distance, growing larger at a rapid rate. Soon, it was close enough to be identified as the figure of Reece; the soldier was in full sprint, and by the looks of it he had spent the morning in exercise, sweat mingling with the raindrops running down his soaked, blonde hair and face. The soldier, too, seemed to have gone through an outfit change of sorts, his usual shirt and trousers now covered by a thick overcoat in the same garish shade of red as his shirt and the light, sandal-like footwear replaced by a pair of heavy, dark brown boots. As Reece came to a halt by the group, he took a few seconds to catch his breath and brush his damp hair aside from his face before turning to give the group his usual confident grin.

"Sorry I'm late." he remarked, still panting lightly from exhaustion, "I finally got it just right, so I sort of lost track of time on the practice field. So, are we ready to go? I'm itching to put this new technique of mine to the test."

Within the combined mines of the group, an ever so slight martyr's sigh escaped Sieglinde, "I did try to remind him about the time." she remarked, "But Reece insisted on going another round. My apologies for this delay. And Isaire, is that really necessary?" she directed the last question towards Faewyn's mind, indicating the re-directed droplets.

"It's no bother." the fael replied calmly, "And considering the temperatures we're heading into, it wouldn't be prudent to arrive soaked. Speaking of which..." through Faewyn's eyes, Isaire turned his glance to Reid, "Perhaps we should move somewhere more sheltered? We have too much riding on this mission to jeopardize it by having someone catch a cold."

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
OOC: Sorry, that was a typo on my part. It was late when I made my last post. Also, sorry for taking so long. I've had a less than desirable amount of homework this weekend.

Reid perked up in shock as Aertan addressed him upon his arrival in a flat tone that reminded him of his father. He got to his feet once more, and looked the man over. Something definitely seemed different about him, and Mistral confirmed this by saying she wasn't sensing as strong a dark aura from him as he had been exerting the day prior. Reid's eyes eventually wandered over to Aertan's side- "HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?" Reid and Mistral shouted in absolute unison, both verbally and mentally towards Aertan's fael. Yup, part of the man's arm was certainly absent, which wasn't exactly a natural occurrence. "I certainly hope you know what you're doing..." Reid sighed as his arms fell back to his sides, eyes twitching in irritation, "We don't need another burden." He made an implied reference to Reece, who had arrived late. Perhaps it was because of the situation with Rod, but Reid had become much more suspicious of people. Mistral hoped he wouldn't become some dried up kid who trusted nobody by the time their journey was through.

Now you two lovebirds settle down. Mistral joked as she entered the conversation between Sieglinde and Isaire. We haven't formally met yet, have we? I'm Reid's fael, Mistral, nice to meet you! She curtsied in her sundress in a cute manner, before making contact with Jeckt. I guess I owe you a debt of gratitude. I probably would have died last night if nobody was around. Meet us out on the deck in about half an hour. We have something for you guys. Mistral proceeded to cut off her link with Jeckt, and returned to her 'conversation' with the other two, leaving Reid to blush and avoid eye contact with Adela for the time being.

With all said and done, Reid proceeded to board the airship. It was an even greater sight to behold while on board than off. The entire thing was designed similar to a blimp, however the construction of the body was reminiscent of ancient pirate ships, although made of steel and lined with rows and rows of seats on the deck and below. In fact, these were the types of ships sky pirates used, albeit modified. The ship finally departed, giving the passengers a clear view of the vast world below them. They flew over many small floating islands, the minuscule oceans, both the desert and small forested lands of the Underneath. From up in the light purple sky, the world looked so small. They traveled for about half an hour before Reid chose an empty area on the deck to meet Adela upon. The temperature was slowly becoming cooler as the went further north. It would be time to change soon.

------

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!? GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF THERE!" Cress shouted out of pure hatred at the large man in the white lab coat, whom of which stabbed the apostle in the stomach with a large knife, not saying a word, and leaving the knife there, which in turn sent Cress to his knees. "DAMMIT. ANSWER ME." They were in what appeared to be a lab, and Cress was badly beaten up, a sign that he had dared to resist the Carn military during the night. Not much was in this brightly lit white room other than a large chamber that appeared to be in use. On the ground beside Cress in a painful position was Azyla, whom the scientist had shot upon the entrance of the two apostles into the lab with a strange, black, metal device.

