• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon: enchanted arms

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    Hack of: Fire Red, or possibly even "pokemon Quartz"-a hack of pokemon ruby(or emerald, im not too sure) which i think is an amazing hack with amazing fakemon. (created by "baro")
    [Edit] i've now decided to hack pokemon sapphire instead of fire red, as i feel i can get better results.[/Edit]

Name: Pokemon: Enchanted arms

Main story ideas:
    You play as a 19 yr old guy/girl who was used in a scientific experiment by Prof. Raiger.
    The experiment ends with the hero's arm becomes mutated and seems to be emitting emennce radiantion.
    The heroes arm also appears to be emitting an elemental force (based upon your starter)
    You are sent to Prof. Yokohama, who tells you that your arm is not a unique thing, and that there is one other person known to suffer from the same thing, the hero's rival, who has found that he/she has the ability to absorb pokemon's powers and use them as he/she desires, however this causes him/her immense pain.
    You are also told that as your rival uses his/her arm's powers, they increase in strength.
    You are sent to find the limits of your arm and how powerful it can become.
    You are also given a pokedex (which will have a different name in the game) to record all the pokemon you have absorbed/seen.
    Along with the pokedex, you are given special pokeballs that will allow you to absorb the pokemon without going through asmuch pain, she has also informed all of the pokemarts in the region to only sell these balls to you.

Features
    absorb all new fakemon, aswell as some heondex pokemon.
    Team Icuras, creating human/pokemon cross breeds(which at a late point in the game get released as wild pokemon)
    New region, yet to have a name.
    {Edit1]thinking of using evolution a different way, instead of pokemon evolving, you collect certain things to evolve it. e.g. evole charmander>charmeleon you have to own a level 15charmander and 1fire crystal. does this seem likea good idea, given that pokemon will be absorbed not physically used in battle?[/edit1]

I'm interested in your thoughts on this, and would greatly appreciate any help that you could offer.

Team:
    I will be needing to put together a team in order to complete this hack.

Urgently needed.
    Need slight help with.
    No longer needed

Mapping
    me
    empty
    empty
    Spriting
    me
    empty
    OW spriting
    me
    empty
    Scripting
    me
    empty
    Beta testers
    empty
    empty
    empty
    Title screen editor
    me
    empty​

Test screens:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    i dont mean to uneedingly add to the post, but does this sound like a good idea?

I dunno... Baro most likely will not allow you to work off his game.

And as for the rest, it seems like an okay idea... I'd like to see if you could really pull it off. At least an alpha with some screens.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    It wouldn't be that hard actually, first, he changes the pokeball sprite. Next, he... that's it.

also, as the player wont be fighting with pokemon, but instead the main character, ill be changing the back sprite of every pokemon to become the players arm, unless i make it so you can only be a guy/girl (depending one which one i make as a better sprite) in which case, i'll make the back of every pokemon the main charcter.

i'll also need to change the beginning of battle sprites (where the pokeball is thrown) to the character like charging the arm's power.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    machomuu is right, you are going to need ask Baro if you can use Quartz. If you don't ask it would be considered Plagiarizing someone else's work, which is against the rules.

i've decided not to use pokemon Quartz, i am going to ask baro for permission to use some of his pokemon in my hack, but nothing more than that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    the arm thing is kind of creepy, but a neat idea. and not actually physically using pokemon in battle seems odd, beacuse pokemon is a party based rpg

(the difference between party based and solo os the use of other characters. solo you only controll and level one character though you may have teammates. party based is where you have more than one character and level them up all at once.)

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    the arm thing is kind of creepy, but a neat idea. and not actually physically using pokemon in battle seems odd, beacuse pokemon is a party based rpg

(the difference between party based and solo os the use of other characters. solo you only controll and level one character though you may have teammates. party based is where you have more than one character and level them up all at once.)

hmmm true, im trying to work a way of incorperating the idea of being able to change which arm power (e.g. pokemon) mid battle, and a reason for the trainers fighting you, when you obviously dont have any pokemon, if i can find a way of including pokemon and the arm thing at the same time i will, but atm i have no intention of doing that, nor any ideas of how to do that, any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    also, as the player wont be fighting with pokemon, but instead the main character, ill be changing the back sprite of every pokemon to become the players arm, unless i make it so you can only be a guy/girl (depending one which one i make as a better sprite) in which case, i'll make the back of every pokemon the main charcter.

i'll also need to change the beginning of battle sprites (where the pokeball is thrown) to the character like charging the arm's power.
    No, it's going to have to be the whole player, otherwise it just looks weird.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    No, it's going to have to be the whole player, otherwise it just looks weird.

i thought about this, and im either going to have to make it so you can only a male, or have the two players looking extremely similar, but if i have to go with only a male, i intend to make two versions of the game, a male and a female one, as i dont wish to rescrict the player, that will also mean that i'll need two testers, one for the male game and one for the female.

i'll also be updating my first post in order to put a team together to help me in completing certain tasks that i may be unable to do.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

i also plan to make the arm look different depending one which type the pokemon is, for example, if its a fire pokemon, the arm would be a sorta redish/orange and with flames on it, so it looks like its on fire, and with the dark pokemon it'd be sorta blackish/grey and sorta look like the corrupted prince's skin (in prince opf persia two thrones?) those are just a few ideas.

Back