• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
NEvermind, i found out the problem... I dont have a .net framework on my PC... I gotta install one now... lol
(I used YAPE before, but I had to re-install windows on here... so it deleted my framework, heh)

What is so different about Hiche's version of YAPE? And is it public, cause I don't want to take someone's beta or something that I should not have...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yes, as Ninja Caterpie said, 2 is Up, here are teh facing directions.
1 - Down
2 - Up
3 - Left
4 - Right

Totally true, but why remembering values when you can rely on #defines?
Code:
compare PLAYERFACING FACE_UP

See std.rbh for more cool stuff.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
Question time for the noob! You know how trainers and the like have walk animations in the overworld, and Pokemon don't (they just kind of... slide)? Is there any way to give Pokemon walk animations? Looking in Overworld Editor, there are 8 different possitions for each sprite (facing up, facing down, facing left, frame 1 of a walking down animation, frame 2 of a walking down animation, etc); however, all the walking animations are "linked" (for lack of a better word) to the "facing this direction" frame (if you change one, the other one changes too).

Anyway, if it is possible to change that, would that fall under scripting? Would I have to try to figure that out myself, or is there a program that can help me do that? I'm more of a spriter than anything else, so if it does require scripting, I'd appreciate it if you used small words XD Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2008
Script is WRONG

Spoiler:
What is wrong with this? And why does it keep asking me(which it hasn't before) for the script offset for Trainhere.pokeball?
Thank-you for answering,(If you do>_>)
Oh wait, left out important info... It asks me for offset when I click burn, and
The first message works fine, but after it sets the flag the next time I talk to it it says nothing...

Did I seriously ask that? There's no lock or face player on third one and no space from oh to =...I'm such an idiot >_>

After using the edit thing like five times, I now say that it still asks me for the script offset of getpokeball.$pokeball when I try to burn it. Right now I'm putting random two-digit or three-digit numbers because that is what works, but I'll update(with yet another edit) once I test it.
Doesn't work :(

AHHH
does the fact that the #org then the $thinghere
is the same as message $thinghere

Let's find out...

Nope :( I added the spoiler thing which I hope works.)

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Spoiler:
What is wrong with this? And why does it keep asking me(which it hasn't before) for the script offset for Trainhere.pokeball?
Thank-you for answering,(If you do>_>)
Oh wait, left out important info... It asks me for offset when I click burn, and
The first message works fine, but after it sets the flag the next time I talk to it it says nothing...

Did I seriously ask that? There's no lock or face player on third one and no space from oh to =...I'm such an idiot >_>

After using the edit thing like five times, I now say that it still asks me for the script offset of getpokeball.$pokeball when I try to burn it. Right now I'm putting random two-digit or three-digit numbers because that is what works, but I'll update(with yet another edit) once I test it.
Doesn't work :(

AHHH
does the fact that the #org then the $thinghere
is the same as message $thinghere

Let's find out...

Nope :( I added the spoiler thing which I hope works.)

Go to the Script Help Thread stickied right under/above this thread.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
NEvermind, i found out the problem... I dont have a .net framework on my PC... I gotta install one now... lol
(I used YAPE before, but I had to re-install windows on here... so it deleted my framework, heh)

What is so different about Hiche's version of YAPE? And is it public, cause I don't want to take someone's beta or something that I should not have...

Not different. I think from a different source. I downloaded YAPE from 3 different sources. Two of them never worked.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
uhm what are other sounds i can play besides the "heal pokemon" sound?

fanfare 0x13E is the sound/jingle of the givepokemon, and giveitem.
fanfare 0x100 is the healing sound.

There are more, I think. I will check them later.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
fanfare 0x13E is the sound/jingle of the givepokemon, and giveitem.
fanfare 0x100 is the healing sound.

There are more, I think. I will check them later.

ok thanks, those are the important ones, but i'd still like to know the others. just in case i need them. =D

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Sorry if this question has been posted before, but I don't have time.

What's wrong with my APE?

I am currently in part of a hack and I'm doing the title screen. I edited the Charizard to a Swellow. I changed the Charizard palettes to Swellow's palettes but, when I load up the ROM in VBA, there is no change in the palettes. My only other alternative is hex editing but that will take too long, despite being easier. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
Repeating my previous question, and adding in a new one! New one: Is there any way to find the offset of a tile in unLZ by using VBA's Map View or Tile View? Barring that, does anyone know the offset of the Pokemon in the opening screen in the Japanese version of FR? It's nowhere near the 2011 listed for the US version (I went around a hundred less and more just to check).

Second question: you know how trainers and the like have walk animations in the overworld, and Pokemon don't (they just kind of... slide)? Is there any way to give Pokemon walk animations? Looking in Overworld Editor, there are 8 different possitions for each sprite (facing up, facing down, facing left, frame 1 of a walking down animation, frame 2 of a walking down animation, etc); however, all the walking animations are "linked" (for lack of a better word) to the "facing this direction" frame (if you change one, the other one changes too).

Anyway, if it is possible to change that, would that fall under scripting? Would I have to try to figure that out myself, or is there a program that can help me do that? I'm more of a spriter than anything else, so if it does require scripting, I'd appreciate it if you used small words XD Thank you!

Edit: Found Charizard! In my Japanese dump, it's at 152. Still would like to know if you can find offsets with VBA, though.

Last edited:

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
oh and i forgot to ask whats the flag for gender? not checkgender, but the actual flag. i wanna see if i can make a change gender script lol.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I wish to ask this question to save time in my hands...

Hi everyone... Can anyone redirect me to a tutorial or anything that shows me all Pokémon's cry offsets in a Ruby ROM...?
If there isn't, then in a Ruby ROM, what are the cry offsets of Kyogre, Sharpedo, Duskull, Dusclops, Tropius and Armaldo...?

I can find those through trial and error, but it takes a lot of my time, so if anyone knows and is willing to share it, a big thanks.

Thank you in advance.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
So I've attempted to insert a new pokémon sprite into FR at least 3 times now, and each time I go to do battle with my newly created monster, all I get is a black screen with the battle music continuing to play in the background.

As far as I'm aware it's indexed correctly, and I think I'm inserting it correctly as far as using ulNZ goes. I've followed a couple of tutorials (which aren't the best sad2say), and they pretty much tell me to do the same thing.

But it still doesn't work.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
So I've attempted to insert a new pokémon sprite into FR at least 3 times now, and each time I go to do battle with my newly created monster, all I get is a black screen with the battle music continuing to play in the background.

As far as I'm aware it's indexed correctly, and I think I'm inserting it correctly as far as using ulNZ goes. I've followed a couple of tutorials (which aren't the best sad2say), and they pretty much tell me to do the same thing.

But it still doesn't work.

It may not be your problem, but did you uncheck the Auto Abort chechbox, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back