"What do you think I'm doing, seventh?" The man replied in a voice that touched on insanity as he ripped the knife out of the boys stomach, spilling his blood upon the floor even further before kicking him onto his back. "I'm creating an eighth, one more powerful and obedient than that damn Velin, as per Padre's request, of course." A grin formed on his face, a grin that made Cress want to get up and choke him. But alas, his vision was fading quickly, along with his ability to move. If only the others weren't away on a mission. Whether or not they liked Cress would have been irrelevant, none of them would have stood for THE Padre scheming against them, especially by utilizing prisons meant to be shipped to the capital.

"...Bastard..." He murmured before passing out.

"Now, I hope when you two wake up, you'll realize who you're dealing with.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Aertan leaned back slightly and stared up at the rainy sky with a bored expression, stuffing his hand into his pocket as Reid discovered his loss of arm. He listened patiently, and stifled a yawn midway through. He was getting tired already.

"A burden?" Aertan raised an eyebrow, glaring down at Reid with great distaste, "Even if I cut off my hand, I still have one more hand then you." He waved lazily at Geote and Haeon't before replacing his hand, "Either way, you shouldn't refer to us as burdens, because quite frankly, that's not the best way to go about making allies. I'm sure you wouldn't be all too thrilled to go face that apostle all by your little lonesome."

In the meantime, Adela grinned at Reid while pretending she didn't notice his actions of avoiding her gaze as she pressed down on her messenger bag, loaded down by the lead burden of the mahstion gun. Again. She wasn't too keen on staring at him either, seeing as having a gun pointed at you wasn't exactly something to recover from a few hours later. And so, she covered up her discomfort by rambling off to Alicel for the second time about her stuffed animals. (Only one of which actually existed.) As she listed them off, Jeckt smiled and nodded to Mistral, telling her that they'd definitely be there, and that she owed him nothing. He was still sitting in front of Xaviae, though the latter had long ago nodded off into a restless nap, his head dangling limply from his neck as he was propped up by the chains. Jeckt turned back to his crystal ball and ignored the conversations that the other faels were participating in. He had no interest in trivial things like that. The chains were getting weaker, after all, and it was Jeckt's duty to make sure that Xaviae stayed right where he was.

By the time that everyone had safely boarded the airship, Aertan had made himself comfortable in one of the sitting rooms, trying to ignore the unskillfully hidden glances at his arm while he read from an adventure book set in Carn. It was hard to get used to turning the pages with just one hand, but wasn't all too difficult to get used to, as the book was paperback, and Haeon't held the other side. (It was still quite awkward, regardless.)

Adela had stationed herself on Aertan's right, giving a cheerful wave to anyone who happened to glance at them, just to notify them that they sucked at indiscreet glances. After twenty minutes of this, Adela hopped up from her seat and left without a word to Aertan, who did just the same. It was a short one-way trip to the deck, but having bumped into Alicel, who was dressed in her black stockings, gloves, and white winter coat, Adela paused to chatter away to her. Thus, she stalled for time this way, leaving her 3 minutes late by the time she opened the door leading to the deck.

She searched about for Reid, and caught sight of him soon enough. Faster then she'd anticipated anyway.

Waving, Adela took even strides while listening to Jeckt address Mistral.

"To what do we owe this pleasure?" Jeckt said with a smile, the crystal ball turning into a ball of dation and seeping into Xaviae's chains as he left Adela's mind.

"Hi!" Adela chirped with a smile identical to Jeckt's, but it was soon replaced with a chiding tone, "Hey, you were sitting out there in the rain without an umbrella? You're still soaked, and it's cold out here!"

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
"Okay, that is the ship approaching holds the targets." A voice just dripping with a thick Spanish accent spoke to the apostles atop a snowy hill. The large red eyes of the voice's origin glared around at the rest of the group before him, although they peered more curiously at the purple haired twins across from him. Arturo Plasterez was, for the first time in his very short life, nervous. Nothing was going according to plan. First of all, against his own personal request, those damn Carn uppers had modified his request to include Velin, meaning that it would be difficult for him to keep command, despite knowing the most about the issue. Also, those damn twins were here. The only two apostles who weren't battle tested for their original purpose was to serve as guinea pigs for further experiments, although this was interrupted after a certain turn of events that was never released to them. Now, to top it off, the ship carrying the targets was half an hour early, meaning it must have caught some good wind on the way.

Arturo Plasterez was a boy no older in appearance than fifteen years. His black hair was long (about to his shoulders) and straight, with a sheen that suggested he took care of it like it was his own babe. Arturo had the roles of assassin, spy, and thief in their happy little apostle brigade, and his physical appearance and choice in clothing reflected that. He was lean, yet muscular, the length of his legs and arms suggested he was quite flexible. Height wise, he stood around 5'9", 5'11" if you included the two inch black horns that pierced through the black hood shrouding his head in darkness. The hood over his head was attached to a thick black cloak that was seemingly too large, as it flowed over the length of his arms and hands. This was for the better, however, since it gave Arturo a place to hide his claws and various other instruments of death for his missions.

