• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
In fire red,how do you change the pokemon that comes out of prof.oaks pokeball in the beggining?

Are you talking about the Title Screen or in the lab?

If you're talking about the title screen, I don't have a clue

If you're talking about the Lab, use A-Starter ;)

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Thanx but what hex editor would you mostly recommend since their's a variety and I don't know what to pick.

Well I've always just used WindHex32, it doesn't matter much, you just need to make sure the hex editor you do use supports thingy tables, quite a few people use Translhextion or Thingy32 I think aswell.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
You know that battle in Emerald where you teamed up with Steven to fight Maxie and his subordinate? Is it possible to do a battle like that, IIRC, it's a Multi Battle, in FRLG? If so, how?

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Hi. In my UnlzGBA, I try to import a picture of Brawly and it aborts it. I switched the pointer to free space. It SEEMED like it let me go, but when I switched back to it, bam. Erika's still there. I DON'T WANT ERIKA! HELP!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
A lot of people talk about .ini a lot.
What does that stand for and how can u use it?

code4242

Can You Crack The Code?
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Does any one have a text editor for pokemon gold? i really need one for my hack asap!

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
I got the hex but it's in japenese or something. how do i change the language?

it aint japanese
it's basic hex
pokemon is coded
which is why you need the table file i posted in the last one
somewhere in the headings of the editor should be open thingy table
if you rename it as gold.tbl and open it in the hex everything will be in english :)

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Hacking gold with gold map 1.6 beta. Does anyone know where I can find the names/titles/description of all the warp numbers (like where warp 1 would lead to)? Also where can I get the title/name/description for all the events on goldmap (item 95 found, player chose cyndaquil, 42, etc.)? Are they on a table or a .txt or .ini? Where can I find them. Also, how do I change the color of the pallette and is importing .bmp or .png possible on TLP?

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
no the tool bar is japanese so i can't do anything

Unchk any choices you put under where it says japanese and look all the to your right side with the black font. As you scroll through it you'll see the texts and you can edit them there.

EDIT: wait what tool do you use? Translhextion is what I recommend for gsc hackers.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Hacking gold with gold map 1.6 beta. Does anyone know where I can find the names/titles/description of all the warp numbers (like where warp 1 would lead to)? Also where can I get the title/name/description for all the events on goldmap (item 95 found, player chose cyndaquil, 42, etc.)? Are they on a table or a .txt or .ini? Where can I find them. Also, how do I change the color of the pallette and is importing .bmp or .png possible on TLP?

How to Script In Gold Version! - The PokéCommunity Forums
Scripting Compendium Gold/Silver

BMP can be imported into TLP,
those 2 links contain the numbers
and, warps refer to map and bank numbers, warp 1 , 2 ,3 etc are unique to a map
for example
you would set a warp point on one map to warp number X on map Y bank Z

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Thanks. This helped a lot. I've also picked repeated warp problems with the info. Also the thread linking is a great help. Thnx a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back