The boy with the Spanish accent spoke once more, this time shouting orders and an explanation. "Okay, since the ship is almost here, I suppose I should give you all an update. You see..." Arturo proceeded to explain to the group what he had overheard. This included everything about faels, negafaels, and the power it gave those stupid kids. The Carn soldier that was mandatory in any apostle operation shook his head in a manner that suggested he didn't believe the story, but Arturo shook it off. "Kira and Kyra, your targets are the one's known as Reid Davies and Adela Ciaccio." He handed the twins a picture each, and their long, forked, dark purple tails began swishing back and forth in both curiosity and excitement. While Kira seemed absolutely elated at how cute the boy she was going to fight looked, Kyra was rather indifferent, as usual. She still couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. "Velin, you are charged with the disposal of Faewyn Ayre and Reece Everard, and I personally have been assigned with Aertan Svartel." He handed Velin the pictures cautiously before removing the photo of his own target from within his cloak. "So, then I guess... OPERATION COMMENCE."

------------------

"No, no, I'm not cold." Reid lied blatantly. His skin was already losing colour and his hair taking on an icy appearance. After all, they were half an hour ahead of schedule, nearly at their destination. Reid cursed himself for not changing earlier, and Mistral cursed him as well. After all, if he was cold, she was cold. Despite his lack of body heat, Reid's face was giving off a reddish hue, much like Mistral when Jeckt entered her domain of an endless sky, in which the two stood upon a lone piece of rock floating amidst a vast blue sky. Reid had been thinking about it ever since the night before. What were his feelings for Rosaline? What were his feelings for Adela? His mind had been bogged down by such things overnight, but he had finally decided on an answer. Mistral ignored Jeckt's question, and approached him until she was less than an arms length from him. Reid did the same, only in regards to Adela.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands." Reid and Mistral spoke out at the same time. Reid proceeded to hold his right hand out to Adela's left hand, and he dropped something in her hand. It was a thin, gold chain necklace with a charm on it shaped like a majestic, golden butterfly. "Don't open your eyes yet. That necklace belonged to my mother. You see, my dad gave it to her as an engagement present along with the ring..." At the same time, Mistral had dropped a silver necklace of the same design into Jeckt's left hand. Furthermore, Mistral moved in closer to Jeckt, and took his hand with with the bracelet, and planted a kiss on his lips. Before he knew what he was doing, Reid had done the same with Adela. His face turned bright red after about five seconds, and he broke away and changed direction so that he wasn't facing her. "S-s-s-sorry! I-I-I don't know what I was doing!" Mistral turned away from Jeckt as well, suggesting she seconded the notion.

Reid's attention was suddenly broken by an overwhelming force of mahstion. "Aw, and here I was hoping you were single. You're so cute, after all~" Reid's gaze was directly directly behind the pair, and it set upon a pair of children. Twin girls to be exact, but Reid recognized the mahstion signature that proved them not to be human. He reached for his bow and knocked it, aiming at the one who had spoken.

"Dammit, more of you damn Apostles. What the hell did you do with Rosaline!?" These two girls were definately apostles. For one, they had long, dark purple tails that were forked like a demon, they had fangs, claws, and not to mention a third eye each.

Kira's pastel purple eyes met Reid's own green eyes, and she bared her fangs in a grin. "I hope you know you don't stand a chance. It'll be a shame to scratch off that cute face of yours."

"Adela Ciaccio." Kyra spoke, void of emotion. "Presently, you do not possess enough power to defeat me. My eye can show me that much. It would be best if you dropped your weapon and surrendered peacefully."

Meanwhile, Arturo blasted down the door of the sitting room hosting Aertan Svartel with a shot of dation. "Come out, traitor. It is, how you say, nothing personal. However, Aertan Svartel, I must dispose of you."

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Though she'd been somewhat expecting it, with how embarrassed Reid had been before, everything was still a big bang of a surprise. Refused the notion was not something that had even crossed her mind, but she'd been too shocked and nervous to return it. With the necklace still resting in her flat palm, Adela turned even deeper a shade of red then Reid, as she listened with interest to how Jeckt had responded. He didn't seem embarrassed at all. He smiled and chuckled as he closed his hand around the silver necklace.

"Thank you for the necklace and the kiss." He said gently, "And in return, please, allow me to show you-"

"N-No it-it's okay! I-" Adela stammered, as flustered as Reid herself, as she tried to think of something to say.

But Adela's hand automatically closed protectively around the necklace when a voice interrupted them, while Jeckt's smile grew wider. The two apostles were possibly even more repulsive then the first she'd seen, and she wondered if they, too, would have two mahstion. Did they wield Lionus? It was all Adela could do, to keep from switching opponents with Reid. Even if he'd already given her the necklace, a pang of jealousy at how open the apostle was about Reid shot through her and she wanted to tell her that not even the most desperate guy would even look at an ugly butt like her. But Adela was more surprised at Reid's kiss then the news that the calmer (somewhat less irritating) apostle delivered to her. She wasn't all that powerful, to be sure. But this didn't stop her from getting agitated. Agitated and terrified at the same time. Jeckt laughed, though it sounded a bit more like a cackle then his normal, good-natured tone, at the apostle's words. He didn't feel agitated. He didn't feel the slightest hint of terror. And his expression was being written over with a malicious grin as his yellow eyes slid to Xaviae, who'd awaken to witness Jeckt's exchange between Mistral. He looked positively livid.

"Jealous?" Was all Jeckt had uttered before Xaviae's snow white hair instantly turned black, the fael struggling against the white chains which were also slowly turning a distinct black color as they were strained. The sound of metal scraping and knocking against metal filled the air as Xaviae yelled various curse words at an indifferent Jeckt. Though the chained up fael managed to break one link, there were five other different chains that bound him to the tree.

With this sudden change in the setting of her mind, Adela stumbled back and clutched her head as a splitting pain passed as quickly as it had come. The struggle hadn't stopped, but Xaviae's sudden power-boost of mahstion had settled, and his black hair had turned white again, the chains still black as he struggled fruitlessly, now silent as the remaining chains held him tight. Jeckt waved his hand around lazily, adding power to the chains while peering down at his crystal ball, his smile fading just enough so that one could hardly tell whether it was a smile or not. After all, he could stay in Adela's mind if he wasn't smiling. But, Jeckt was far from pleased. The satisfaction in getting a kiss from Mistral in front of Xaviae quickly washed away as he watched scene's play out in the crystal ball.

"Don't interfere." Jeckt snapped at Xaviae who stopped struggling for a moment and peered with curiosity at Jeckt's newfound bitterness. But he continued his fight when Jeckt frowned and he heard the crystal ball shatter.

"Surrender?" Adela snarled at the apostle as her voice deepened in the slightest, finally responding as she regained her balance as though nothing had ever happened, "Well alright," Jeckt's voice said casually, "But you first." Jeckt moved Adela's hand into her side bag and fished about for a split second. He knew exactly where the gun was. The fishing around was just for effect. And so in another split second, Jeckt had whipped out the gun, while aiming it at the apostle, and his dark expression grew passive. It had taken longer then the limit Adela had given him, for him to find out what it did, and how to use it. But, the crystal ball had granted him a worthy note.

"Stand still, okay?" Jeckt said flatly, before pulling the trigger, and feeling the mahstion in his hand get sucked out like the gun was a vaccuum.

~

Aertan looked up from his book as the people who had been around him scattered at the sight of the apostle. Sighing, Aertan dog-earred the page he'd been reading before letting go of the book, Haeon't putting it back in the pocket of the black coat that lay in a pile beside him. Standing up, Aertan brushed his shirt off before examining the apostle himself. It was certainly ugly, and swathed in a cloak with huge hideous horns.

"Hmm..." Aertan said sighing, "I don't see why they're suddenly making a fuss about being a traitor. It's not like I suddenly changed my last name to Svartel yesterday." Shrugging, Aertan waved his hand once toward Geote who's eye switched to the circular fanged mouth, "But, it's everything personal." Aertan said with a displeased expression, "Wanna chat about Juliet?"

But Geote didn't want to chat, and Aertan had no mind for peaceful negotiations for information. Not with this devil-spawn that talked funny. As Geote burst into flame, Aertan pulled out a small glass sphere, no bigger then a small bell. In fact, it even made a clear chiming sound whenever Aertan shook it. If anyone would've recognized it, Alicel would've been the first. But regardless of who recognized it and who didn't, he handed the sphere to Haeon't who, after getting a good grasp on it, rushed after Geote, the both of them stretching out and out to attack the apostle.

"It will be, as you say, 'un estallido'."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back